Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

nonanone posted:

I can take it after Awkward Davies since I'm in the same area (11221) I figure you can't have too much NYC anyways, and I don't mind paying the shipping costs to send out from here.

I would strongly appreciate being able to do a handoff rather than sending it. I'd love to participate (and I shoot regularly with my AE-1 as it is) but I am pretty dang poor right now having just graduated from grad school and doing the freelance dance in new york city (never pretty at the best of times).

It would be really really great if I could receive it and then do a hand off to nonanone (or another nyc goon dorkroomer - dorkasaurus?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Photos this (kind) of camera has taken in New York:

59900017.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

If you use this camera, you get a beautiful woman. True story!

ivana by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Wooh! Exciting. I'll keep an eye out for it (shipped it to my grad program to ensure it didn't get swiped off the street in from of my apt).

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I got it! I've actually been out of town for like a week, and it showed up like the day after I left. I don't think you ever posted/sent me the code to open the combo lock tho?

Edit: nvm I'm a dummy

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 22, 2012

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to propose a dropoff date of Tues Sept 4th. Who is this going to next? Someone in the city right?

I need a hard date so I actually shoot this loving roll and don't hog this thing any longer.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the delay everyone. I've been really really busy and haven't had time to finish this roll. I'm slowly working on it and I'm in touch with nonanone about the handoff. Hopefully it'll happen in the next week.

Sorry again for the delay.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Hand off successful. Very very very sorry for the long long wait. Working four different jobs for little to no money has a way of sapping one's ability to shoot. I'm headed out of town for a photojournalism workshop tomorrow, but will have the pictures developed when I get back (Oct 1).

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Man, I still haven't developed my pictures yet but nonanones are so good I'm not sure I want to.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
South Williamsburg under the JMZ in Brooklyn:

16080037.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

The view from my workspace in Brooklyn:

16080035.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

In New York, we play a fun game called: "Actual Crime Scene, Or Movie Shoot?"

16080034.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

This one was tough, but turned out to be a movie shoot:

16080032.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Yes those are Christmas trees in August:

16080028.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Graffiti near my apartment, Brad really seems to like his name, but I still like the "Mila Kunis is Bored" tag better:

16080027.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Self-portrait on my roof right before one of the many huge storms we had this summer:

16080017.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Others indulging in storm watching at the same time as I was:

16080016.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

NYPD scooters near WTC:

16080011.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

A man and his chips:

16080006.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Hoard of tourists by the WTC site. The number of people there/the entire site is pretty weird.

16080004.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

NYPD control tower at WTC:

16080003.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

feigning interest posted:

Next time, lets send a holga and an instax w/ 1 pack of instax film. The receiving party needs to include a new pack of instax and at least 1 developed shot. Keep all of the developed shots in the mailing case (which should be smaller than the current suitcase).

poo poo, might as well get a third camera in the mix, right?

• Locked thread