Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
1850s: The Lincoln Douglas Debates

My game will be a game about political intrigue, maneuvering, and yes, master debating. There will be no auto erotic jokes in this game. You and the other players will be a team of political pundits. You can be anything from radio personalities, commentators, journalists, senators, representatives, lobbyists, etc. Each session will revolve around getting your agenda forwarded, either a minor point voted through or a step in a major point. You will use bribery, lies, debate, gerrymandering, and all sorts of other connivery to accomplish this. The resolution mechanic will be non random resource management, so get out your puerto rico hats boys n girls, its gonna be a chit storm.

Where will you be when the chits hit the fan? Will you be a master debater or a political flop? Will you be a bad enough dude to be the next president?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Quick clarification query.

You state that you want the rules and characters for a playtest, then you state you want guidelines for running a playtest. Are you expecting both? By guidelines do you mean dm advice or ?

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

already past deadline, but real life poo poo came and crushed me. i am a shameful loser.