Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
The main obstacle for me to get over WRT Hyrule Warriors 2 is that it's a sequel to a game that was kind of meh. BotW was, for me, a couple of neat setpieces mired in a sterile, empty map with an off-putting art style, wretched voice acting and unsatisfying gameplay. HW2 just has too much working against it by tying its chariot to that horse, especially after HW1 turned out to be an unmitigated delight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

There's already some precedent for it from latter-day Romance of the Three Kingdoms games, which did call back to how he was once a respected general:

Ah, now I'm thinking of how Cai Yong wept for Dong Zhuo, because he remembered that there used to be a good person (or at least a respected leader) in that dead body. :sigh:

Chachi fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 4, 2021

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

Also the cat turned into a loving car when I used him in battle what the hell.

He turns into a car so you can get around the underground dungeon areas and is a creep about one of the girls sitting on his cushions.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

I hope Ashikaga Yoshiteru is in the roster and that he is absolutely terrifying.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

He's certainly... something in this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKAHDuhpwlE

Holy poo poo, this competes quite well with his Nioh 2 appearance for shockingly cool. I wasn't expecting him to take two haymakers across the jaw without MOVING, much less flinching :hellyeah:

Chachi fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 28, 2021

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Yasuke's "historical story" (such as it is given the sometimes imprecise record-keeping of the era when it came to slaves and ethnic minorities) has a murky conclusion. Some scholars etc. are of the opinion that he was likely sold back into slavery after being taken to Kyoto following the the Honnō-ji Incident, but I read a few years back that there are (dubious) records of him somehow winding up in India and becoming a general there. There are some alleged tales of a large African man in samurai armor leading troops in the region from that time period, but this is probably just anecdotal as I'm coming up empty-handed for an actual source right now.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm just curious about what Hisahide's new look is going to be like.

Hoping for literal spider with smug human face.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Same. Romance of the Three Yokai wasn't bad either.

The what now?

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

PureRok posted:

It is emphatically not.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

The thing I miss most from latter-day localized VA is people having unique phrases for KOing an enemy officer. You can only hear "enemy officer defeated!" in the exact same voice, with the exact same cadence, so many times in a 10-second period before your brain starts to liquefy.

It's not MUCH better with the English VA, but at least it's not literally the exact same words for every single character. :sigh:

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Impressive. You do not require strategy?

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Bloodly posted:

This would be even harder nowadays than before. In the old days, minions were using appropriate Warrior movesets, though you might be limited in number of strikes-two or three. Zhao Yun, Lu Meng, etc. These days, they've only got unique, absurdly slow(both in swing and recovery) single strikes.

I really do miss when the basic soldiers had more variety and life. If they do another game that might be my single biggest ask.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

It's a funny and relatively low-stakes story with plenty of silly poo poo for 3K fans to point at and go "!!!" about, so I would definitely give it a try. The only real complaint I have so far is that for a series that is at least partly about loving music in all its forms, the musical pieces featured thus far aren't really anything out of the ordinary for anime and are pretty safe as far as genre selection goes. Though who knows, I've not read the comic so maybe Kongming starts getting big into dubsteb or legally-distinct-from-Babymetal or something later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Takoluka posted:

There is a rap sequence that is so amazingly translated that it deserved a watch based on that alone.

Also yeah the localization on the sequence referred to here is a literal triumph. It's tough to imagine how much work must have gone into it.