Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

There's one choice at the end of the 8th episode which determines which ending you get, beyond that it's all linear.

Not quite. How well you do answering the riddles early in episode 8 also affects one later scene.

That section should also provide some fun thread participation if we ever get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
Glad to see this is back!:neckbeard:
Be sure to play this while reading the update for maximum atmosphere.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
Not to nitpick OP but is there a maximum filesize limit on tindeck? The bgm's you uploaded there are extremely compressed and much smaller in size and quality than the tracks in the full game.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
The PS3 release of Umineko was in 720p. Do the art assets need to be shrunk down to 640x480 to work with the PC version?

I don't know the limitations of the NScripter engine.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

There really isn't much of a limit to how large an Nscripter window can be.

I've never encountered an NScripter game that natively runs higher than 640 x 480.

LeeDless fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Oct 17, 2012

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
Trying to be as non-spoilery as possible, I can say that's entirely deliberate on the part of the author. You'll want to keep an eye out for that kind of thing in the future.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
Good lord, we're almost three months into this LP and we're not even half-way through the first episode.

Silver did you appreciate the gargantuan task ahead of you when you started this LP? You could be at this for another two years.

Still, god speed.:rubshands:

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
I played through the whole of Umineko in various states of inebriation and I don't remember who was killed in this episode.
So I'm looking forward to the next update.:)

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
^ ^ ^ You should go ahead and read Higurashi while following this LP. If you're enjoying Umineko then you'll certainly enjoy that.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
I mean try it yourself as no LP exists. Manga Gamer has the complete first episode available for free download.

http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/DB2324F5-8829-455B-B75B-93C14A560794/higurashi-when-they-cry

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
Oh many people enjoy the original art, you're not alone.

:nws:http://fuuka.warosu.org/jp/thread/S6964543:nws:

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
If Shiny777 completes this LP I'm not sure if he could fit all of the links for the updates and soundtracks into his second post. Not even with 50,000 characters available.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010

Kaja Rainbow posted:

EP8 was definitely odd. I liked it, though. It did some interesting things, just not quite what many people were expecting. But let's not discuss it in any more detail than that. I think people should get to experience it for themselves and decide whether or not they like it.

Agreed. It wasn't like the finales to Lost or BSG where the writers had been making it up as they went along and clearly had no idea how to finish the story.
R07 had a storyline planned out for Umineko from the start and saw it through to the end. Some people just didn't like where it ended up.

I thought it was a great ending personally.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010

Rodyle posted:

The real question these games raise is "who's more awesome, Dai or ZTS?"

The soundtrack for this game kicks serious rear end and we haven't heard close to the best of it yet. Every episode introduces new music and I reckon 3-5 have the greatest.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010

Rodyle posted:

There's a particular major family of songs that I feel gets its best entry in Episode 8 actually. But yes, all of it, so good.
Are you referring to this track?

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
Shiny777 do you think you could include a link to officially buy this game in your OP?

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
We've had almost two full pages of discussion without an update so the thread does seem to be progressing well.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Given that shiny is essentially trying to eat a particularly large mountain, I'd say it's got time to build up steam.
That reminds me. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93962591&searchtext=higurashi

Could everybody with a Steam account please up-vote this? Maybe one day we could see a Steam release for Umineko.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
The original opening movies can now be replaced with the PS3 versions.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
The track "Maria's Song" in the last update won't play for me.
http://tindeck.com/listen/hlga

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
From the first page.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Yeah, the remade art is better, but the original art has a charm in a way. Especially the MADNESS FACES both this and Higurashi are famed for. That, and one particular character's expression, which can only be described as 'trollface' (seriously, it's uncanny).

Glad I can finally post this. :)

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010

Shiny777 On January 22nd posted:

First update of the next episode'll probably come toward the end of the week
Are you okay? :ohdear:

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
We've gone longer than three weeks without an update before.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
I hope this isn't dead. :(

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
It seems the Chiru PS3 conversion patch is finally complete.

http://uminekofix.wikia.com/wiki/Core_Arcs

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

The thread's not dead!

I sure hope not. It can't end like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010
You can buy the game from Manga Gamer now as well. Could you add that to the OP?

• Locked thread