Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm in Pittsburgh and wouldn't mind taking part when it's around this area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ExecuDork posted:

How long does shipping take when it's one-state-over?

Not long in most cases, even standard shipping. Shipping in the US is a very well-oiled machine especially between major cities.

Most of my experience is via B&H or by Amazon 3rd parties and even though it may say 5-7 days shipping via super saver, I have them within 4 or 5 (tops, mostly sooner). If via USPS, they can be very helpful when you take your package in helping you find the best delivery time, price, etc. At least they are at my local post office.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm probably too far down the line, but if it ends up in my hands the weekend of December 15th, I'm shooting a wedding that weekend and could get a few extra shots on film for that. If that doesn't work out, it's not a huge deal.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Mr. Despair posted:

Seriously guys, someone call dibs because I'm starting at shift at the lab next week and while it would be cool to take the camera there, it might also make it hard for me to mail until the next weekend.

If no other dibs are called and the camera doesn't mind a trip near the northeast again... I can take it in Pittsburgh for a week to shoot bridges, cemeteries and the failed dream of a winning season of the Pirates. Then ship it off to whoever wants it next in the country.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SoundMonkey posted:

I half want to get some terrible $40 digital point & shoot that takes AA batteries and isn't worth stealing, and get a second camera going. lovely internal memory only, fill it up, post three best pix of wherever the hell you are.

There's currently an AE-1 w/50mm lens on ebay for $30. If I didn't just buy an EOS-3, I Would pick it up.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

HookShot posted:

Yeah I'm sure someone here will have an old P&S they don't mind sending around.

I had a 6MP Kodak from like 2007 that still works fine and I totally would have used for this, but I left it in Australia :(

SoundMonkey posted:

I more meant in terms of eliminating the delays involved in people never processing the film, never scanning the film, taking weeks to post an actual image, etc. We'd still get to see the world (other than NYC, you had your chance), just... a bit faster.

Would anybody be down for this if I picked up some terrible digital P&S somewhere for cheap?

Actually. I have a canon sd750 that's doing nothing and hasn't been touched in 3 years. Will save you the $ and I can throw in a small mem card

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

TheLastManStanding posted:

You might want to check the battery and probably get a new one. I've got a SD600 that I never use anymore because all my batteries are toast.

That sucks to hear. Battery is tiptop here for the camera. But I get soundmonkey's concern for the charger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dalax posted:

CAW 6 by M Walts, on Flickr

This was a clandestine stretched arm shot of some local bowls. The guy closest heard the shutter go and I legged it, feeling a bit like a pervert.

What are we missing about this shot? Besides that they're playing some game to which the plebs are not privy.

Otherwise, great shots

• Locked thread