Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

chaoslord posted:

Maybe the poor soul was a club line. I have no clue what the state of refereeing in Holland is, but they might be in a situation where a lot of games don't get licensed ARs.

Most amateur games over here are refereed by volunteers, usually players from different teams. Assistant referees are usually subs or parents in the kids' leagues. Very rarely you'll get an actual licensed referee. Remember, we are a small country of 16 million inhabitants, but we have about 35.000 matches every weekend so there's not nearly enough refs.

Bye the way, this whole incident has pretty much cast the whole country into shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
How do we feel about this?

Referees are in danger of becoming a lobby group, like Ukip in shorts | Barney Ronay

http://gu.com/p/3jf9k

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
why the gently caress do you have all of this official referee stuff in the USA? I played football in Sunday leagues al my life in Holland and Germany, and we always just had a guy reluctantly being the referee, or a dad. You don't get an actual ref until you are way high up the pyramid.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
it is insane that you have "official“ refs in youth games at all, as well as in non-pro league games.

• Locked thread