Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

oldskool posted:

Oranges accept as well & put Ol' Pete in the rotation for Pedro and assign him Pat Collins as his personal catcher.

Man. It'd sure be interesting to see how his starts go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Team Name: Sad Pandas
Teams Selected
1942 Cardinals
1954 Yankees
2004 Expos

Home City: South Park

Home Stadium: John Elway Field
(Use Coors Field, circa 1999)

ROSTER

Position Players (19)

C Yogi Berra ('54 Yanks)
CWalker Cooper ('42 Cardinals)
C Gus Triandos ('54 Yanks)
1B/OF Johnny Hopp ('42 Cardinals)
1BBill "Moose" Skowron (54' Yanks)
1B/DH Nick Johnson ('04 Expos)
2B Jose Vidro ('04 Expos)
2B/3B/SS Gil McDonald ('54 Yanks)
SS Orlando Cabrera ('04 Expos)
SS Marty Marion ('42 Cardinals)
3B Whitey Kurowski ('42 Cardinals)
3B Andy Carey ('54 Yanks)
IF Maicer Izturis ('04 Expos)
LF Gene Woodling ('54 Yanks)
LF Bob Cerv ('54 Yanks)
CF/1B Mickey Mantle ('54 Yanks)
RF Hank Bauer ('54 Yanks)
OF/1B Stan Musial ('42 Cardinals)
OF Enos Slaughter ('42 Cardinals)

Pitchers (11)

SP Whitey Ford ('54 Yanks)
SP Mort Cooper ('42 Cardinals)
SP Max Lanier ('42 Cardinals)
SP Howie Pollet ('42 Cardinals)
SP Livan Hernandez ('04 Expos)
SP Murry Dickscon ('42 Cardinals)
RP Chad Cordero ('04 Expos)
RP Luis Ayala ('04 Expos)
RP Scott Downs ('04 Expos)
RP Jon Rauch ('04 Expos)
RP Lou Warneke

LINEUPS

Vs RHP

1. 2B: Jose Vidro ('04 Expos)
2. CF: Mickey Mantle ('54 Yanks)
3. C: Yogi Berra ('54 Yanks)
4. RF: Stan Musial ('42 Cardinals)
5. LF: Enos Slaughter ('42 Cardinals)
6. 1B: Johnny Hopp ('42 Cardinals)
7. DH: Nick Johnson ('04 Expos)
8. 3B: Gil McDonald ('54 Yanks)
9. SS: Marty Marion ('42 Cardinals)

Vs LHP

1. 2B: Gil McDonald ('54 Yanks)
2. CF: Mickey Mantle ('54 Yanks)
3. RF: Stan Musial ('42 Cardinals)
4. LF: Enos Slaughter ('42 Cardinals)
5. 1B: Bill "Moose" Skowron (54' Yanks)
6. C: Walker Cooper ('42 Cardinals)
7. DH: Nick Johnson ('04 Expos)
8. 3B: Whitey Kurowski ('42 Cardinals)

W/O DH: Slide DH spot to the 9th spot.

Pitching Rotation:
SP1: Whitey Ford ('54 Yanks)
SP2: Mort Cooper ('42 Cardinals)
SP3: Max Lanier ('42 Cardinals)
SP4: Murry Dickson ('42 Cardinals)
SP5: Livan Hernandez ('04 Expos)

Bullpen:
CL: Chad Cordero ('04 Expos)
SU: Luis Ayala ('04 Expos)
MR: Scott Downs ('04 Expos)
MR: Jon Rauch ('04 Expos)
LR: Lou Warneke ('42 Cardinals)

Bench
SS Orlando Cabrera ('04 Expos)
LF Gene Woodling ('54 Yanks)
RF Hank Bauer ('54 Yanks)

Minors
C Gus Triandos ('54 Yanks)
IF Maicer Izturis ('04 Expos)
3B Andy Carey ('54 Yanks)
LF Bob Cerv ('54 Yanks)
SP Howie Pollet ('42 Cardinals)

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)
Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: -3
Trying for extra bases: +1
Stealing Bases: -4
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): -1
Giving Intentional Walks: -3
Pitching Around Good Hitters: +1
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: +1
Making Cutoff Throws: +1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: 0
Bringing in Pinch Runners: -2
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: -1
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: 0
Letting pitchers pitch through trouble: +3
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +3

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Grinnblade posted:

Expansion Cup VIII Poll!

Expansion Cup Owners: It has come to my attention that as the leagues are currently set up, the top record in each league will automatically advance to the Expansion Cup Championship Series (aka the World Series).

I could theoretically divide the leagues into two divisions each (McQueen League's divisions would be 6 and 4, and Taggart League's would be 4 and 4), which would enable us to have League Championship Series.

The question, then, is: Is that something you'd be interested in?

A) MORE PLAYOFFS FOR THE PLAYOFF GODS!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Is there/will there be a spreadsheet with the players for the expansion cup on it, specifically stat ratings? Was curious to see ratings of players.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

My pitching makes me sad. I saw it coming, I just didn't see how bad it would be.

I'm okay with my lineup though. Wish I had a better 1B and not so many average COFs.

Anyone want some decent OF help for either a #3/#4 starter or a couple decent relievers?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Send down Whitey Kurowski. One Whitey is plenty.

Bring up Bob Cerv.

Have Bob Cerv be the DH against LHP.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Move Jon Rauch to CL
Move Chad Cordero to Setup
Move Luis Ayala to Short Relief
Send Glenn White (Who?!) to the gates of Hell Minors
Bring up Lou Warneke (if he's uninjured?) (bring up Cory Stieb if he is)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Revenant Threshold posted:

Would you be interested in Tim Lincecum?

Why the hell would he be in long relief for you? Is he cursed?

Also not sure if I had anything you'd be interested in that I'd be willing to part with. Either I'd be an complete idiot to give them up (Mantle, Musial, Berra, Slaughter) or they'd be a marginal upgrade for you at best.

Throw something out if you can see something.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CVE posted:

Wow you weren't kidding when you said my teams talent was underperforming. At least I know where to improve. Anyways Put Shawkley in the minors for the duration of his injury and move Urban Shocker to 5th starter. The rest moves up one position.

In addition lets put Bobby Wallace as Shortstop for a month to see whether Mogul likes him better than young Tinker.

Lastly let's try Jorge Orta at 2B instead of Evers.

What would be a good strategy setting for a pitching focused team like mine?

Trading me Carl Lundgren for Gene Woodling to replace George Stone might help!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

dubsteppin: Interested in a trade? I could use a shiny reliever, and it looks like you could use an upgrade at C.

To kick things off...Cooper Walker (or is it Walker Cooper?) plus a member of my bullpen TBNL for K-Rod and Assenmacher.

Also: I wish I had chosen better initially. '42 Clyde Shoun woulda been better than a couple of my guys I bet.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

ScottyJSno posted:

I got a perfectly good Scott Spiezio '02 if you have any decent pitching to offer.

That is not a thing. And I have no decent pitching, it's why I'm trading for pitching.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Revenant Threshold posted:

He was perfectly acceptable in the EC for me, and since then he's gone downhill. Luckily i'm at the point now where I don't have to rely on him, so I don't. But he's still, at his worst, better than some of your guys. And while BM ratings aren't anywhere near gospel, he's hovered around 95+ in every reset so far - there's a fairly good chance you'll get something better. Plus you're in the EC at the moment, which means you'll get one reset to start you off with.

You're right, though, aside from your very good players you don't really have anything else that would be helpful for me. Would you be prepared to exchange one of Mantle et al. for Lincecum plus one of my very good players? I don't really have any massive names (I think i've got something like three HoFs), but they're tried and Super-League tested.

Mantle for Beltran and Lincecum?
or Mantle for Damon, Lincecum, and Bumgarner?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

mks5000 posted:

Ill trade you 1972 Reggie Jackson and 1966 Steve Carlton for Mantle.
Why is Reggie busy making Adam Dunn look like Tony Gwynn?

Cthulhu Dreams
Pedro, Beltran, and an 80+ reliever of your choice for Mantle?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Archie Goodwin posted:

I feel compelled to tell you, Pander, that the last time I can remember a trade going down for someone like Mantle, the price (for DiMaggio) was Curt Schilling, Ernie Lombardi, Chet Lemon, Jimmy Rollins, all in their primes, AND a first-round draft pick. You are getting lowballed quite a bit.
I guess I don't have a feel for it. Is a 2011 Beltran that far a dropoff in production from a 1954 Mantle? Especially compared to the upgrade I'd be getting by inserting 2004 Pedro for 2004 Livan Hernandez?

Maybe I'm either misinterpreting the ratings Mogul uses, or over-emphasizing them (94/97 mantle vs 94 Beltran seems like Not a Big Difference to me).

I guess I'll keep shopping, I have time since it's just the Exp Cup.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Deal

You can have the Korean dude

I'll think on it. Need more education on NUMBERZ before I toss away a potential golden god who might've had a low potential roll this go-around.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

You are over-emphasizing them by a fair amount. Younger, better Beltran is hitting at a .266/.333/9HR clip for me, which is not bad by any means, but it's nothing at all like what young Mantle can do, and has done. The ratings don't tell the whole story by any means, though there are circumstances when they are useful (tell you a guy is just too young to be useful on this roll, like my Dick Allen).

As for your pitching, there'll be an amazing pool of pitchers in the dispersal draft. Get one there, or make a deal for someone who isn't an inner circle Hall guy.
I'll trust my gut and BBRef more than the ratings I guess. I just hate seeing sub-80s ratings for half my pitchers. It's my inner stats geek screaming in rage.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

mks5000 posted:

A combination of bad luck and a bad cold streak during June/July. I assure you, the man can mash. Just look at his Career numbers.

Ratings, for the most part, mean absolutely squat in the SuperLeague, Look at Mornacales Cheif Bender. He is rated at an 82, but is currently pitching like crazy, has a 2.77 ERA and 6 K/9. You can pretty safely ignore ratings, as they are pretty random.
That helps. I'll trust gut more then. I didn't think Jose Vidro would be knocking on the door of ANY version of Joe Morgan.

I'm not gonna lie to you, your bullpen is in deep poo poo. Problem is, it's a massive inefficiency to use a dispersal pick on a reliever when there's still elite guys in the pool. You have a couple options - I haven't looked into your feeders, but chances are good you have some pieces other expansion teams might want - find one with an excess of relievers and get some modern arms. Alternately, trade me (or BWFC or IceMole) some spare parts for our remaining super-draft pick (only we three have one left), where you could get a modern reliever like Ryan Madson or Matt Mantei.
I agree (and would find getting Chad Bradford really cool since submariners are the best thing ever). I worry that any player I have that's good enough to trade would be a player I'd really not benefit from losing right now.

I'll take my lumps another month or two and see how things go.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Grinnblade posted:

Pander

While I did get your roster moves in, any potential trade you have made will have to wait until the next month as it seems to me like you're still discussing it.

Injury report coming soon.

That's good. I think I was too panicky about my lovely, lovely pitching. I'll let the dumpster fire burn a while.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Grinnblade posted:

In addition, Whitey K. was your starting 3B vs LHP w/ DH. What do you want to do about that roster-wise?
Oh, right, have to put someone there. I'll just adjust things completely...

LINEUPS

Vs RHP

2. SS: Marty Marion ('42 Cardinals)
3. CF: Mickey Mantle ('54 Yanks)
6. C: Yogi Berra ('54 Yanks)
7. 1B: Nick Johnson ('04 Expos)
9. DH: Gene Woodling ('54 Yanks)

Vs LHP

1. SS: Marty Marion ('42 Cardinals)
2. 3B: Gil McDonald ('54 Yanks)
3. RF: Stan Musial ('42 Cardinals)
4. CF: Mickey Mantle ('54 Yanks)
6. C: Walker Cooper ('42 Cardinals)
7. DH: Bob Cerv ('54 Yanks)
8. 1B: Nick Johnson ('04 Expos)
9. 2B: Jose Vidro ('04 Expos)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Two months without injuries for the Sad Pandas? I must have drafted Herm Schneider as my trainer...

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Anyone want the last draft pick? There's some quite good relievers left, or you could take a roll on Pee Wee Reese, take a utility man in Polanco, or I guess gamble on the fact that there's fewer lefties in the Super League and draft Ryan Howard.

I believe mentholmoose's bid of 2011 Adrian Gonzalez is currently leading.

Take a look at my roster and outside of the obvious HoF dudes see if anything strikes your fancy.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Can I send guys out of feeder teams like that? Huh.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Well, I'd roll the dice on the corpses of Allie Reynolds and Eddie Lopat, or rookie Bob Grim. Pick two to send me, and the pick is yours.

How about Bob Grim Reaper and Johnny Sain in the Brain?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Really, I am looking for another two failures to fail at my fifth rotation spot (aka the Fail Hole). Johnny Sain doesn't fly as a starter, even in a younger version.

Hrm, true. And since I'll probably look for more SP help in the next draft, there's no way this could bite me in the rear end.

Done (Lopat and Grim for draft pick).

With the draft pick I'll take '02 Chad Bradford, because he fits my need for (1) former White Sox and (2) submariners. Oh and (3) competent relievers.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Pander posted:

With the draft pick I'll take '02 Chad Bradford, because he fits my need for (1) former White Sox and (2) submariners. Oh and (3) competent relievers.

Oh, forgot to ask, when/how can I access Bradford since he's not on my 30-man? Can I just discharge a player back to the feeders (if so: send down Andy Carey to make room for Bradford)

I'd like my bullpen to be...

CL Jon Rauch 04 Expos
SU Chad Cordero 04 Expos
SR Luis Ayala 04 Expos
SR Chad Bradford 02 As
MR Scott Downs 04 Expos
LR Lou Warneke 42 Cards

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

In those Division Standings, is that "Overall On-Base Average" and """ Slugging "" or is it OPPONENTS?

I'm really hoping it's the former and not the latter. Kinda doubt that though :ohdear:

Outside of Musial and Slaughter needing more HRs, I'm pretty happy with my hitters right now. They're the only reason I'm treading water right now...even after-thoughts like Vidro and Johnson are hefting some decent OBAs.

Not sure what to do with Woodling getting destroyed. Both him and Hopp have been dismal in limited sample sizes. And Jesus, what happened to Walker Cooper? Dude is turning into a monster out of nowhere. I should probably have the best catching platoon in the league...

Luis Ayala to Middle Relief
Cory Stieb to the Minors
Lon Warneke to Short Relief

(*If I can somehow get Chad Bradford on my active roster, put him in Setup, Move Cordero to Middle Relief, Warneke to Short Relief, Ayala to the minors, and cut Steib back to the feeders. I don't think I can do that, though I can't remember where I read about it in the thread.)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

You should use either. Ever. Under any circumstance.

But, deep down, you already knew that.

And just like that my potential buyer's remorse vanishes.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Lon Warneke to CL
Jon Rauch to SR
Orlando Cabrera to 2B
(until Vidro's injury ends)
Cooper Walker as the DH vs RHP

Is there any way to give rest to guys who are sore without adjusting lineups like crazy? Or can I have certain things like a "sunday lineup" or "Starter #5 lineup"?

At some point I'd like to rest Marion w/Cabrera and rest Slaughter with Cerv, but I don't want to spend an entire month like that.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Unexpected reason this Super-League thread owns: I drafted the 42 Cards, which included young Stan Musial. I was looking up all kinds of stats to do research (I knew far less about pre-1990 baseball than I expected), and learned a lot about Stan the Man. After his recent death, I've been reading so much more, and it's been absolutely fascinating and rewarding to see how incredible he was in the game and in life.

Before this league I'd barely known about him beyond "hall of famer for the Cards from way back when".

So yeah. Just appreciating the motivation this thread gives me to find good stories about baseball.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Change to strategy. Updated values are bolded.

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)
Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: -3
Trying for extra bases: +1
Stealing Bases: -1
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): -1
Giving Intentional Walks: -2
Pitching Around Good Hitters: +1
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: +1
Making Cutoff Throws: +1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: +1
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: -1
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: 0
Letting pitchers pitch through trouble: 0
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: 0

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

NEW LINEUPS

Vs RHP

2. 1B: Nick Johnson ('04 Expos)
3. CF: Mickey Mantle ('54 Yanks)
6. C: Yogi Berra ('54 Yanks)
7. DH: Walker Cooper ('54 Yanks)

Vs LHP

2. 3B: Gil McDonald ('54 Yanks)
3. 1B: Stan Musial ('42 Cardinals)
4. CF: Mickey Mantle ('54 Yanks)
5. C: Walker Cooper ('42 Cardinals)
6. DH: Yogi Berra
7. LF: Gene Woodling ('54 Cardinals)
8. RF: Bob Cerv ('54 Yanks)
9. SS: Orlando Cabrera ('42 Cardinals)

Pitching: Oh god. Oh god. Oh god :(

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Can I call up a SP from my feeder team to replace Lanier during the Exp Cup?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Mornacale posted:

You could, however, make trades from your feeders for an SP. Such as, perhaps, one of mine.
I'd be happy to sing you a song or sell you next Tuesday for a good starter. Trouble is, I've picked the 42 Cards and 54 Yanks pretty well clean. The 2004 Expos are...ugly. Older Slaughter? Irv Noren? Terry Moore? *shrug*

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Mornacale posted:

Yowch, you are pretty picked-over, plus Marauder already got the best guys that were left. How about Old Slaughter plus '42 Ernie White and Bill Lohrman for '67 Ken Holtzman? Holtzman's injured for me but he won't have taken that ratings hit for you. Of course, he's still not someone you want to take into SL as a starter, but none of those guys coming my way are ever likely to make it out of AAA either.

I'd also be open to discussing Whitey Ford for two starters, if you're interested.

I'd rather pass on the first, gonna kick Slaughter's tires and see if I can't make him into a DH maybe. Couldn't be worse than Woodling.

Trading Ford for 2 starters interests me on the surface, but in particulars it seems meh, like it'd be unfair in one direction (I want Old Hoss and Lolich!) or the other (Ford for Holtzmann and Pappas).

JD Drew getting injured is the JD Drewingest thing.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

You better believe I'm taking pitching in the drafts. My hitting isn't a problem area.

Whitey though? He's not too young in absolute terms, but it's only his 3rd season, and he was still a bit wild (4+ BB/9). He had a smaller K/9IP at larger ballparks, suggesting he'd sometimes pitch to contact with the general idea of avoiding home runs (which he did fairly well). K/9 wasn't Bob Gibson, but for his era is was solid, and his H/9 was consistently good. He's not exactly Mark Buehrle in terms of performance beating out his peripherals.

I'm leaning towards him having a bad year, I'm thinking he should get his ERA well below 4 in SL.

I didn't know enough about Lolich (or maybe had Hawk talking him up at some point during White Sox games and I've been slightly brainwashed into thinking he's amazing). Looking back at him, not very enamored with his stuff. He had a relatively short peak (mostly two legitimately good years) and a sense that there's a lot of okay filler. Whitey, on the other hand, pretty much had an entire career at near-peak with two seasons that destroy any of Lolich, and his leaderboard appearances on bbref suggest he was far better compared to his peers than Lolich.

So I learned something!

That I probably won't deal until I can hammer down what weaknesses remain after the dispersal draft.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I'd prefer to get to a new page if at all possible, so if you expansion owners want to ask me questions about your teams, now would be a good time to do it.

How many rounds are in the dispersal draft? Is it only the players on the rosters of the disbanded teams, or also feeders?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Only 3, eh?

Hrm. Bullpen's probably not going to wait.

How closely does BBM follow declines? '54 version of Slaughter was barely treading water...would it start him out okay and the have him fall rapidly during the season, or would he start low and keep going? Also looking at my Reynolds and Konstanty for the same reason...

Also, Gyroball's BBM LP taught me that Mark Teahen is a bonafide inner circle HoF pick. Can I have his fictitious version of Teahen? (I will also take his version of Ray King or Objectivist Jeter).

Any recommendations as to where to get BBM? Are there any particular reasons to get one version over the other, or is it primarily just updated rosters?

Has Johnny Hopp really been utilized enough in the past to deserve an adorable avatar? My team's awful and I can barely justify fielding him.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Mornacale posted:

Good points
I really can't figure out what it is that made Ford as dominant as he was. He was for over a dozen years a fantastic and amazingly consistent starting pitcher, in the best sense of the oft-misutilized word "consistent". But yeah, I looked for half an hour and couldn't figure out WHY. His HR/9 was very good, and only partially aided by Yankee Stadium. His K/9 was good for his era, but his BB/9 wasn't too great (got better as he got older, but Lolich's K/BB rate easily beats Ford's).

As he aged, he gave up more hits, fewer walks, and got more strikeouts. In general, he did better than the league at every single facet of pitching for a dozen straight years. I agree and worry that it doesn't sound like the kind of case that a SABR-minded system will model appropriately. But hey, I gotta use ONE pitcher from the '54 Yanks, right? So I'll cross my fingers and hope the 25 y/o version hits paydirt.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

Again, Pander, if you're interested in moving Ford, take a look at the Failures roster and see who interests you.

Here's a link for most of the guys years: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&pagenumber=83&perpage=40#post410464590

Some of those guys have been traded since then, though.
Thoughts regarding Lester, Vaughn, Candelaria, and Petrocelli for Ford? (this is for everyone)

I'm definitely losing the 'best' guy in terms of pedigree, but I need a massive make-over of my sub-replacement guys to stand a chance, and I think even average starters will improve me, and a utility guy/3B will provide needed depth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Mornacale posted:

I'm interested in '97 Scott Radinsky, plus I guess '76 Grant Jackson/'04 Putz/'12 Belisle. Make me an offer for some of those guys. Or multiple offers. Or whatever.

-----

By the way, Pander, if it's really Old Slaughter holding up the deal, what if we replace him with Clyde Shoun and Howie Krist? I don't want to commit to anything, because honestly these guys are all probably unplayable and I want to see what Sam Beckett will offer, but I'm just tossing it out there to discuss.
No, it's not old Enos that's holding it up, it's me spending the bulk of last night rock climbing and playing with my kitten rather than checking out who you offered and what you wanted. I'll figure something out during a break.

ChtluluDreams: I really don't know what trade we could work out. My greatest needs are pitching-related, and your pitchers are either as good or better than Ford, or far, far, worse. I wouldn't mind a good bench player, but your bench (while having some nice names) is bleh and doesn't meet my greatest positional need (3B). Unless you want a change of scenery trade (Mathewson, Carlton, or Big Train for Ford) or are willing to give up way too much of what you need (Schilling + Collins + Soria + Sasaki for Ford) I don't see us having a good mix.