Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If you're going to talk old as poo poo gadgets that made extremely annoying sounds, there's one king:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNr4-5UCq2I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
plot twist: the option to disable ABS doesn't actually work in their car and it's all in mostlygray's head that there's any difference

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
how old is your car if you still have a cassette player in it?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why do people keep saying that when they merely built a computre inside the case of a pregnancy test. It's like saying someone is playing Doom with literal Altoids.

it started with a 'can you play doom on a pregnancy test' and then that person went 'no you can't, after a bunch of experimenting, but here's hacking it together to show what it'd look like'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
foone goes by they/them

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I've only known Mr Blobby from this and I think it's probably representative of the average reaction to him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97fw8xjB5u4

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
foone makes me wish people still had blogs because I'd absolutely follow their blog but I could only take 30-40 tweet threads for so long

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
gifs should be obsolete now that embedded video clips can be higher quality and less filesize but the internet as a whole certainly isn't making sharing mp4s as easy

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't think that's true? Every tweet I've seen from CRD on twitter indicates that he thinks Clinton sucks.

those two things aren't mutually exclusive

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU2hjhw1RCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyNTlMkt-_s

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Thomamelas posted:

Dick Best. The man who sunk the Akagi.

well, now that we've found the best we can put the derail to bed

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that's the sort of thing that a bunch of people would go 'lol I wish I had that problem' but it does sound like it genuinely sucks and if you have a therapist it would be worth talking to one about it

everyone deserves to feel comfortable and not like everything they have will go away at any moment

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
your pullquote confused me but i wasn't remembering wrong and it did come out a few months ago

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The General posted:

What moving parts?

The only time you really shouldn't tip a computer on it's side is if there's a CD in the CDRom drive, that's asking for some scratches. Do floppy drives have the same problem, I didn't think they did?

hard drives and their spinning platters

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cojawfee posted:

If you have spinning platters still, you need to get a new hard drive.

the post i quoted mentioned floppy drives and earlier posters were talking about those desks having crts in them. also we're not in the new and contemporary technology thread

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the line of conversation was 'what moving parts were even in those computers' not 'would it be dangerous to have platter drives at an angle'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there's a lot of better options for actually helping do math with, but the problem is they all can potentially access the internet and that would be Cheating

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I wish the worst thing I've ever seen was a hit or miss corny british television show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah, it's genuinely not an easy problem to solve. true randomness will have streaks; a playlist on shuffle with actual randomness might manage to play an entire album start to finish even if it'll freak out the listener and make them think something's wrong

you have to do some sort of dynamic weighting so that streakiness doesn't happen but then also some counterweighting so that the playlist still flows -- but then you ALSO have to do what I think is causing people's issues with smart shuffles and add enough noise so that the weighting doesn't cause the playlist to follow the same path too often whenever you start a new listening session