Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Guy Goodbody posted:

You guys have no idea how badly I want a Emperor's Children series written by Chuck Tingle.

Pounded in the Butt by my latent heretical gay-Slaanesh persuasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Pounded in the Butt by the butt-growth on the Butt of a Nurgle cultist

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The most interesting idea imo was the concept that the Emperor was nothing more than an Age of Strife weapon that got out of control.

Who forged such a weapon?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I believe Cadia was swallowed by the eye of terror finally.

End times was the fantasy war hammer story arc where the brittonians were wiped out by a product of skaven machinations. I think.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Geez how would the modern imperium react to a 30k primarch returning? Abject reverence or some hostile, cautious optimism.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Skarsnik posted:

Well it already happened in the Beast Arises series.

Everyone was like, sup?

I'm not gonna spoiler that any more because the book titles give it all away

Russ came back?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Not really. It's a series of, 12 books with orks, eldar, IG, and fists on it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I, must have missed it.

I kind of want it now. I'd like to see how he acts when he's not a screaming, skinless mad mess like he was on Calth.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Hasn't the most updated Necron codex made them a race that can be negotiated with? They're no longer the mindless space zombies they used to be.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

SRM posted:

It's only fitting, as most hams are lamenting that they're single.

I'm proud of myself for calling the chapter correctly.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I thought this article about bejeweled skeletons smacked of 40K. Kinda neat that churches have kept bones and relics. http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-most-beautiful-dead-photographs-of-jeweled-skeletons

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
And the unfleshed are loyal to the Emps, right?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

McNeill is a terrible writer.

:chloe:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Laughing Zealot posted:

Papa smurf is not happy.

Is this just fan made or is this a 'canon' quote?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

VanSandman posted:

Official Warhammer 40k propaganda, my dude.

Noice!

Is there any official site or product I can look at that details Big Bobby G's resurrection and reaction to the state of the imperium thus far?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Ehhh, I can't justify buying a rule book for a game I don't play :(

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
The nails should have killed Angron by all accounts, right? It was only thanks to his primarch physiology that he survived them, owing to his body's regenerative healing power? Every moment spent not engaged in physical combat was agony if I recall.

Angron is a Meeseeks; existence is pain.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Southpaugh posted:

You know the way 40K is basically totally up its own rear end now (No sense of humour/Matt Ward) and over the last few years its all just space marines all the time, is this why I don't have any new Eisenhorn/GG novels? Abnetts health issues notwithstanding.

Matt Ward hasn't worked at GW for a few years now.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Arcsquad12 posted:

Iron Warriors are my personal favorite traitor legion, but there aren't really many stories that do them justice.

Best marines of all are the Red corsairs though. gently caress the gods, steal the ships, bang the bitches, and get paid while doing it.

What is it about the IW that you like? Perturabo seemed like a whiny angsty baby and I couldn't ever figure out why he traded teams.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
But pert didn't like magnus anyway.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Didn't Pert believe that unless you fought by swinging a crane arm over your head you were a slippery slimy sorcerer to be hated? I read that in the description of one of the newer books where Magnus and Pert are fighting together, and Magnus is torn between maintaining the brotherhood of arms, or pursuing ancient magicks on some worlds.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

hopterque posted:

Yeah what the hell, it's like she's wearing actual space marine armor instead of human scale power armor.

I mean it looks cool but it also looks incredibly stupid.

e: The only difference between the SoB's power armor and Astartes armor is that humans don't get the black carapace, or so I think. Is that right?

Yep. Black carapace is a subdermal implant that astartes use to interface with their suit sensors.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Kopijeger posted:

And a video showing a Grey Knight donning his armour, to give some idea of what the Black Carapace looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k

That's one interpretation. I didn't think it was so... obtrusive. It's like they have these big open ports in their bodies, and cannon plugs screw into them. Pretty weird.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
those service studs are way too small.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
That suit probably just acts as a sort of wetsuit for power armor. Non-astartes powerarmor is more like a powered exoskeleton, or power loader a la Alien. Non-astartes have no black carapace and thus no way to interface with suit sensors.

I guess Iron Man comes to mind. Astartes can feel water and temperature while in their armor thanks to the neural interface from the carapace, humans don't have that degree of integration. That's my understanding of it anyway.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
An unknown thunder warrior of the compliance wars of the 2080s with accompanying battle hymn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5joTyy3CCo

who was supported by the first imperial knight princep, of the first generation of imperial knights

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 19, 2017

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I really dig it. This New Retro Wave stuff is cool as heck.

I bought two NWR t-shirts, they screwed up, sent me the correct shirt and let me keep the 3rd.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Arcsquad12 posted:

Their resentment of their role as the workhorse legion is what I like. For decades they were the backbone of the crusades, going in to secure and mop up resistance and then fortify positions. But as time progresses their inability and inflexibility with their combat doctrine earns them scorn from other legions. They never achieved recognition for their victories, always overshadowed by the dynamic actions of the more daring legions. Resentment builds up.

Fast forward ten thousand years and their resentment and anger extends to everything and everyone. Their method of warfare is the worst nightmare version of world War 1 attrition, a slow grinder ending in a flash of horrific violence once the siege breaks through.

I don't cared too much for perturabo because ad you say, he's written as a petulant child. But that goes back to my initial point that iron warriors are rarely written well

I'd like to see some more traitor legion summaries like this.

Night Lords probably grew to resent the double standard held against Conrad, who used fear and intimidation just like the Imperium. "Join our imperium *cocks bolter* for it is your destiny."

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 27, 2017

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Are there any omnibus or chronological collections of stuff about Ciaphas Cain? He sounds like a proper guardsman but in a commissar uniform.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Arquinsiel posted:

IIRC there have been at least four omnibus editions of his stuff.

It looks like defender, hero, and savior of the imperium are what I'm looking for.

Malcador is the only hero of the imperium 😤

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
It is really frustrating trying to figure out which order to read the Caiaphas books in. 20 years worth of short stories and proper novels and no real way to figure out which order to read any of them in.

Any ideas?