Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Given that where you find Orks, you find a lot of Orks, the only band that could fit them all in is a Ska band. Da Spe-shuls, Lots Iron Frenzy, Da Ullanor Beat, Very Stoopid, Reel Big Squigs, and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Primarchs have been cloned before, it probably scales up.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Plucky Brit posted:

EatD / Penitent spoilers:

Hoping this leads to the partial unretconing of the Inquisition War trilogy. Wake the gently caress up, Draco. We've got a palace to burn.

Hell, the Squats are back, even. Time is a flat circle.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Telsa Cola posted:

Who, who actually sees them like that though.

The Norsemen north/north-west of Kislev. Then occasionally lovely treatment/cultural incompatibility by Kislev/the Empire causes a bunch of them to push "y'know, those guys north of us have a point" or one of those two tribes of absolute assholes get the moderate tribes on their side and they decide to go a viking down south.

This is all down to GW not nicking/pushing the idea of Law when they nicked the idea of Chaos from Michael Moorcock, anyway. Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st edition mentioned Gods of Law in one book but it never really got any further. It went more with human gods other than Sigmar and Ulric which are the ones that see more relevance in the wargame.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Black Griffon posted:

Abnett's insistence that they're slower-than-light visibly moving bolts.

Bullshit, the documentary video game documentary Dawn of War clearly shows them as constant lines that grow into incandescence and as quickly fade away to nothing. :colbert:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah it's a creepy little detail for one specific type of field, but most other fields use some sort of more mundane supertech.

It does work with the whole "the Emperor was trying to turn the human race into some sort of psychic successor race" in that the Imperium is now chewing through what psykers it can find as part of its war-machine as sanctioned psykers, logistics as interstellar windshield-wipers, and feeding them to the Golden Throne. Whoever is sitting on it.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Less of a Catch 22 and more of a vicious circle, really.

Plus the Adeptis Mechanicus exists partly due to the Dark Age of Technology no doubt including doomsday technological stuff such as grey goo and killer robots. Someone needs to keep an eye on that sort of thing, why not the Atomic Priesthood?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

AnEdgelord posted:

also lol that a hyper-dystopian police state has a shortage of criminals

It's not direct canon, but the Left 4 Dead clone that's out at the moment features the player as a former-criminal current-penal-legionary for a shadowy Inquisitor trying to keep a Traitor Guard army from taking over a productive Hive World, and the crimes generated for characters could be 'looking a Noble in the eye'-level of pettiness.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

DaysBefore posted:

The daemon equivalent of a wrestling jobber

I thought this was Belakor's job?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Bohemian Nights posted:

that's right, Horus is basically confirmed to be the next primach to return

Turns out one clone got away!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Kylaer posted:

It just seems like some M Night Shyalaman-grade twist to say "No, this isn't where the legend of a guardsman named Ollanius defending the Emperor got started."

A story about a Normal Person (arguably a Normal Man due to the bubbling :umberto: the Imperium was going to become) defending the Emperor was going to happen, be it due Actually Happening or due to a Space-CIA agent ensuring the story gets told as propaganda.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

euphronius posted:

Volume 3 chat

Did Horus know E is a perpetual and also could not die ? It does not seem like he did

Haven't read any of it, but surely it's within the power of all the Chaos gods working together that they can stamp on one guy and make it stick, even if it's the Emperor? Presumably that's what Horus would think if he knows about the Perpetual-ism of the Emperor.

Furthermore, do the other Primarchs know that's Vulcan's special super power?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Mike Brooks has made his way into the Good Black Library Author canon. Brutal Kunning, Orks and Adeptis Mechanicus having at each other.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Eh, while it isn't fossil fuel per se, GW does rely on oil a whole lot, and could be used to damage his argument regarding the environment. So I could see that, if it ever came across his radar, he would decline the work.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Warden posted:

Ah yes, the Exorcists. I forgot about them. Wasn't the implication that it was some work of a Radical Ordo Malleus faction to make them some budget Grey Knights?

The Exorcists may have existed before the Grey Knights were written as doing that, or maybe someone wrote them up without knowing that the Grey Knights already did that.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

In a different series, Discworld's Wyrd Sisters, an antagonist is subject to be shown an unvarnished view of them and what they did, and they magnificently shrug it off and say they would have done the same again if they had the chance, only with more relish.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Would have been a terrible idea. There are already Sigmarines, and Nagash's undead-Sigmarines were already an unnecessary variation. Chaos Sigmarines, another ten or so plastic sets crowding GW's already strained warehouse and inability to keep things in stock? The ToW launch is already hampered with folks getting parts of their orders canceled.

I'm 'yucking' other people's 'yum', I know, but it's a terrible idea to add yet another Chaos sub-faction, and even worse idea to base it off the singular most boring, cookie-cutter faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Doomrider is immortal just because so it's not that rare/unlikely. The power of Slaanesh just thinks it's a cool Twilight Zone/Outer Limits thing to happen. Khârn was totally dead before Khorne decided he ought to be too angry to die and gave him a second chance.

Celestine will keep on coming back, so it's not like Chaos is alone in its 'my named dudes can't/won't die'.