Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

This is a thing that is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
:stare:

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

A proper response.

My daughter is a little confused, I think she thinks that Iceland is Lazytown and I know Sportacus' brother or something. I have been informed we need to go visit.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Rulebook, this prize is incredible and you are incredible. You really went above and beyond with this entire contest, and you really deserve applause. This was an awesome contest and this final prize is a magnificent conclusion to it all.

Congratulations on winning, Ettin!

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I feel kind of sad I couldn't hang it in there, mostly to be along for the ride. But I agree that you really did an amazing job on the entire contest Rulebook!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
That is the most amazing and completely inexplicable prize. Congratulations Ettin, totally deserved!

I'm going to come back to Ministry of Heaven and give it an overhaul in the near future. I like the core of what I have there, but it clearly needs work.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
As requested, an index of games. If I hosed up a link let me know!

TOP THREE

Ettin: Retrocausality

Outline
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3

alakath: ThU/D: Deathrow LIVE!

Outline
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3 (+1)

Ulta: Jurassic Central Park

Outline
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3 (+1)

COMPLETED GAMES

Red_Mage: Amp 2 Amp

Complete Game

LemonCurdistan: gently caress You Erick Wujcik

Outline
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3

Druggeddwarf: The Last Days of the Meek

Outline
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3

gnome7: Dungeon Manager

Complete Game

Flaky Biscuit: Intersector

Outline
Module 1
Module 2 (+1) (+2)
Module 3 (+1) (+2)

Comrade Gorbash: Ministry of Heaven

Outline
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3

Kwyndig: Emperor Mittens

Outline
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3

sc4rs: Arenaball

Outline
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3

MadRhetoric: Nothing Amazing Happens Here (すごいことなくない)

Outline
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3

UberJew: Dis?Unity

Complete Game

Glasgerion: Disarmament - the game of very polite atomic crisis

Outline
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3 (+1)

MODULES 1-2

Gau: Traceuse

Outline
Module 1
Module 2

Auralsaurus Rex: Stock Sharks

Outline
Module 1
Module 2

blastron: Justice Is Blind

Outline
Module 1
Module 2

willing to settle and Helena P. Blavatsky: Arcana

Outline
Module 1
Module 2

MODULE 1

TK-31: Psychodrive

Outline
Module 1

FM: Due Process

Outline
Module 1

PublicOpinion: The Mage-Lords of Arymavon

Outline
Module 1

thanthos: Lil' Eldritch Horrors

Ad Blurb
Outline
Module 1

Radioactive Bears: WORLD SERPENT!! and Rookies

Rookies Outline
Rookies Module 1

Other Thing Outline
World Serpent Module 1 (+1) (+2)

OUTLINE ONLY

bahamut: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Ad Blurb
Outline

DocBubonic: Troubling Dreams

Outline

piL: Princes of Ilan

Outline

GorfZaplen: It's Not the End of the World

Outline

Mikan: Roster

Outline

Man-Thing: Red Tape.

Outline

HiKaizer: Confucius Says: Don't Wake Up!

Outline

self_invention: Earth Needs Rock Stars

Outline

Capfalcon: Road Trip!

Outline

GenericGirlName: Sugar Cube Quest

Outline

LEFT EARLY

PixelScum: Titans of the Ring and Inside the Dark Planet

ZenMasterBullshit: We Are Amplified

FewtureMD: Lawyered!

WhitemageofDOOM: Monocles are mandatory

Benedict: 1850s: The Lincoln Douglas Debates

RPZip: "Fantasy political intrigue game will go here. Or Cthulu office politics."

CloseFriend: MeldLine

whoda thunkit: Zero Hour

Undead Unicorn: Haunted

Sion: ICE Breakers

Benagain: Demiurge

CHaKKaWaKka: PopCon

Evil Sagan: Overruled

Fuchi: Spin

Namagem: Last of the Living

Beer4TheBeerGod: Tailgate

MadScientistWorking: Mystery at Owl Creek Cove

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
My game (Dungeon Manager) only needs module 3 linked. I went with a "add on to what was before" with each new document, which was apparently unique? It wasn't until the playtesting phase I really noticed that only I did that.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Similarly I posted a unified and slightly improved version that is much more readable that I'd prefer be used as a link in any list or archive.

It is here.

alakath
Nov 3, 2007

The green knight gets all the princesses.
Great work, Ettin.

One thing - I updated my Module 2 later on in the comp and you linked the first (bad) version. Any chance you could change the link to point to the good version at http://www.makingthegame.com/DeathrowLIVESettingFinal.pdf ? Thanks!

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Thanks, Ettin, for putting all of that in one place. What is the etiquiette on using these games? I've been asked to be RPG coordinator for a small convention and think Deathrow and Jurassic Central Park would be fun to put on the list as they could be taught quickly and don't require much set up. Would either author have an objection?

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Not only will the authors not mind, but the three winners unanimously agreed that I should spend their hard-won forum earnings on banner ads for the thread and their games.

So I just did.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

LongDarkNight posted:

Thanks, Ettin, for putting all of that in one place. What is the etiquiette on using these games? I've been asked to be RPG coordinator for a small convention and think Deathrow and Jurassic Central Park would be fun to put on the list as they could be taught quickly and don't require much set up. Would either author have an objection?
I've been meaning to put a Creative Commons thing at the bottom if Jurassic Central Park, but I'd be honored. The setup is a bit problematic, since food is required, but if you get past that its really simple.

alakath
Nov 3, 2007

The green knight gets all the princesses.

LongDarkNight posted:

Would either author have an objection?

Wow, that would be an absolute honor.

Seriously man, if you want to run some Deathrow LIVE!, go for it. Post some pictures and feedback, though!

And a note on Deathrow LIVE!'s future: Right now, I'm fooling around with a few aspects of the game, trying to balance out some of the issues people had. I'm contemplating attending a local convention to run version 0.2 of Deathrow LIVE and getting some feedback. The future's still uncertain after that, but maybe I'll run into a publisher at the con? Who knows?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Glad you guys are cool with it. The convention is in June bit I will take pictures and give an update. Right now I'll be doing a lot of 3.X and 4th ed so I want to try and add some indie/story games to the mix.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Awesome work guys, congrats Ettin. Did anyone manage to upload any playthroughs of Retro? I'm interested in playing but I don't have to the chops to figure it out properly and need to see it in action.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

This dinosaur chicken wing game is loving brilliant!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

stevey666 posted:

Awesome work guys, congrats Ettin. Did anyone manage to upload any playthroughs of Retro? I'm interested in playing but I don't have to the chops to figure it out properly and need to see it in action.

Aside from the audio somewhere in this thread I have no idea. Naturally I haven't had time to playtest my own game since. :negative:

Could still happen though!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Roll20 kind of screwed us out of logs when Ulta ran the second (longer) game. And the first playtest was cut way short.

Maybe this weekend somebody would want to run/log a fresh one in IRC? Sort of a Winner's Circle, final playtest thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Nice work, everyone. Time to send this thread to a better place. Stellar poo poo all around, congrats to all involved.