Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Fina posted:

I thought I read something about new versions of Life and Pixillate. Are they on Epicloud or the recent live album?

They're on the Encores disc of the new live album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I didn't like the first half of the album at all but once Kingdom kicks in, it gets really, really good.

I'm listening right now and I just finished Kingdom a few minutes ago. I think I agree.

E: Is Z² next?

Dubstep Jesus fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 6, 2012

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
I'm kicking myself for not going to see Devin when he opened for Children of Bodom in Atlanta last year. I figured he'd be back around but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Oh my god an Atlanta show! I'm buying tickets the minute they go on sale.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
The Retinal Circus is being recorded for Blu ray/CD, right? I might have to miss the stream .

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Revol posted:

ARRG! I can't believe I forgot the livestream! Is there a recorded version available to buy?

DVD/Blu ray coming in 2013

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN4KTO6S0tg

I can't believe I only just now discovered this Devin Townsend cover of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York"

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Saw Devin Townsend tonight in Atlanta. 45 minutes just isn't enough! I hope he does a tour of his own soon, perhaps after Z2.

Doing jazz hands during Lucky Animals was hilarious. Grace was amazing. Everything was amazing. The only disappointment was no Kingdom, but it's minor compared to my enjoyment of the show.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Devin Townsend just announced a SYL complete collection on clear vinyl on Facebook. The run is limited to 150 copies. The post does imply that there will be another version, probably less limited and CDs instead.

Preorders start on April 17th and it will be $225.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
I don't think I'm going to listen to the studio version of Grace ever again after this comes out.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

henpod posted:

I don't want guitar and flute music, I want Z2 dammit. More than a year :(

Well, we can't get all the good music this year. I was hoping for Causalities sooner than spring, though.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Devin Townsend is finally coming to my city as a headliner instead of an opening act :dance:

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Revol posted:

I think I need to go to the Atlanta show. I live in Tampa, and I have never been outside of the state of Florida before.

If you don't know them, Animals as Leaders are loving excellent.

Atlanta metal heads love Devin so I definitely recommend the Atlanta show if you want a good crowd.

Also, my condolences on having never left Florida.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Didn't Devin take a pretty long hiatus after Ziltoid? I imagine the same thing will happen this time as well.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
According to Devin's twitter he remastered the album after sending the album to be press review copies, but the final release will be the remaster, so we needn't worry.

However, if you're someone who listens to album leaks, there's a good chance you'd get the worse version.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Immanentized posted:

Metalsucks just announced Z2 is coming out October 28th, more info about the album and other projects at the link. The turnaround on the album seems ridiculously quick, has this sort of thing happened before?

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/09/02/devin-townsends-ziltoid-2-release-details-revealed/

I remember him putting out a teaser video before Casualties with some demoes that included stuff for Z2 so I'm sure he's had at least some material floating around for a while now.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

henpod posted:

Are you saying there's a leak. I will try and hold out for when I know I have the final master, but...maybe just one song.

I checked when he posted that and it hasn't leaked.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
I'm weeping

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
The dude who does the metal show at the radio station I work at got a pre-release copy and taunted me today by telling me he thinks the second disc is better than the first :(

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
March of the Poozers :allears:

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
I really can't wait to hear these tracks live

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

jonathan posted:

Is Deconstruction a concept album ? I watched a guitar clinic where he said that it's an over the top complex album that makes fun of ovr the top complex albums (Like that new dreamtheater album.) He also said that it's about a plague that is spread by farts.

Ok, so the title song has lots of toilet harmonics, but I'm failing to see where Planet of the Apes fits in with Deconstruction, etc.

Concept album is a pretty loosely defined term, I'd say Deconstruction(and honestly most of Devin's work) fits the bill.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Silent Militia sounds like something off of an Ayreon album.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Chocobo posted:

Nah, just Ocean Machine 2 on its twentieth anniversary. Two more years to go.

I'll take an Ocean Machine tour where he performs the entire album, including The Death of Music :getin:

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Revol posted:

Aw, gently caress, I didn't realize he's sharing the headline again? This happened on the last tour, when I saw him in St. Pete, I left early because Gojira was the headline. I love Animals As Leaders (already saw them one with Meshuggah), but I really want that Devin headline.

Just found this link, it notes each date that DTP headlines. Which includes Atlanta. Booyah! Driving up from Tampa, took Monday and Tuesday off, booked hotel for Monday night, let's do this poo poo.

I think last time he was just straight up opening for Gojira.

Glad that Atlanta is gonna have him as the headliner, can't loving wait.

e: i had to cheat and look at the setlist and holy poo poo it looks so good

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Hey Center Stage buddies, I hope y'all went as nuts as I did when Bad Devil started.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

KildarX posted:

I was saving my load for Kingdom sorry.

lol if you didn't have enough loads for both and also Grace

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

KildarX posted:

Agreed. I can't remember where I saw the quote but I think Devin is going to take hiatus after this. At the ATL show he said straight up he's beat from playing for so long consistently.

Based on his twitter I fully expect a hiatus of some sort. Dude has worn himself out with all the albums and touring he's done the past few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

henpod posted:

Yep, that was it - I had never heard death of music before, it was weird to see Devin ditch the guitar and do straight up singing. His vocals were absolutely amazing for that, he was giving it his all and nailing it.

Death of Music is one of my favorite Devin songs. Super jealous of y'all that got to see it live.

• Locked thread