Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Why do car manufacturers actively fight you on this stuff? I wanted an aux jack in my car since the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Ironhead posted:

Is it for security systems or something? It seems like a low-tech way of watching a bunch of cameras on one screen at once.

I thought it was a way to channel surf multiple other channels at once and see what's on. Probably not a very good way to do that though.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Nocheez posted:

Well made, good documentation and spare parts inside? That thing is really impressive, except for the whole cranking the handle to listen to Bible tapes.

Seriously. As much as I want to dunk on it I can't because it's just too drat good at it's job.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

lol at how perfect your house is for this little conversation. The car in the driveway really makes it.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Should have bought the maintenance contract for their cooler doors.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Randalor posted:

I will never get over the "fish is a meatless alternative" belief. What did they think fish was made out of, rock? I know that several hundred years later it's just religious inertia at this point, but I still scratch my head over that whenever it's brought up.

It gets even better. According to Catholics beavers count as fish and are therefore vegetarian.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

:stare:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Me watching lab meat discourse pop up again.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Dewgy posted:

At least in terms of castration, ancient China has a few thoughts on the subject that you might need to take into consideration.

Like what?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Yeah at least in the US, insurance companies have gotten so good at dodging claims that many contractors now have their own insurance negotiators to get your insurance to pay out. This is not a cottage industry, to be clear, and is not even slightly the exclusive domain of scammers as some would have you believe. This is just how it works now.

God bless our beautiful job creators. :patriot:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What was really stopping computers in the 90's from being cool colors??

Skip to 2:30 if you're in a hurry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1skbgEGEn80

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

rndmnmbr posted:

This makes me ask: is it just me, or has something changed with cans over the past twenty years? It's like the rim of the can isn't shaped to fit the can opener anymore - either the metal of the can is too thick or too thin, or the can opener is just bad-spec garbage, but it's like every can opener I use just wants to chew it's way up the rim and spit the can out instead of actually open the drat thing.

I haven't noticed any such problems (yet). Maybe spring for a nicer can opener.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Just be grateful the company stuck around longer than the flavor in their gum.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

This wasn't an exaggeration the gum tasted really good for 20 seconds but then it tastes like nothing. I was actually kind of incredible.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

The cage isn't to keep us out.

It's to keep them in.

:hmmyes: Look which way the barbed wire is pointed.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

The General posted:

Only place I remember seeing them was in public school, and I'd be willing to bet it was so 12 year olds wouldn't handle the CDs directly.

Except there was only one caddy per computer so you had to handle the CDs to put them in the caddy.

Reasonable guess though.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Or maybe my school was too cheap to buy extras. All possible.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

God bless these forums and the nerds who post within.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Guy Axlerod posted:

My wife's car starts playing the first song on her phone Alphabetically when she starts it. So the first 10 seconds of A-Team every drat time. I don't know if that's an iPhone thing or what. But she either deleted that song or added something that starts with a number to play first instead.

Wasn't that such a common problem for a while that the best selling song on iTunes was named "_a" something and it was just 5 minutes of silence?