Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I just got through this part and I was confused about the costume as well. Well this explains it.

Autumncomet posted:

I actually prefer this song, it sounds more like her.

That might be because it sounds like the voice actress herself sings it.

While Tsurupettan is a fan made song for Touhou.

Here's the original with lyrics if you haven't seen it:
http://youtu.be/xX050NcDNAU

EDIT: better quality link

Bholder fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Interestingly, no matter how this game tries to make me hate Rosa, I just can't mainly due to this scene.

Yeah, she is abusive and what she is doing is wrong, but at one point she realizes this herself and stops... then the whole thing starts over.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

Alright, the good parts have started again. It's been a while since I played Umineko, so I hope Episode 3 has a better opening when we get there.

It does, it pretty much starts right away.

Episode 4 on the other hand...

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So nobody thought that Rosa's body in the shed might actually just be a realistic dummy?
I'm disappointed in you guys...

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

redsoxism posted:

Can we please leave all this Rosatrice nonsense behind for now? There are just way too many reasons to do so but it would be difficult to state them here without spoiling anything. Suffice it to say, it would just be completely disrespectful to the entire series if we continue to indulge in this train of thought.
You are right, it was Beatrice and she did it with magic!

redsoxism posted:

Also, regarding the boiler room in EP1:

"Normally, they probably would've started discussing the origin of that violent stench filling the boiler room.

...But after they saw Kanon, who was lying on the ground as if he were drowning in an ocean of his own blood, the stench wasn't important any more."

Has it occurred to anyone else that the "stench" in the boiler room might be hiding or masking something else mentioned here?
Uh, it was the burning corpse of Kinzo which they later found...

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I've read ahead, and even I think the Rosatrice theory can be valid.

Also I've heard there are a number of alternate theories out already about the whole thing...

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Not seeing how somebody couldn't jump to this conclusion without reading ahead.

I mean, Rosa and Jessica are pretty suspicious already just because they are blonde.
Heck when I first saw Beatrice's new look, I immediately thought it was Jessica just because their clothes looked similar.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Dangit, was hoping the update would be longer, but I guess that would be way too long.

Still, I think it's one more update and things finally get going, altough we already have a mystery at hand.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Looking at the thread I thought I will see more people complaining about lack of updates, and what I find is a new update.
Maybe we should've complained earlier...

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

tiistai posted:

She doesn't live there all year round, though. Rokkenjima has plenty of chairs, most of whom aren't even present during this conference since it's not their work shift.

Uh, I'm pretty sure she lives with the family, only allowed to leave when it's about work or when she's on a date with George.

And I doubt there are guys other than Kanon around her age, otherwise Jessica would've called dibs first.

Bholder fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 25, 2013

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

FINALLY, IT'S OVER!

Day two begins! We survived! I can't believe it!

Ep 2 is probably my favorite amongst the first 4 episodes, if we ignore the slow beginning.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

EagerSleeper posted:

Man. I don't even know what to say about the next couple of updates, since Natsuhi's not going to be alive in them. I mean, who's going to point shotguns at family members now and later have a one-on-one duel with a witch (who may or not exist)? If anyone, it's going to be someone with not nearly enough the amount of headaches coolness Natsuhi had.

Just kidding, I'm really looking forward to the next update. :)

Good thing then, that amongst the survivors the highest ranking grown-up is collected, never loses her cool and is always reliable.
You can easily trust her even if you hand her a gun...

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Yep, this was the point where I said "gently caress it".

Interdimensional witches having tea beyond time and space? Sure why not. Witches murdering people with magic stakes that are actually Moé versions of the seven demons of hell? Ok. Gold butterflies murdering people? Sounds cool. Demon goatheaded buttlers as random goons? Brilliant!
But Kanon can summon an actual lightsaber and he has ninja powers? That's just too much! I'm with Battler from now on, this is bullshit and fake!

The funny thing I realised about the little-girl demons is that while they seem to be your common :japan: fanservice for kicks, but later on it will make perfect sense in context.

As for the goats, the biggest problem is that their new sprites are huge, and when there are multiple people on screen they are hidden behind them pretty much all the time. You can even see this in on of the screenshots. Otherwise they are definietly more threathening than that old version.

Speaking of old vs new sprites, I still like these new Beatrice troll faces!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

HMS Boromir posted:

You say that as if a justification for why they exist makes them stop being creepy fanservice.

More like in hindsight I thought it was genius. It is still fanservice, but genius fanservice.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Rodyle posted:

The goats are gentlemen butlers, not brutish oafs!

That's not how they acted here though...

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Well, people pointed out back then that we never heard the hatchet falling to the ground, nor did Battler found one at his corpse.

So the answer must be that the "hatchet" was his laser sword all along :eng101:

(that doesn't explain how he got beat up so fast though...)

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Yes, finally we see the two main staples of this game: Colors and Battler acting like Phoenix Wright

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Basically the first four episodes give you a bunch of mysteries, while the next four give answers.
Very vague answers.

So I said this is probably my favourite episodes amongst the first 4, just because Rosa has the gun in this one. You just know that gun will be used at some point. And most probably not on witches...

As for using the same logic in this case like at the church, I came to the same conclusion when I read it and it makes perfect sense, I don't know how Battler did not came up with this.
And Battler is holding himself back by thinking the only culprit was an unknown mysterious guest. I really wanted Kannon to be the culprit for some reason (I think it was his fight with Beatrice in EP1, where it seemed like he knew her) and when his body disappeared I thought it was obvious it was him. Then the red said he really did die in this room, drat.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

And so this episode confirms my very first theory:

Genji is a ninja.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Damnit, you forgot to include the best ahaha.wav in the video.

In the very end Beatrice ahahas so hard it breaks the screen.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

We could also question what Beatrice meant by "killed".

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Actually we are near the end of this episode.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Shiny777 posted:

I had forgotten that Worldenddominator showed up here. There's a scene a little bit down the line that's so strongly associated with it that I could have sworn it debuted there.

I can't wait for that scene personally :allears:

And after re-reading it, holy crap does this scene have a different meaning if you know the spoilers...

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

There you have it, mystery solved! It was Battler all along.

Shiny777 posted:

Next time: The golden banquet and Rosa's finest hour.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees :unsmigghh:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I don't know how much I spoil here, but the banquette scene did confuse me back in the day and there will be no real explanations about it.

Actually, my friend told me the best advice: "Trust everything Battler sees, except when he is drunk"

Oh yeah, the Rosa scene.

This scene kinda absolved Rosa for me. It shows that she can realize what she is doing is wrong and how she is the worst of parents and sometimes tries to be better... even if it takes a Goatpocalypse to realize.

Maybe she'll be shown in a more positive light from now on...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also just because of this scene she became playable in the fighting game, with all the moves we've seen, gunplay, Maria reloading, using goldbars and pens.
Too bad I cannot post videos due to spoilers.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Jeek posted:

Guess that makes sense, since his view would be distorted by being drunk after all.

Actually I think it's more like, he started to believe in Witches so he saw some.

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

The most important change seems to be the introduction of a nineteenth person, Beatrice, although I think Kyrie was the only person to see her. :tinfoil:
Maria and Rosa saw her too.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

See you on the next episode of Ushiromiya Battler: Ace Attorney

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

Another Episode, another opening. This one promises more immediate action than Episode 2 at least!

Oh yes, although there still be some background stories before the murders, but they are at least more interesting.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

quote:

Apparently Kinzo has been wearing the exact same suit and cape for...what, like 30 years now, probably? Either that or he's got a whole closet full of dozens of them.
If you would own a kickass cape like that, would you ever not wear it?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Actually Ep4 is pretty bad in this case too, but for a different reason.

It starts out pretty quickly, but then we get sidetracked for way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Nobody commented on the first apperance of Battler's new Phoenix Wright style "Objection" window?

• Locked thread