Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Down, down, down you go, credit card debt! Started tracking and categorizing my expenses and realized I was living a $3,000 lifestyle on a $2,000 income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

spwrozek posted:

Today was good... $8562.50 raise, $18000 bonus.

Also about to buy a house, so not as good? Lol.

That's awesome! At least an extra $500 a month in take-home pay will make that mortgage a bit less scary.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Nice!

Is over-contribution possible? They're handled by payroll department, who need to inform the IRS of your exact contributions, so they usually do the extra Molecule of Work to automatically stop contributions after hitting the max.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SlapActionJackson posted:

401k hit a :c00l: million yesterday

Hot drat, how'd you fit so much in there? Does your employer allow contributions up to the ~50k employee + employer cap? I've maxed my 401k every year of my career but due to the less than generous employer portion that doesn't even have me CLOSE to a million, grrr

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Grateful for the F You stash today as I am feeling like it's time to quit and find some new purpose.

My work-provided laptop's battery swole up like a Capri-sun and IT refused to replace it due to Cost Cutting Measures in place

When I raised a fuss, they retaliated by installing Palo Alto Network's GlobalProtect(tm) to lock out all non-productivity tools and insinuated that my battery is about to explode because I visit non-work related websites :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They make goons in their 50s now, so we probably have need for the thread on both ends of the arrangement