Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Ok, it's about that time in the season to go dipping into the grab-bag of Reasonably Mediocre Pitchers.

Could you swap out Roberts for Tannehill, and Wood can take over at LR while Perry steps in in his place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Ok, so I have two players with batting averages above .400. This is by absolutely no means sustainable, but so long as when they come down those guys hitting in the .200's will go up I am fine with that.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I can't exactly be annoyed about getting swept by my tag-team partner. Hopefully the Paper Knights will carry over some of these respective results.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

The Knights draft Eddie Plank '02 to join the League of Hopefully Good Pitchers. Also he can go straight in instead of Koufax. Hey, also I got beat by someone to add the link. Thanks, whoever that was.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Well hey, I am very unconfident in this, but it seems like the best way to go purely by how things are going right now is my infield and starting pitching, and Pungry's OF/C and bullpen. It's hard for me to judge Pungry's pitching since there's not much in the way of Super-League records, so if this is an rear end-backwards approach by all means say.

Edit: And we have approval, so this is a final roster!

Lineup;

SS Honus Wagner
3B Wade Boggs
RF Stan Musial
1B Mel Ott
<DH Tris Speaker>
LF Paul O'Neill vs. RHP, Carlos Lee vs. LHP
2B Riggs Stephenson
C Mike Piazza
CF Al Simmons

Bench:
IF Pete Rose
IF Ryne Sandberg

C Mike Stanley
OF Platoon Partner (can you do platoons in tag teams?)
OF Bernie Williams

SP1 Joe Wood
SP2 Gaylord Perry
SP3 Deacon Phillippe
SP4 Eddie Plank
SP5 Dutch Leonard

Bullpen:
CL Trever Hoffman
SU Shingo Takatsu
SR Steve Reed
SR Alan Embree
MR Jim McCormick
LR Old Hoss Radbourn

With Pungry's stadium choice of Safeco and totally neutral sliders.
code:
oneilpa01,1994,,,,Paul,O'Neill
leeca01,2004,,,,Carlos,Lee
willibe02,1994,,,,Bernie,Williams
stanlmi02,1994,,,,Mike,Stanley
radboch01,1885,,,,OldHoss,Radbourn
mccorji01,1885,,,,Jim,McCormick
hoffmtr01,2002,,,,Trevor,Hoffman
takatsh01,2004,,,,Shingo,Takatsu
reedst01,2002,,,,Steve,Reed
embreal01,2002,,,,Alan,Embree
musiast01,1953,,,,Stan,Musial
piazzmi01,1998,,,,Mike,Piazza
simmoal01,1938,,,,Al,Simmons
speaktr01,1922,,,,Tris,Speaker
wagneho01,1902,,,,Honus,Wagner
stephri01,1922,,,,Riggs,Stephenson
ottme01,1934,,,,Mel,Ott
boggswa01,1984,,,,Wade,Boggs
sandbry01,1984,,,,Ryne,Sandberg
phillde01,1902,,,,Deacon,Phillippe
perryga01,1962,,,,Gaylord,Perry
woodjo02,1922,,,,Smoky Joe,Wood
leonadu01,1918,,,,Dutch,Leonard
planket01,1902,,,,Eddie,Plank

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 4, 2017

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Smasher Dynamo posted:

The very first name in your csv file is clearly wrong and going to lead to Mogul loving up. So, make sure it's right.
Fixed it, I think! I was curiously looking from the surnamefirstname part to Baseball Reference checking and rechecking, and then I realised it was just the name part later that was wrong.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Monathin posted:

Actually the part Smasher is probably talking about is the fact that Mogul does not use apostraphes as part of lahman IDs. Helpful tip!
Ah, thank you! I had no idea. That should be fixed for the future now.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The Knights select Pete Rose '70.

Also interested in accruing further Pete Roses. I want a bouquet.

Clangbang is up, also the skipped guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The Knights take Pete Alexander '13. He can go straight into my rotation for completely Smoked Joe Wood.

CVE is up.

And here's a draft sheet link.