Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Fantastic idea. I'll reiterate that I'm 100% in on this.

As there's some goons who live in far-away countries (like me - Japan), I'd like to suggest that we establish a shipping chain to keep things cheaper.

For example instead of shipping from US to Japan and then back to Canada, it might be better to go: Canada, US, US, Australia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Yurop, US, Canada... or something like that.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Lon Lon Rabbit posted:

If it makes it out to Japan I'd love a go.

After me that is. I asked first. :P

(We could arrange a handover if you're im the general Tokyo area.)

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Otherwise you can send it to the far east, here.
But like SM said It'd be nice if it could go around Europe some more, no?

:snype:

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

SoundMonkey posted:

Probably ExecuDork because it's not gonna get anywhere in much less than a month anyways, and he's pretty likely to actually keep it going.

I just chatted a bit with Dorkroom goon "alkanphel" and if the camera gets here say before mid-end April, I could hand it off to him when he visits in early May. Just a thought.
Otherwise let's go ahead with Execudork and Vienna!

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
That's cool but I don't have PM. So mail me or something.

manuel (dot) der (dot) kater (at) gmail (dot) com

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Amok posted:

The package is finally in the mail. I will kill the next person who asks me about alkaline batteries.

Samsung reminded me: apparently the European distributor of Samsung products , Intepas, has been selling pirated batteries (and probably other stuff too) as real (either knowingly, or duped by someone up the distribution chain): http://yle.fi/uutiset/yle_reveals_fake_batteries_sold_under_samsung_name_in_finland/6982658

It took some time before I could fetch the box from the post office, but I got a package with a certain blue Pelican case and lots of film.
Thanks Amok! Everything appears to be in working order, Camera around the world - the shootening will commence soon!

Edit: Also thanks for the Ortho Pan 2.1 and devving instructions. I'll see if I can get to it!

VomitOnLino fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 16, 2014

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

ExecuDork posted:

I was just poking around back in the early pages of this thread, and to give everyone a sense of the time that's passed, VomitOnLino posted the first reply under my OP and follow-ups. That was on January 31, 2012, and he's just now actually gotten his hands on it. Nearly 25 months - is that a new record?

Yeah I just realized that, too. Mind: Blown.
Handoff to alkanphel will be early May (2nd) unless he runs into space and or weight problems with his flight in which case I'll just ship it. But I'm confident the handoff will proceed just fine.

big scary monsters posted:

How many people have had the camera now? I want to know what the average time per person has been.

I have no idea. But there's your and other folks signature on it so we could count that, maybe? Although it seems like execudork (and maybe some others) didn't sign it. I will edit this post when I get back from work.

Oh, and of course I'll be sure to add my own Japanese oddball films to this camera, too!
Uxi or Sakuracolor anyone?! (The portra crew is probably having a collective aneurysm right now.)

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

ExecuDork posted:

1. drat

2. Goons are a creative and (sporadically) industrious folk. Somebody want to take a crack at the seals on the AE-1?

I have currently a roll of film in it, but as soon as I'm done with that I can look into it.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

ExecuDork posted:

It's been about 6 weeks. Bump.

Where are these cameras at?

I'm still holding onto the AE1 - shameful, I know. Basically I got stuck in a huge project and couldn't slip in some 35 action there. I will be going camping this week tho and it will come with me.

To make up for the delay I'll include some exotic J-film and some boxes Kodak Ultramax as I send it on.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
First of all, a big sorry! for being so darned late! But, between being stuck in a rut, two gallery exhibitions, private and professional upheaval I completely mismanaged the time. Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Alas; finally...

One is not like the other...

Panasonic Design Company Camera Display

Also I've made us famous, okay -- well; Tumblr famous. Basically when shooting the AE-1 around the world camera I ran into noted photographer John Sypal and he did a thing for his Tokyo Camera Style. And we're in it! Here's the relevant tumblr post: clicky clicky.

Last but not least, I'm going to grab the C41 off the Lab today, at long last I'll have some BW and Color photographs to show for the long rear end time I've had this camera. Let's hope neither camera nor lab did gently caress it up or I just might have to seppuku.

Anyway, this brings me to my next two points:
- I need D.I.C.P.I.X Tumblr access
- And because of the delay alkhanpel can't take the camera because he's off to his big trip. So -- Who's next?

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Okay, let's do that.
Form an orderly line and give me an address and/or a means of contact.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I just uploaded all my stuff to the D.I.C.P.I.X. collection. Well most of it anyway.
I also signed the case and everything, even got some fresh film. Spedman you got my mail?

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

ExecuDork posted:

Good stuff. I am well pleased. Especially by the lack of testicles in any of those pictures.

Dang! I knew I had forgotten something... oh well too late now.
Camera is back on it's way!

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Baron Dirigible posted:

I've put my first pics up, more to follow! Forgot how much I hate scanning colour negatives ... anyway, here's my favourite of this set, which I'll call Wilma Wilson Traffic Island.

That's hilarious, also a good picture. There's something like that on my old commute too. It was a playground, forever overshadowed by a four lane highway going over it, sandwiched between two roads and a rail track. In the morning it usually had people exercising in it, I really should try to locate and shoot it.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

deaders posted:

Well that was a huge waste of time and money, this camera has light leaks all over the loving place.

I'm the man being born by the car.

Seriouspost: Judging from the colors of the light leaks it's leaking both both ways now. Front and back of the film. Wow. Willing to chip in to CLA if needed.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

rohan posted:

I should have sent it off for a CLA while I had it, since there was enough time while I wasn't using it and deaders was busy getting married, but I honestly didn't think the light leaks were that bad -- at least judging from other photos in the thread and my own shots. (somebody mentioned light leaks earlier in the thread and someone else talked about repairing them, but I never saw any follow up as to whether that happened... ?)

Sorry you had to deal with all this poo poo, seriously, let me know if you want me to help out at all.

I was the one mentioning light leaks I think, and the guy before me might have been doing this as well.

To be fair, I wasn't really expecting anything from this camera and just shot it to shoot it and have some fun. I kind of see both angles, wanting to get good pictures from it, and just thinking "eh whatever let's have some fun with this project" I'm just in the latter camp, as if I wanna shoot seriously I just take my serious cameras. Which is probably why it was stuck with me for like forever...

I may also have mentioned doing something about it and then promptly forgot about what I had said.
I seem to be doing that a lot... to make up for it I'd pitch in $15 for an eventual CLA if it ever gets around to that.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I'm starting to feel better about my (also quite late) self already, everybody please go on!

Also I stocked the camera with film that was still being sold then and since has been discontinued.
Let that sink in for a while. That's for how long he's had it.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I feel a tingle... like a 63 year old man... "Oh... god.. it's ... it's moving ... again!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Same, still have my negatives & scans of this.
The only minor problem will be that I won't be able to exactly figure out which ones I posted to the tumblr.

• Locked thread