Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blankd
Mar 26, 2010
Watched the anime and am really glad you're taking the time to LP this. I really look forward to the discussions especially for when the ball gets rolling- I'm also almost sure the VN will start diverging a lot from how certain things were set up in the anime.

As for Maria and her... "quirks", well I have no idea how differently the anime covered it but it's certainly something.

blankd fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blankd
Mar 26, 2010
Oh boy I am looking forward to even MORE family politics, reading this is certainly "heavier" than how the anime handled the scene.

Shiny/OP have you watched the anime? If so will you be pointing out where some of the differences or otherwise parts where the anime fudged it? If not would you mind if others who have watched it point out the difference? (I'm not sure myself so I'm not sure how much I could contribute.)

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

heroiccreampuff posted:

Ah cool, thanks for the correct. I had been wondering if it wasn't a specific breed.

Also now you guys have me all excited for some crazy raving old man totally smashed on absinthe or some Asian equivalent thereof. Seriously if that's absinthe that he's drinking, then diluting it with water is supposed to be the standard way of preparing it. If he's been imbibing it straight his whole life he must be pretty badass and crazy.
I think the crazy is fairly established even this early on.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

You'd be better off making a list of people Kinzo doesn't hate.

Evidence so far suggests it's rather short.
-Beatrice
-Genji
-Absinthe Alcohol is totally a person

I think we're done.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010
I really am curious how the riddle will be solved, but that really is a long way off with the way the anime handled it, I still don't understand what the solution is or how it can be approached

I don't think it's a spoiler to say they just brushed off addressing HOW it could be solved at all, even when the anime ended I still had no better clues on how the riddle worked.

Rosa and Maria are interesting, on some ends I feel terrible for both of them, but they can both be awful too. (Just speaking from the anime of course.)

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

Walterion posted:

Once you see the solution, the anime is a good enough hint to find solve it.

Hell, I can tell you the anime slaps you several times in the face with this whole thing, too bad alot of it had to be left out. And I can tell you that after reading all 8 episodes and rewatching the series.
Welp, I'll wait until the solution shows up proper, maybe I'll feel exceptionally silly about not figuring it out- unless I'm misreading what you're saying?

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

tiistai posted:

That would mean that Kinzo, all the servants, Krauss, Natsuhi and Jessica (and perhaps Nanjo) are on the possible accomplice list. If they killed "someone" on the island, there's really no other choice for the corpse than some unknown-to-us servant who wasn't on duty on the 4th, because nobody else comes there.
Or Rosa could have just faked her death and Nanjo is the accomplice since he was the only one that really checked the shed bodies. :v: (Right??)

I'd bet on Nanjo being the accomplice because he's alive for fairly long in the 1st round.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

Autumncomet posted:

There's no reason Rosa couldn't be collaborating with another person. Jessica is pretty suspicious as she looks very similar to Beatrice, and the changing third- to first-person POV has me wondering what is really reliable and what isn't as far as we see.
We should try to track when magic is done around people!

(Also I remembered something from the 1st round, but I haven't gone to check yet, when Kanon got wounded, who did he say killed him? Did he say Beatrice?)

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

Jeek posted:

Kanon went unconscious after being wounded in update 20 and died that way. (The link on OP for update 20 is wrong, by the way; correct link is here.)
Huh, thanks and guess I misremembered something or maybe I was confusing something from the anime.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

Meirlkor posted:

I don't know, it seems a little excessive for Rosa to need a whole three personalities to make her work as Beatrice, even if one of them is carefully crafted rather than natural (I use the word natural loosely), and on top of that to require an accomplice to work well in Ep1. What reason would Nanjo have to help Rosa kill everyone anyway? He's retired, so he's unlikely to want the gold. If anything, Nanjo is one of the people on the island I'd trust the most, between his age and the fact that he's not an Ushiromiya.

Another thing: If Rosa really is Beatrice, why would she read Beatrice's letter herself at dinner? Wouldn't it make more sense to give it to Maria like Beatrice did in the first part? Reading it herself and saying "Beatrice gave it to me" is just going to make her look suspicious.
I don't think they're saying Rosa has three personalities, Maria simply justifies Rosa's bad tempers with a bad witch. The Beatrice "personality" is probably just a front Rosa puts on.

Regardless, whoever the killer was in the first round, Nanjo could have been coerced into being an accomplice with the simple promise of not being killed. It might seem unlikely but considering how many people get killed... Or maybe there is more info about Nanjo we have to learn about, maybe money isn't a factor.

QEdit: She hasn't read the letter yet, so maybe the other siblings will have those accusations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

Autumncomet posted:

:stare: So why didn't he take that out earlier and go for the hatchet instead??
Kanon realized the power of love. :pseudo:

• Locked thread