Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

So I'm really enjoying Arkanaught's Oath so far and I just got done with a scene that makes me wish they'd bring back Man'O War but set in Age of Sigmar with skyships and flying monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Are the kin the most advanced or are they just more advanced than the Imperium?

Certainly not as advanced as the Necrons but definitely more advanced than the Imperium because they didn't have to deal with the kind of technological regression the Imperium went through, on top of not straight up losing a ton of tech and having to attempt to re-integrate it under religious pretexts.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

I like that without the emperor concentrating all of humanity under one poorly managed banner there probably would have been way less chaos too, even the emperors ideal version of perfected humanity was a flawed beginning. It's only gotten worse since.

I appreciate that one of the narrators near the beginning of the HH novels was basically like "I met the Emperor once and could immediately tell that he was a bloodthirsty tyrant, absolute garbage dump of a person, barely even human"

S.J.
May 19, 2008

wiegieman posted:

Chaos sees great results from "you get to hold the knife, and your boss gets to be tied to an altar."

The fact that they can slam pure god-juice into your brain at the same time just makes it work better.

"They deserve it" is a fantastic plot hook in 40k, yeah

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Telsa Cola posted:

They started it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also Mt. Rushmore is still around in 40k and is on Terra, its earth.

I mean the Imperial palace is literally in the Himalayas, the bit in Horus Rising is just a gag to show off how mercilessly uncaring the expedition is, no matter how familial or familiar their enemies

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CottonWolf posted:

Now give us female Emperors Children, because if there’s anyone who is not going to care an iota about fiddling with the laws of reality to allow anyone and everyone to get in on the action, it’s Slaanesh.

Fabius Bile already made some iirc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

wiegieman posted:

Fabius made his New Men and a number of one-offs like his bodyguard Porter (who is wildly capable) and recently got a progenoid gland out of Cawl's bootleg primarch, but idk if he's done anything with it yet.

Could've swore at least one of them was explicitly a woman although I've only read excerpts from his books so I could be misremembering

NihilCredo posted:

Well... a very prominent twitter account is apparently furious that the codex sucks, although to be fair that might just be due to a reported ton of heavy-handed nerfs.

Link is :nws: NOT loving SAFE FOR WORK :nws:

https://nitter.poast.org/MiaMalkova/status/1778564854955335927#m

this is loving hilarious