Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Let's see if I can go 3 for 3 in failing to make a game.

Originally I was thinking of "Wacky Races: the RPG", but I think that idea would work more as a board/card game than an RPG. The only real idea I could come up with mechanically would be that the driver and car would be considered one character.

Now I'm thinking about remaking/reworking this:

I also had this weird sleep-deprived idea of using something based on Apocalypse World's playbook and moves mechanics, but using playing cards instead. Moves would let you do one of three things:
  • When you're setting something up for later or putting yourself in peril, then you draw cards.
  • When something bad happens to you, you discard cards.
  • When you do something, instead of rolling you have to play a card. Ace & Face cards would do something special.

Stats could be something like...Clever, Muscle, Know-It-All, Charm, and Spunk.

"When you spend time planning an elaborate trap, draw Clever cards."

"When you're threatened by a Bad Guy, play a card+Spunk. On a 10+, you get away clean. On a 7-9, you stumble, get turned around, or get lost; discard 1.

"When you rock the house, play a card+Charm. On a 10+, pick 3. On a 7-9 pick 1."

Also, how the hell are you guys already coming up with these cool logos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rulebook Heavily posted:

But this contest is about the games first. They are the objective and the reason the contest exists. So here is my ultimate and absolutely fair ruling. Every game must be playtested. Every game must have its author/s run at least one playtest: that's one playtest total, not one for each author. This means that if you have multiple games, you yourself must still only run one playtest, but you must get each game you make playtested.

If that's the case, I think I might not be able to officially enter because I don't know if I'm going to have time to organize a playtest at the end of the month.