Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
There's a Magos in one of the Forge World books that lost all his organics from some sort of weapon and he's still going strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

If he's dead, the Salamanders are going to be awfully disappointed when He'stan finally gets the final relic, The Unbound Flame, and opens it up.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They're slowly trying to show that the Black Crusades are far from failed. See this map from the Black Legion supplement:

It shows that the 13th is The Big One, and it's stymied at Cadia. All the other Crusades had targets other than Terra.

Fried Chicken posted:

Chaos has the ground, the Imperium has the space, the final battle is about to be joined and the outcome will either mean that the Gates of Hell remain open and the Imperium is certain to fall, or Chaos will be devestated and wipe out what took 10,000 years to build and be bottled up again for all eternity. Now as to who won that final battle, you now how right before the big reveal, shows go to commercial? Well GW has been pitching it's commercial for plastic space army mans for 11 years now, but we will get back to the plot any second...

40k is a setting, not really a plotline that needs to be advanced. The Imperium is at the edge of oblivion from every angle. It's the end times. You can't really go beyond.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Apparently it was get the favor of Perturabo and learn a secret route.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The background is a medium grey. I've never had a problem reading it.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

ADB might be better than Abnett.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

UberJumper posted:

One thing you can somewhat figure out is that every primarch was made for a specific purpose. There is one role that none of the primarchs fill which would be the scientist.

The most notable "missing" trait is a naval commander. None of the legions have a particular aptitude for ship-to-ship combat.

I guess the other one would be being left handed.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I don't think you understand just how angry Angron was at that moment.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, do some chapter's internal rituals involve bees?

The Brotherhood of the 36 Chambers does, but they'll never reveal their secret.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They've done a little bit. It's hinted that there's going to be a split in the Alpha Legion, similar to the Dark Angels, where Alpharius's half sides with Horus, and Omegon's half sides with Humanity. Eventually Omegon joins up with Garro's boys and becomes Janus, the first Supreme Grand Master of the Grey Knights.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Dorn died assaulting some Chaos Ship. I don't think it's ever been said that it was Abaddon who did him, or that it's been truely confirmed that he's dead.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Even Cruze is in the maybe pile. We only have bodies for the first 3.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Imotekh, Phaeron of the Chaos Gods might be a little too much to swallow though.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Death Guard would probably be antagonistic against the Thousand Sons, for no reason other than Mortarion's severe distrust of psykers (and the Nurgle/Tzeentch duality I guess, which apparently existed long before either legion heard of their gods).

Blood Angels get Hatred(Abaddon) as well.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Big Willy Style posted:

Am I right in assumeing the whole scared chaos numbers thing is a Legion custom rather than it being an actual part of chaos? Like mortarion having a stiffy for having 7 dudes around him or whatever.

Yeah. In A Thousand Sons, Magnus thinks that Mortarion is a hypocrite at Nikea in part due to Mort's veneration of the number 7.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I think the golden throne has always been what powered the astronomicon, just that the Emperor could run it remotely.

And yeah ask away.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

jadebullet posted:

Marines are required to keep as accurate a record of their activities as possible. (I haven't fully fleshed out how they do this yet.)

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Also, the idea to turn Angron to Khorne was inspired by some idiot Eldar pirate who saw a vision of the future and in trying to stop it, caused it to happen.

Apparently Lorgar was too dumb to realize that a dude named Angron is perfect for the Blood God.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Everyone had a little demon friend on Prospero, that's not a great sign.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Cythereal posted:

That was only the Thousand Sons. From what we see of Prospero itself and the Prosperans, they're almost universally low-level psykers but seem innocuous enough. The psyker-remembrancer lady's Prosperan girlfriend even saves the day for them getting off-planet before the Space Wolves hit.

I can't imagine a more dangerous world than a world full of unsanctioned psykers.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Sanctioned versus unsanctioned psykers wasn't really a thing in 30k. Prospero was by all accounts a pretty good place to live until the Wolves came - psychic powers were what kept humanity alive on Prospero, and the planet had no notable Chaos problems until the Thousand Sons came along, and even then things were seemingly under control until the Wolves came and the Thousand Sons got desperate. Prospero Burns notes that all the psyker horror was unleashed by the Thousand Sons, the civilians and Imperial Army forces on Prospero seemingly didn't use psychic powers at all.

There were definitely black ships roaming around the galaxy collecting anyone with psychic potential.

Tzeentch probably had some sort of hands off order for Prospero, so that he could get his prize of Magnus. Otherwise someone would have opened a portal to hell while trying to read someone's mind for an order at a restaurant.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They got an army book in like 2003.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They feel really guilty about falling for a Tzeentch demon's trap and damning themselves.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

What was the quote in Talon?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I just finished the audio book for Battle for the Abyss and I'm disappointed. For as much as everyone shits on it, I was expecting it to be much worse. It's not good by any means, and none of the characters had any depth whatsoever, but it wasn't offensive. I'd rate Descent of Angels much worse.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I think it's something they invented to make the Word Bearers doing a frontal assault on the Ultramarines fleet less stupid.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

No one gives a poo poo about a thirty year old PDF.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Or in the White Scars case, who sounded most like the Deus Ex Chinese voice actor.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They literally burn off Fulgrim's foot to the shin and he's walking around fine a few hours later.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Is it common for BL stuff to say "download unavailable" after they take you money, with no mention of pre-orders or anything?

Probably just a hiccup of some sort.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

Oh dear god I can't believe the Lion punched Nemiel's head off

What the christ. This character has been through two books already and is well established and this is how his story ends?

Yeah I was super surprised at that, especially as I hadn't read Fallen Angels yet. Maybe he'll pull an Eidolon and get stitched back together.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I don't think their power armor was anywhere close to approaching Astartes armor. I doubt it was multiple tons - I doubt Terminator armor is even a ton.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They've explained what was going to happen, Titus was going to fight with the Inquisition for a while, then become the chapter master of a new successor chapter.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Why the hell did he even pick him to join his honor guard?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

With names like Bjorn and Ragnar they were always vikings.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I'd judge a person by how messy their living area is over what books are on their shelf. Unless it's Hitler Did Nothing Wrong and Glenn Beck: An American Legend in a light box.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

SRM posted:

My club's done 2 narrative campaigns that were really well put together, but unfortunately they kind of fizzled out right near the end. Personally I'd love to be part of another.

I'm going to try and help one we're starting up here in Florida, and trying to branch out to other areas. I'll post about it when more info is concrete.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Waroduce posted:

What part of fl

Its base is in Miami and and I'll work on the Tampa/St. Pete side. What part of Florida are you in?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Waroduce posted:

I live in Fort Lauderdale, work out of an office in Miami, and the state is my territory, so thats pretty cool.

Would totes play if you guys need/want another, but my only experience is dnd 3.5 and the scrunt play by post game.

E: except for tampa, they got a bunch of federal poo poo I dont touch

There's an Escalation League going on Hey Wanna Play in Plantation. We're at 500 points this month and pretty much everyone but me is a newer player. Come on by this Saturday and check it out! This is the Facebook Group we use, join and I'll add you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah, it opened up in late November. It was a total surprise to me too. Most people show up around 3-6. I only do the tabletop game, but I think they have an RPG night too.