Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

jivjov posted:

I've been kinda out of the MHR circuit for a while; have they made physical versions of the Civil War supplements yet? I could have sworn they were going to be out something like last July, but I've not been able to find them.

I received my preorder copy of Fifty State Initiative about six weeks or so ago. My understanding of the situation is that at MWP tried to save money by taking on a Chinese printer, and their attempts at getting any amount of any kind of product from that printer were all unsuccessful and pushed back the print release of everything by some disgusting number of months.

Things got pushed back across the board by a little bit when, if I had to guess, they realized they were a little over-aggressive on what they wanted to put out with the staff they have on hand, but that only led to stuff like the Young Avengers/Runaways book getting bumped from something like June to September, but on the whole it seems that the main problem with a lack of product can be chalked up to the problem with the earlier printer. My impression is that once MWP takes care of the problem revolving around their books being late going to print, the main chokepoint in new product will be that there are a limited number of hours in the day in which their one (incredibly talented) layout guy is able to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
PDFs are only available until April 30th, so get them while they're still available. I've heard secondhand that this isn't at all MWP's call, but instead Marvel's pulling the license as a result of some target number of sales not being met.

I guess this explains why all of the Marvel news was allowed to drift off the front page of their website in the last couple of days.

Edit: I'm also now reading that MWP couldn't afford the licensing fee another year in light of low sales, and that Marvel is just being demanding about how long the company is still allowed to sell a game with their name on the cover. No matter whose "fault" it is, this really just sucks on a ton of levels.

Claytor fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 24, 2013

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

ibntumart posted:

Though the Cortex system will still be around. No idea how different Marvel Heroic was from the basic Cortex, though.

There is no "Basic Cortex." There's Cortex Action, Cortex Drama, and Cortex Heroic(?), which share the dice pool mechanic but use it in completely different ways. I don't know that Heroic Roleplaying will be seen in an MWP product again, and that makes me sad.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I think, though I'm still really new to this system, that I would be in to try and help make some fan-created events and PDFs. It's such a gorgeous system, and it captures the feel of comic adventures and superheroics. A Secret Invasion, Age of Apocalypse, House of M, and even a Secret Wars event could be awesome. So why not make them ourselves?

I'm determined to do just that, as soon as I figure out what exactly I want to do with it. Too many ideas are crammed in my head right now.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
Have two gear-based power sets I wish had been included in Young Avengers/Runaways.

quote:

THE ABSTRACT

Mystic Resistance d8
Sorcery Adept d8

SFX: Pride and Joy. Spend 1 PP to create a resource for the next Action Scene as though you had an appropriate Expert specialty, or spend 1 PP to step up a Cosmic or Mystic resource.

SFX: Room For Interpretation. Spend 1 PP to reroll the lowest die in your pool that is not an opportunity.

Limit: Ritual Magic. Sorcery Adept may only be used during Transition Scenes.

Limit: Unforeseen Outcome. Convert a THE ABSTRACT power into a complication to gain 1 PP.

quote:

FISTIGONS

Fire Control d6
Weapon d8

SFX: Area Attack. Add a d6 and keep an effect die for each additional target.

SFX: Fire Hazard. Split Weapon into 2d6 or 3d4.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown FISTIGONS and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

And I couldn't come up with a solid way to make Rhino's charge really deadly if he hits but easier to dodge, so I made his SFX give him better odds at doing big damage (potential d12) and his limit reflect how his speed makes it hard for him to change course or slow down once he starts. I strongly encourage that the Watcher activates it anytime he charges (which should be pretty often. He is the Rhino after all.)

Try dropping the current Limit and replacing Charge! with "Step up or double Superhuman Strength for one action. If that action fails, gain an OUT OF CONTROL complication equal to your effect die."

For his Limit, what about this?

Easily Provoked: Step up emotional stress inflicted on Rhino to add a d6 to the doom pool or step up its lowest die.

Putting some work into the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants right now. Hope to have something up later today.

Claytor fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jun 11, 2013

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
Here are some members of the Brotherhood, chosen on the basis that they were alive around the time of Breakout. Enjoy Blob, Magneto, and Unus The Untouchable. As a bonus, Watcher versions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. I'll probably do up some player versions of these in the near future. I think my next project will be some pre-M-Day player versions of the depowered mutants who served on the New Warriors.

quote:

BLOB (Fred Dukes)

Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Disgusting Appearance
Former Carny
Slow-Witted

IMMOVABLE OBJECT
Godlike Durability d12
Superhuman Stamina d10
Superhuman Strength d10

SFX: Grappler. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when inflicting a grapple-based complication on a target.

SFX: Heavyweight Brawler. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to step up or double Superhuman Strength for one attack action.

SFX: Immunity. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from cold, heat, or being lifted.

SFX: Invulnerability. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to ignore physical stress or trauma.

Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 PP.

Combat Expert d8
Crime Expert d8
Menace Master d10

quote:

MAGNETO (Max Eisenhardt)

Solo d10
Buddy d6
Team d8

Mutant Terrorist
Revolutionary Leader
Survivor

MASTER OF MAGNETISM
Magnetic Force Blast d10
Magnetism Supremacy d12
Subsonic Flight d8
Superhuman Durability d10

SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.

SFX: Homo Superior. Step up or double any MASTER OF MAGNETISM power for one action. If that action fails, take mental stress equal to that power die.

SFX: Magnetic Field. Spend a doom die to ignore physical stress.

SFX: Versatile. Split Magnetism Supremacy into 2d10 or 3d8.

Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any MASTER OF MAGNETISM power and step up lowest doom die or add d6 to the doom pool. Recover power by activating an opportunity.

Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 PP.

HELMET
Psychic Resistance d12

SFX: Immunity. Spend d6 from the doom pool to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from psychic attacks.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown HELMET and step up or add d6 to the doom pool. Spend d6 from the doom pool to recover.

Crime Expert d8
Psych Master d10
Menace Expert d10
Science Expert d8
Tech Expert d8

quote:

QUICKSILVER (Pietro Maximoff)

Solo d8
Buddy d10
Team d6

Brotherly Love
Mutant Supremacist
Smugly Arrogant

FASTEST MUTANT ALIVE
Godlike Reflexes d12
Godlike Speed d12
Superhuman Stamina d10

SFX: Everywhere At Once. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.

SFX: Faster Than You. In a reaction against an opponent with a Speed power trait, spend a d6 from the doom pool to add a die equal to the opponent’s Speed to your dice pool.

SFX: Untouchable. Double a Fastest Mutant Alive power for one reaction to an attack action. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.

SFX: Supersonic Fist. Step back the highest die in your attack action pool to add a d6 and step up physical stress inflicted.

Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown a Fastest Mutant Alive power to add a d6 to the doom pool. Activate an opportunity to recover that power.

Acrobatics Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Psych Master d10
Menace Expert d8

quote:

SCARLET WITCH (Wanda Maximoff)

Solo d10
Buddy d8
Team d6

Mentally Unstable
Sisterly Love
Unfathomable Power

CHAOS MAGIC
Expert Sorcery d8
Hex Bolts d8
Probability Mastery d10
Subsonic Flight d8
Transmutation d8

SFX: More Than Luck. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to reroll

SFX: Powered By Emotion. Before you make an action including a CHAOS MAGIC power, you may convert your physical stress into emotional stress and step up the CHAOS MAGIC power by +1 for this action.

SFX: Unleashed. Step up or double a CHAOS MAGIC power for one action. If that action fails, take emotional stress equal to that power die.

SFX: Unstable. If a pool includes Probability Mastery, you may add your emotional stress to the pool as well.

SFX: Versatile. Split Expert Sorcery into 2d6 or 3d4.

Limit: Chaos Theory. If a pool includes a CHAOS MAGIC power, both 1s and 2s on those dice count as opportunities, but only 1s are excluded from being used for totals or effect dice.

Combat Expert d8
Cosmic Expert d8
Mystic Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

quote:

UNUS (Angelo Unuscione)

Solo d8
Buddy d10
Team d6

Career Criminal
Loyal Friend
Professional Wrestler

PSIONIC FIELD
Energy Strike d8
Godlike Durability d12
Psychic Resistance d10

SFX: Deflection. On a reaction against an attack action, inflict physical stress with your effect die at no doom pool cost.

SFX: Untouchable. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to ignore physical stress or trauma.

Limit: Uncontrollable. Add a d6 to the doom pool and change a PSIONIC FIELD power into a complication. Activate an opportunity to recover.

Combat Expert d8
Crime Expert d8

Claytor fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 12, 2013

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I second that.

Edit: I'm also a little iffy about some of the affiliations. Scarlet Witch strikes me as more of a team d8, buddy d10 to me. She works best in pairs imo. And I feel like Magneto is more like a solo d8, team d10 (he's ruled nations of Mutants, even empires of them!) and Blob, I think, works with Toad as a partner most of the time. Maybe buddy d10, team d8? I'm not an X-men afficionado though. Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Magneto's affiliation dice are set the way they are to account for his relative effectiveness in different situations. Magneto and the Brotherhood as a group are often about as much of a threat as Magneto alone, and I'm trying to replicate that. I could see swapping Buddy and Team, but Magneto does seem more willing to cut loose in a one-against-many situation.

You've absolutely got a point about Scarlet Witch, but I'm trying to represent her post-Disassembled, world-level-threat appearances, in which she's far more effective on her own when there's no one around to hold her back. A player datafile would probably be Solo d6, Buddy d10, Team d8, but I want Wanda to be at her best when the whole world (players included) is against her.

Edit: Went ahead and tweaked Magneto's Buddy and Team values, and set Quicksilver's affiliations the way that I thought I'd already put them. If anyone else thinks that Blob's affiliations should be changed around, I'm certainly not married to the way they are now.

Claytor fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 12, 2013

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Not that I could find. But datafiles tend to get mixed up in weird places sometimes. The books are so disorganized, it's almost criminal.

No write-up for Pyro, but there is an official Toad in Civil War: X-Men.

If you're looking for a particular datafile, this spreadsheet is a huge help. It's got every official datafile that's come out, and a pretty comprehensive listing of fan datafiles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjWqfwOICbvldGY4RWVQTjFPTlFPeHN4Q1ljMmNNUFE#gid=1

I've got a Mastermind I can post in a little bit. Put him together months ago, but for some reason figured no one would be interested in him. Also, playable, Breakout-appropriate versions of Jubilee and Beak.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

quote:

BEAK (Barnell Bohusk)

Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Birdlike Features
Good With People
Low-Key

EPSILON-LEVEL MUTANT
Flight d6
Enhanced Durability d8
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Strength d8

SFX: Feathered Friend. Whenever you take a support action, step up the effect die by +1.

SFX: Talons. Add a d6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back highest die in pool by -1. Step up physical stress inflicted by +1.

Limit: Mutant. Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific Milestones and tech.

Limit: Not Always Effective. Shutdown an EPSILON-LEVEL MUTANT power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

TITANIUM BAT
Durability d6
Weapon d6

SFX: Swing For The Fences. If a pool includes a TITANIUM BAT power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown TITANIUM BAT and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

Acrobatics Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

FAMILY MAN
1 XP when you brag about your kids to a member of your team.
3 XP when you rescue your family from danger.
10 XP when you give up on a life of superheroism to be with your family, or when you decide to leave your family behind for a lifetime of saving the world.

TRUST
1 XP when you open up to a friend about a sensitive subject.
3 XP when your misplaced trust causes you to receive stress or trauma.
10 XP when you patch things up with a friend who's betrayed you and help your friend to become a better person, or when this betrayal causes you to become bitter and you vow to never trust anyone again.

quote:

GAMBIT (Remy LeBeau)

Solo d10
Buddy d8
Team d6

Always An Outsider
Charming Thief
History Of Betrayal

BO STAFF
Durability d6
Weapon d6

SFX: Focus. If a pool includes a BO STAFF power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.

Limit: Shutdown BO STAFF and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

MOLECULAR ACCELERATION
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Kinetic Control d8
Psychic Resistance d8

SFX: All In. Step up or double an attack roll against a single target, or spend 1 PP to do both. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.

SFX: Area Attack. Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.

SFX: Charged Object. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when using Kinetic Control to create assets.

Acrobatics Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Crime Master d10
Psych Master d10

JE T'AIME
1 XP when you flirt with a member of your team.
3 XP when you or your romantic interest refuse to follow through on a relationship.
10 XP when you propose to your romantic interest, or when you leave the team to spend some time away from your one true love.

RAGIN' CAJUN
1 XP when you first draw on your Cajun heritage.
3 XP when you make your upbringing as a Cajun thief the central issue of a confrontation or conflict.
10 XP when you take down the Thieves' Guild, or when you return to the Guild and become its new leader.

quote:

HAVOK (Alex Summers)

Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Complicated Past
Natural Leader
Something To Prove

LIVING ENERGY BATTERY
Energy Blast d10

SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add d6 and keep an additional effect die.

SFX: Energy Absorption. On a successful reaction against an energy attack, convert your opponent's effect die into a LIVING ENERGY BATTERY stunt or step up Energy Blast until used in an action. If your opponent's action succeeds, spend 1 PP to use this SFX.

SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from heat or radiation.

SFX: Versatile. Replace Energy Blast with 2d8 or 3d6 on your next roll.

Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-related milestones or tech, earn 1 PP.

Limit: Out Of Control. Gain a d10 OUT OF CONTROL complication and gain 1 PP.

Combat Expert d8
Science Expert d8
Tech Expert d8
Vehicle Expert d8

COMMITMENT ISSUES
1 XP when you show romantic interest in someone.
3 XP when you inflict emotional stress on your romantic interest, or your romantic interest inflicts emotional stress on you.
10 XP when you marry the love of your life, or leave the love of your life at the altar.

THE YOUNGER SUMMERS BROTHER
1 XP when you compare yourself and your performance to your brother's accomplishments.
3 XP when you make your relationship with your brother the central issue of a confrontation or conflict.
10 XP when you accept leadership of a team your brother has led before, or when you choose to make a clean break from your old life and leave this Earth in search of new adventure.

quote:

ICARUS (Joshua Guthrie)

Solo d6
Buddy d10
Team d8

Plays Guitar
Small-Town Upbringing
Sullen Teenager

ANGEL WINGS
Enhanced Strength d8
Enhanced Durability d8
Mind Control d6
Subsonic Flight d8
Superhuman Stamina d10
Enhanced Reflexes d8

SFX: Flyby. Step up or double Subsonic Flight against a single target. Remove the highest rolling die and add 3 dice for your total.

SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back your physical trauma by -1.

Limit: Listen. Mind Control may only be used against targets which can hear your voice.

Acrobatics Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

SPIRITUAL SIDE
1 XP when you discuss religion or philosophy with a friend.
3 XP when something you say about religion or philosophy becomes the focal point for a conflict or confrontation.
10 XP when you convert to a new religion, or when you witness something which causes you to reject spirituality outright.

STAR-CROSS'D
1 XP when you recount a story of love lost.
3 XP when you go on a first date, or when you inflict stress on someone who has shown romantic interest in you.
10 XP when you watch someone you love die in front of you again, or when you prevent history from repeating itself and save the life of a romantic interest.

quote:

JUBILEE (Jubilation Lee)

Solo d6
Buddy d10
Team d8

Colorful Past
Leadership Potential
Valley Girl

PYROKINESIS
Plasma Blast d8
Plasma Control d8

SFX: Area Attack. Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.

SFX: Blinded By The Light. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when inflicting a BLINDNESS complication on a target.

SFX: Cutting Loose. Step up or double a PYROKINESIS die against a single target. Remove the highest rolling die and add 3 dice for your total.

SFX: Fireworks. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when using PYROKINESIS to create assets.

Acrobatics Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Crime Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

GENERATION NEXT
1 XP when you partner with a well-known, well-respected figure in the mutant community.
3 XP when your actions have a positive effect on mutant-human relations.
10 XP when you accept leadership of your own team of mutants, or when you choose to forge your own path by starting an organization to help teenage runaways.

STILL A TEENAGER
1 XP when you question the judgment of an older authority figure.
3 XP when you make an impulsive, poorly thought out decision that turns out for the best.
10 XP when your decision to disobey an authority figure earns you that authority figure's respect, or when you're forced to grow up because a decision you made has had disastrous consequences.

quote:

THE JUGGERNAUT (Cain Marko)

Solo d10
Buddy d8
Team d6

Craves Acceptance
Sibling Rivalry
Simple-Minded Brawler

CRIMSON GEM OF CYTORRAK
Enhanced Speed d8
Godlike Durability d12
Godlike Stamina d12
Godlike Strength d12

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more CRIMSON GEM OF CYTORRAK powers in a single dice pool at -1 step for each additional power.

SFX: Property Damage. Double a Crimson Gem of Cytorrak power for one action. Remove the second highest-rolling die from your total and add it to the doom pool.

SFX: Unstoppable Force. Any time you would receive physical stress, instead convert it to your choice of emotional or mental stress.

Limit: Get Outta My Head, Charles! Whenever you suffer mental stress, step it up to gain 1 PP.

HELM OF CYTORRAK
Mystic Resistance d12

SFX: Impenetrable. The Juggernaut ignores all mental stress from psychic attacks while he is wearing Helm of Cytorrak.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown HELM OF CYTORRAK and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity to recover.

Combat Expert d8
Crime Expert d8
Menace Master d10

NOTHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT
1 XP when you boast that you cannot be harmed.
3 XP when you first use the Property Damage SFX.
10 XP when your reckless use of your powers leads to the destruction of something or someone you love, or when you singlehandedly defeat a cosmic-level threat through the use of brute force.

PLAYING BOTH SIDES
1 XP when you attempt to befriend a member of a hero or villain team.
3 XP when you feed important information on a villain team to a hero team, or vice versa.
10 XP when you betray a hero or villain team which considers you an ally, leading to the death or capture of one or more members of that team.

quote:

NOCTURNE (Talia "TJ" Wagner)

Solo d6
Buddy d10
Team d8

Demonic Features
Maximoff Blood
Rock Star Attitude

THIRD GENERATION MUTANT
Enhanced Senses d8
Hex Bolts d8
Invisibility d6
Mind Control d10
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Telepathy d6
Wallcrawling d6

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more THIRD GENERATION MUTANT powers in a single dice pool at -1 step for each additional power.

SFX: Prehensile Tail. Step back the highest die in your attack action pool to add a d6 and keep an extra effect die for a complication.

Limit: Possession. Mind Control may only be used to take over the motor control and movements of your target. You may only Mind Control one target in a twenty-four hour period.

Acrobatics Master d10
Combat Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Mystic Expert d8

LEGACY
1 XP when you express concern about your inability to live up to either the Wagner or Maximoff name.
3 XP when you prevent harm from coming to either of your parents or a leader of the mutant community.
10 XP when you perform an act of such great heroism that you prove that you have surpassed both of your parents, or when you attempt to change the face of mutant-human relations by forming your own Brotherhood of Mutants.

MUTANT OF TWO WORLDS
1 XP when you tell someone about a difference between your world and this one.
3 XP when you fight someone who was a friend in your world, or befriend someone who was an enemy in your world.
10 XP when you form a close personal bond which makes you decide to stay in this world for good, or when you leave this dimension in an attempt to find your home world.

Claytor fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 20, 2013

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
I liked the suggestions on Gambit, and I've tried to incorporate them into the design of the character. I know that Kinetic Control d8 might seem low, but it puts Gambit about where he should be in terms of destructive capability. He's got the staff and the SFX to be a very capable hand to hand fighter, or he can duck out for a round and create an asset that will do some real damage. Gambit has always seemed like a burst-focused, hit-and-run kind of fighter, and that seems to be well replicated by his power set.

Also, totally not done. Trying to blow through mutants who were active heroes as of New Avengers #1, with tentative plans to put together a mini-event based around the first arc of Astonishing X-Men. Should have Northstar, Xorn, Polaris, and Fantomex ready to go in the next couple of days, and then it's off to handle the Excalibur and New X-Men crews.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

JDCorley posted:

Five Assets are at the edge of the cliff.

Which Marvel wiki are you talking about? I'm not aware of one that takes RPG stats.

marvelheroicrp.wikia.com

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
Have a thing.

Nightwing! posted:

NIGHTWING

Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Always A Titan
Flying Grayson
Former Boy Wonder

LIFETIME OF TRAINING
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Stamina d8

SFX: Destined For Greatness. Step up or double a LIFETIME OF TRAINING power for one action. If the action fails, take mental stress equal to the normal rating of your power die.

SFX: Rallying Cry. Before you make an action including a LIFETIME OF TRAINING power, you may move your mental stress die to the doom pool and step up the LIFETIME OF TRAINING power for this action.

SFX: Teamwork. In a support action, add a d6 and step up the effect die.

Limit: Overworked. Earn 1 PP if you step up emotional or mental stress inflicted by letting down your friends or teammates.

TOOLS OF THE TRADE
Enhanced Durability d8
Swingline d6
Weapon d6

SFX: Escrima Sticks. Target an additional opponent and either add a d8 to your pool or step up your effect die. Keep an additional effect die.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown TOOLS OF THE TRADE and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

Acrobatic Master d10
Combat Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Crime Expert d8
Menace Expert d8
Psych Expert d8
Vehicle Expert d8

SHADOW OF THE BAT
1 XP when you make a repeat a lesson you learned from your time working as Batman's sidekick.
3 XP when you make your history with Batman the central issue of a confrontation or conflict.
10 XP when you claim the title of Batman for yourself, or when you lead your own team of heroes to chart a path for yourself.

TITANS TOGETHER
1 XP when you give advice to a teenage hero.
3 XP when you defeat an old foe of the Teen Titans by yourself.
10 XP when you leave your team to mentor young heroes, or when you handpick a young hero to lead the next generation of Teen Titans.

Starfire! posted:

STARFIRE

Passionate
Supermodel Looks
Tamaranean Princess

Solo d8
Buddy d6
Team d10

MODIFIED TAMARANEAN
Energy Blast d10
Enhanced Durability d8
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Superhuman Strength d10
Supersonic Flight d10

SFX: Fury. Before you make an action including a MODIFIED TAMARANEAN power, you may move your emotional stress die to the doom pool and double the MODIFIED TAMARANEAN power for this action.

SFX: Starbolt. Against a single target, step up or double Energy Blast. Remove the highest rolling die and add an additional die to your total.

Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any MODIFIED TAMARANEAN power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Combat Master d10
Cosmic Expert d8
Menace Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

FREEDOM
1 XP when you discuss the period of your life when you were enslaved by the Citadel.
3 XP when you use your Fury SFX in the defense of another being's liberty.
10 XP when you liberate an entire subjugated people, or when your attempt fails and you yourself are imprisoned.

LOVE
1 XP when you flirt with a teammate.
3 XP when cultural differences lead to a conflict or confrontation between you and your romantic interest.
10 XP when you and your romantic interest become married, or when your differences prove to be too much and lead to your breakup.

Raven! posted:

RAVEN

Solo d8
Buddy d6
Team d10

Daughter of Trigon
Empathic Loner
Not From Around Here

ASTRAL PROJECTION
Intangibility d12
Invisibility d10

SFX: Without Form. Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress caused by anyone attacking your astral form by mundane means.

Limit: The Empty Vessel. When your dice pool includes an ASTRAL PROJECTION power, adding a power from any other Power Set costs 1 PP. Your physical form remains where you left it, and for as long as you remain out of sight of it any stress or complications that target it directly are stepped up.

SOUL-SELF
Darkness Mastery d10
Mind Control d6
Subsonic Flight d8
Telepathy d10
Teleport d8

SFX: Empathic Healing. Add Telepathy to your dice pool when helping others recover physical or mental stress. If this action fails, take mental stress equal to your effect die.

SFX: Raven Ascendant. Step up or double any SOUL-SELF power for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.

SFX: Versatile. Split Darkness Mastery or Telepathy into 2d8 or 3d6.

Limit: Barely In Control. Earn 1 PP if you step up emotional stress.

Limit: Growing Dread. If a pool uses the Raven Ascendant SFX, both 1s and 2s count as opportunities, but only 1s are excluded from being used for totals or effect dice.

Menace Expert d8
Mystic Master d10
Psych Expert d8

APOCALYPTIC DESTINY
1 XP when you discuss your father and the future he had planned for you.
3 XP when you inflict emotional trauma on an opponent.
10 XP when you witness the destruction of Trigon or the Cult of Blood, or when you embrace your destiny and lead the forces of darkness into battle.

OPENING UP
1 XP when you admit to a teammate that you feel a sense of kinship with them.
3 XP when you allow a friend to talk you into appearing in a social setting.
10 XP when your close connection to your friends teaches you how to use your powers with a greater level of control, or when you push your friends away for fear of what you might do to them.

Cyborg! posted:

CYBORG

Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Heart Of Gold
State Of The Art
Team Player

CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY
Enhanced Speed d8
Godlike Stamina d12
Sonic Blast d10
Subsonic Flight d8
Superhuman Senses d10
Superhuman Strength d10

SFX: Boost. Shutdown your highest rated CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY power to step up another CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY power by +1. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY powers in a single dice pool at -1 step for each additional power.

Limit: Heavy Metal. On a magnetic attack, change any CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.

Limit: Rerouting Power. Shutdown any CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Combat Expert d8
Tech Master d10
Vehicle Expert d8

MAKING YOUR OWN FAMILY
1 XP when you share a bonding experience with a member of your team.
3 XP when you first inflict physical stress on someone who has dealt emotional stress to a member of your team.
10 XP when you give up on an amazing opportunity so that you can continue to serve on the same team as your friends, or when you leave behind your team so that you can accomplish greater things.

POSTHUMAN
1 XP when you comment on an aspect of life you can no longer enjoy due to your cybernetic enhancements.
3 XP when your cybernetic nature allows you to survive something a human never could.
10 XP when you choose to give up on ever being fully human and dedicate your life to being a hero, or when you create the technology necessary to once again live a normal lifea free of superhuman abilities.

Beast Boy! posted:

BEAST BOY

Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Child Star
Not Easy Being Green
Won't Shut Up

ONE-MAN ZOO
Shapeshifting d10
Superhuman Stamina d10

SFX: Experienced Shifter. Add a d6 and step up your effect die when inflicting a complication on your target that is made possible by your current form's attributes.

SFX: Menagerie. Split Shapeshifting into 2d8 or 3d6.

SFX: Natural Weapons. Add a d6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back highest die in pool. Step up physical stress inflicted.

SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a ONE-MAN ZOO power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the ONE-MAN ZOO power for this action.

Limit: Animal Planet. You may only use shapeshifting to change into an animal, and that animal will always be green.

Limit: Conscious Activation. If stressed out, asleep, or unconscious, shutdown ONE-MAN ZOO. Recover ONE-MAN ZOO when stress is recovered or you awake.

Combat Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

COMIC RELIEF
1 XP when you make a joke about a friend or enemy.
3 XP when you receive stress from a teammate who does not appreciate one of your pranks.
10 XP when you destroy a friendship or relationship by making a joke at an inopportune time, or when you use your sense of humor to recover an ally's emotional or mental trauma.

THE KID STAYS IN THE PICTURE
1 XP when you first address an adoring fan, or treat someone as if they are your adoring fan.
3 XP when your fame or distinctive appearance make your life significantly difficult.
10 XP when you leave the world of superheroics for a life as a movie star, or when you use your fame to change the world in a big way.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

ibntumart posted:

Possibly about to be five since my job cut overtime as of this week.

I might be starting one as well once I finish the remaining 34 of these 52 datafiles I'm working on for an event guide.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
Boy howdy, was this one a chore. Curse you, Jack Kirby!

quote:

MISTER MIRACLE (Scott Free)

Inspirational Figure
Scott Loves Barda
Unbreakable Resolve

FOURTH WORLD NATIVE
Enhanced Speed d8
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Superhuman Stamina d10
Superhuman Strength d10

SFX: Focus. If a pool includes a MISTER MIRACLE power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.

SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from aging, toxins, and diseases.

SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a FOURTH WORLD NATIVE power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the FOURTH WORLD NATIVE power set by +1 for this action.

SFX: Untouchable. When using a stunt to create an asset or complication which will aid your escape from a deadly situation, add a d6 and step up your effect die.

Limit: Needs To Be Free. Earn 1 PP if you step up emotional stress inflicted by confinement or the threat of confinement by +1.

MISTER MIRACLE'S COSTUME
Energy Blast d10
Enhanced Durability d8
Flight d8

SFX: I Made It Myself. Spend 1 PP to step up any Acrobatic or Tech resource.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown MISTER MIRACLE'S COSTUME and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

MOTHER BOX
Energy Blast d10
Gravity Control d8
Superhuman Senses d10
Technology Control d8
Teleport d12
Transmutation d8

SFX: Rejuvenation. Spend 1 PP to recover your own or another's physical stress or step back your own or another's physical trauma.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown MOTHER BOX and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

Limit: Mind Of Its Own. When your dice pool includes a MOTHER BOX power, adding a power from any other Power Set costs 1 PP.

Acrobatic Master d10
Combat Master d10
Cosmic Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Science Expert d8
Tech Master d10

NEW GENESIS
1 XP when you explain an aspect of Fourth World life to a friend or bystander.
3 XP when your status as son of the Highfather gets you into trouble.
10 XP when you succeed your father and become the next Highfather of New Genesis, or when you aid in the liberation of thousands of Apokoliptian citizens.

WORLDS' GREATEST ESCAPE ARTIST
1 XP when you create an Acrobatic or Tech resource.
3 XP when you single-handedly rescue a teammate from a life-threatening situation.
10 XP when you escape an inescapable trap, or when you give up your own freedom to save someone close to you.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

ibntumart posted:

Whoa, that's a hell of an Event Guide you're writing up. Does this have anything to do with the Teen Titans datafiles you posted recently?

Sure does. Working on an Identity Crisis event guide, as the timeline coincides with Avengers Disassembled so well that it'll be easy to incorporate DC characters into the Marvel universe or run Identity Crisis with Marvel characters as a Disassembled alternative. Like the Civil War event book, I'm trying to structure it with an eye toward the event being fun even for people who hated the actual comic.

quote:

AQUAMAN

Solo d10
Buddy d6
Team d8

Atlantean/Human Hybrid
Fierce Temper
King of the Seven Seas

DEFENDER OF ATLANTIS
Aquatic Life Control d8
Enhanced Durability d8
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Senses d8
Enhanced Stamina d8
Enhanced Strength d8
Swimming d8
Water Blast d8

SFX: Aquatic Ace. Add more than one DEFENDER OF ATLANTIS power die to your pool for an action. If that action fails, add a die to the doom pool for each power die equal to the rating of that power die.

SFX: Dehydration. Add a d6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back highest die in pool by -1. Step up physical stress inflicted by +1.

SFX: Healing Hand. Add Water Blast to your dice pool when helping others recover stress. Spend 1 PP to recover an ally's physical stress or step back their trauma by -1.

SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a DEFENDER OF ATLANTIS power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the DEFENDER OF ATLANTIS power by +1 for this action.

Limit: Water-Breather. Shutdown a DEFENDER OF ATLANTIS power to gain 1 PP. Immerse yourself in water to recover all powers lost this way.

Combat Expert d8
Menace Expert d8
Mystic Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

MARINE MARVEL
1 XP when you remind a hero that you are responsible for the safety of two thirds of the planet.
3 XP when you defeat a foe who has been a threat to the oceans in the past.
10 XP when you ensure that a threat to the oceans will never be able to harm them again, or when you leave your team so that you can commit full-time to protecting the seven seas.

SUB DIEGO
1 XP when you talk with a citizen of Sub Diego, or an expert who may help you to help them.
3 XP when you rescue the people of Sub Diego from an imminent threat.
10 XP when you find a way to return the people of Sub Diego to their original, air-breathing selves, or when you declare yourself ruler of this new kingdom.

quote:

BATMAN
Solo d8, Buddy d10, Team d6

Billionaire Playboy
Dark Knight
Guardian of Gotham

LIFETIME OF TRAINING
Enhanced Durability d8
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Stamina d8
Enhanced Strength d8
Psychic Resistance d10

SFX: Batman Has No Limits. Shutdown a LIFETIME of TRAINING power to step up another LIFETIME OF TRAINING power for one action. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

SFX: Best Part of the Job. Add d6 and step up effect die by +1 when you use your Menace specialty to strike terror in the hearts of evildoers.

SFX: Contingency Plan. Spend 1 PP to borrow the highest die in the doom pool as an asset for your next action, then step back and return the doom die.

SFX: Fighting Dirty. In a pool including a Lifetime of Training die, replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.

Limit: One Rule. Earn 1 PP when you step up emotional stress related to your inability to prevent all loss of life in a dangerous situation.

UTILITY BELT
Enhanced Senses d8
Swingline d6
Weapon d6

SFX: Batarang Volley. Step up or double Weapon die against a single target. Remove highest-rolling die and add an additional die to your total.

SFX: WayneTech. Spend 1 PP to step up a Science, Tech, or Vehicle resource.

SFX: Wonderful Toys. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when using UTILITY BELT to create assets.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown a Utility Belt power and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

Acrobatic Expert d8
Business Master d10
Combat Master d10
Covert Master d10
Crime Master d10
Menace Master d10
Psych Master d10
Science Expert d8
Tech Expert d8
Vehicle Expert d8

THE BATMAN FAMILY
1 XP when you first interact with a hero you've helped to train.
3 XP when you welcome another hero into your inner circle.
10 XP when a hero you've helped to train is killed in the line of duty, or when you drive away your associates to keep them out of harm's way.

JUST A MAN
1 XP when you threaten an opponent who does not consider you to be a physical threat.
3 XP when you stress out a superhuman with a Science, Tech, or Vehicle asset.
10 XP when you defeat a cosmic-level threat, or when the attempt leaves you so beaten and broken that you choose a successor.

quote:

ELONGATED MAN (Ralph Dibny)

Solo d6
Buddy d10
Team d8

Amateur Chemist
Loving Husband
World's Greatest Detective

GINGO-ENHANCED BODY
Enhanced Durability d8
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Speed d8
Stretching d10

SFX: Area Attack. Add d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.

SFX: Grapple. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when inflicting a grapple-based complication on a target.

SFX: Nose For Trouble. Spend 1 PP to reroll a failed reaction.

SFX: Versatile. Split Stretching into 2d8 or 3d6.

Limit: Tied In Knots. Change any GINGO-ENHANCED BODY power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.

Acrobatic Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Crime Master d10
Psych Expert d8
Science Expert d8

HEART OF THE LEAGUE
1 XP when you try to make light of a dangerous situation.
3 XP when you help a member of your team recover physical or emotional stress.
10 XP when you make sure that Sue is made an honorary member of your team, or when you take time off from the hero business to start a family.

ON THE CASE
1 XP when you use your Crime specialty to find a clue that has gone overlooked by other detectives.
3 XP when you name a suspect who has not been investigated by anyone else on the case.
10 XP when you are the first to solve an important case, proving yourself the best detective in the world, or when you step away from the mystery game to solve more important matters.

Claytor fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 15, 2013

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
Remember how I said that I was working on a bunch of datafiles for an Identity Crisis event book? Well, here's the final list. All but eleven of the fifty-four player datafiles I was working on are now completed. Watcher datafiles will also be incorporated for heroes who had a minor role, and of course I've got a ton of villains to work on. Heroes were chosen based on their importance to the Identity Crisis storyline or their prominence in books published during that time period. It would be appreciated if someone could let me know if I'm missing someone big.

Aquaman
Arsenal
The Atom
Batgirl
Batman
Beast Boy
Black Canary
Coldcast
Cyborg
Doctor Fate
Doctor Mid-Nite
Elongated Man
Firehawk
Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond)
The Flash (Jay Garrick)
The Flash (Wally West)
Grace Choi
Green Arrow
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Hawkgirl
Hawkman
Hourman
Huntress
Indigo
Jade
Jakeem Thunder
Kid Flash (Bart Allen)
Major Disaster
Manhunter
Manitou Raven
Martian Manhunter
Menagerie
Mister Miracle
Mister Terrific
Nightwing
Plastic Man
Power Girl
Raven
Richard Dragon
Robin (Tim Drake)
Sand
Shift
Sister Superior
Starfire
Stargirl
Superboy
Superman
Thunder
Wildcat
Wonder Girl
Wonder Woman
Zatanna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I'm not a DC fanatic, so I can't really say, though I am very excited to see some of these guys. Are you collecting these to share with the community, or are they more for personal use?

Once I've got the datafiles all done, I'll try to figure out a nice layout and stick them into a PDF or something. Probably upload them to the wiki, too.

• Locked thread