Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Pretty interesting story so far. With all the foreshadowing going on, I'll hazard a guess that someone's going to wind up dead in the morning.

After all, that letter said that the entire fortune would go to the person who solved the epitaph. That epitaph mentioned a lot of stuff about sacrifices and killing, and there's bound to be someone on the island who interprets that to mean stabbing their relatives is the way to win the gold.

And that's not even getting into who "Beatrice" is. Is this all a plot by Kinzo to get his heirs to murder each other because his absinthe-soaked delusions have convinced him it would bring back "Beatrice"? Or has one of the other people on the island set this up for nefarious reasons?

Let's see what happens in the next update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

edit: good catches, Jeek. Maybe a person disguised as Rosa...? If Kinzo were dead beforehand that does kind of gently caress up the epithet though

Just finished playing Episode 2, and I came to the same conclusion myself. If I recall correctly, before the murders started, they showed Rosa at the chapel with the other siblings. It's possible that the culprit/Beatrice killed her, hid the body, and had been impersonating her ever since. Which is why Beatrice had to put her name in quotes in order to satisfy the requirements of the red text, since the person who had the keys and the gun wasn't actually Rosa.

Of course, this doesn't explain the later murders, where "Rosa" was in the parlor while they were being committed. One of the servants serving as an accomplice?

• Locked thread