Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.
Hello, new thread! I hope this Expansion is full of lots of new blood and crazy ideas. We're doing well so far!

I'm rejoining and hoping for a less snakebit team this time - new owners, or people considering joining, my first team was totally awful for no apparent reason for a full season, narrowly escaped out of the elimination Gauntlet, and proceeded to be awful for another season. And here I come, back for more! Point being, you should try it!

1954 Giants (4)
1978 Angels (3)
1995 Reds (2)
1989 Phillies (1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Team Name: Lombard Street Gumshoes

Team Logo:

Teams Selected:
1954 New York Giants (4)
1978 California Angels (3)
1995 Cincinnati Reds (2)
1989 Philadelphia Phillies (1)

Home City: San Francisco, California

Home Stadium: Bourbon Field (Open, natural grass, Fair visibility, 347/380/415/395/360)

DH Preference: No, thanks.

Position Players:

C 1978 Brian Downing
C 1989 Darren Daulton
1B 1989 John Kruk
1B 1954 Monte Irvin
2B 1978 Bobby Grich
SS 1995 Barry Larkin
3B 1989 Zombie Mike Schmidt
3B 1954 Hank Thompson
IF 1954 Al Dark
LF 1995 Ron Gant
CF 1954 Willie Mays
CF 1989 Lenny Dykstra
RF 1995 Reggie Sanders
UT 1978 Don Baylor

AAA UT 1989 Von Hayes
AAA 2B 1995 Bret Boone

Pitching Rotation:

SP 1978 Nolan Ryan
SP 1978 Frank Tanana
SP 1954 Sal Maglie
SP 1954 Johnny Antonelli
SP 1995 Jose Rijo

CL 1954 Hoyt Wilhelm
SU 1995 Michael Jackson
SR 1989 Steve Bedrosian
SR 1995 Jeff Brantley
MR 1989 Terry Mulholland
LR 1995 John Smiley

AAA 1995 David Wells

Lineups:

SS Barry Larkin
2B Bobby Grich
CF Willie Mays
1B John Kruk/Monte Irvin
RF Reggie Sanders
C Brian Downing (Daulton catches for Antonelli)
LF Ron Gant
3B Mike Schmidt

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)

Hit and Run: -4
Sacrifice Bunt: -4
Squeeze Play: -4
Trying for extra bases: +1
Stealing Bases: -1
Aggressively Tagging Up: -1
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): -2
Giving Intentional Walks: -4
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -3
Bringing the Infield In: +1
Guarding the Lines: +2
Making Cutoff Throws: +1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: -1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: -2
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +1
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: +2
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: 0
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +1

I am offering for trade a number of good bullpen arms not shown on my roster, such as; from the World Champion Giants, Marv Grissom (1954 OPS+ 174/career 116) and Al Worthington (119/110); as well as '78 Dave LaRoche, as seen on the Skyhawks (129/106); and '89 Roger "Roddy" McDowell (177/115).

For obvious reasons, I would welcome Don Slaught from South Bolton on my team.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Ordius posted:

Trade Bait
I need pitching of all types. I have a boatload of hitting. I've got Adam Dunn from 2007 before he hit his career low, I've got Edgar Martinez with an OPS+ of 141 and a career OPS+ of 147, I've got John Olerud (unless I win the auction bid, in which case Martinez and Olerud are gone) with a career OPS+ of 129. I've got rookie Joey Votto, I've got the Saint of Bellhorn. I've got Jim Rice, Hall of Famer LF with an OPS+ of 137 and Dwight Evans, All-Star RF with an OPS+ of 131 and a multiple Gold Glove winner. Mike Greenwell, with a career BA over 300 and a career OPS+ of 121. Seriously. LOTS of hitting. Just tell me what you're interested in.

Archie Goodwin posted:

I am offering for trade a number of good bullpen arms not shown on my roster, such as; from the World Champion Giants, Marv Grissom (1954 OPS+ 174/career 116) and Al Worthington (119/110); as well as '78 Dave LaRoche, as seen on the Skyhawks (129/106); and '89 Roger "Roddy" McDowell (177/115).

Seems like a fortuitous overlap. I'm interested in most of those guys, honestly, so let's do a few swaps?

e: I think I'd prioritize Evans/Rice/Votto, because Big Donkey Dunn isn't quite a fit for my team, sadly, and I'm not using a DH. 2003 Gar Martinez in the field might be optimistic.

Archie Goodwin fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 7, 2012

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I am keen - I have my trade bait listed on my roster on the first page. On my phone so will update later

I'd roll the dice on Lon Warneke for any of those listed but LaRoche.

Ordius posted:

I'm interested in LaRoche. The availability of Evans and Votto are currently tied up in an auction bid, but I still have Rice available.

Fine with LaRoche for Evans.

ForeverBWFC posted:

The Legacy
Darren Daulton (C)

Help the SL come full circle, help the Legacy to be rebuilt.

Daulton for Slaught?

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

ForeverBWFC posted:

Also note in the future, that his full title is "Detective Don Slaught, P.I.".

We don't stand on ceremony here on the Mean Streets of Frisco. A Gumshoe is a gumshoe, a man who walks down those streets who is not himself mean, etc etc

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Ordius posted:

The Splinter Cells jettison the services of Mr. Dwight Evans and approve the contract buyout of Mr. LaRoche.

Agreed!

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

tatankatonk posted:

Expansion Cup Injury Report - May 1st

Lombard Street Gumshoes
Sal Maglie, SP - Asked too many questions - 11 days
Darrell Porter, C - Saw something he shouldn't have - 173 days
Willie Mays, CF - Forget it Archie, it's the Super-League - 10 days

Mean streets, indeed.

However, I, uh, don't have Darrell Porter on my team? '78 Downing and '87? '91? Don Slaught (from the Ws) should be my only catchers.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
You like Faulkner but find noir boring, tatankatonk? My goodness.

Keep Mays starting, but call up Dykstra and send down Bret Boone. Hopefully Lenny will sub in for Willie until he heals. Keep Irvin in left and Grich should be starting at 2B.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Trade Offer

Gumshoes!

You have 1978 Noylan Ryan. I would like to swap.

Why do I want to do this?

I'm cruising into a difficult future where I blow the deadball pitcher limit and Smasher says mean things about me. This is not a concern for you as you have no deadballers.

This is probably a pretty square deal - both my guys are in the top 10 pitchers of all time (Christy is a bit young though), and Nolan is in the top 10 pitchers of the last 60 years. However, you've got me over a bit of a barrel, so to grease the wheels I can kick in a little something extra:

Offer 1: Your pick of one of 1924 Walter Johnson or 1902 Christy Mathewson now and I send your pick of Bill Henry (Relief Pitcher), Robinson Tejeda (Relief pitcher) or any of the relievers in my offer below from my minors after the EC.

Offer 2: If you want bullpen assistance now I can sell your pick of 1924 Walter Johnson or 1902 Christy Mathewson and your pick of one of Hasegawa, Shigetoshi 29 (1998 Anaheim Angels, from the Juggernauts, doing great in the Expansion cup with a 1.17 ERA), Phil Coke (1980 Tigers I think, would make a great LOOGYm currently my EC setup guy) or Kim, Byung-Hung 24 (2003 Arizona Diamond-Backs) right now, if you send back 1980 Noylan Ryan and short, short or middle reliever (respectively) of your choice back. Can be anyone, I don't care how bad, I just need a full bullpen for the cup.

While conventional wisdom dictates that I snap up this offer instantly, Mogul seems to give Ol' Nolan a lot more credit than the sabermetric community.

Also, Phil Coke is a current player, and has been extremely hittable for the Tigers this year. No idea why the sim likes him so much.

I am not in the inner circle of the thread, so to speak, but I suspect the "deadball limit" was meant to restrict abuse of the average pitcher of the time, not the Mattys, Deacon Phillippes, and Three-Finger Browns of the world. Big Train wasn't a typical deadballer by any means, obviously.

No, thanks, in short.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Ah, Italo Calvino. I read Invisible Cities for undergrad work. I still have no idea why.

DL Maglie, and use Wells in the rotation and Mulholland as long man. Platoon Thompson and Dark at 3B in lieu of Old Man Schmidtty. Bench Ron Gant and try a Dykstra/Baylor platoon in left.

Thanks.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

If you have any questions about roster construction or how to fix your team, ask them now.

I know about old Schmidt (though I expect I'll keep him on as a pinch-hitter) and Ron Gant. Can either Reggie Sanders in his career year or old Dwight Evans (who I have, but didn't make it into the Expansion) hold up in right? I have a lot of platooning pieces in Kruk/Dykstra and Irvin/Baylor - can their powers combined make something useful, or should I look for value at 1B/LF in the draft? Does Sal the Barber's age sink him for Mogul? I'm prepared to go in with Ryan/Tanana/Rijo/Antonelli, and draft another starter. Did Mike Jackson just roll badly, or is he doomed to suck?

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Congratulations to Armitage!

Long and Confused List of Draft Preferences

3B Mike Schmidt
SP Whitey Ford or better
LF Rickey Henderson
1B Jimmie Foxx
SP Jim Kaat
1B Eddie Murray
LF Joe Medwick
CF Kirby Puckett
RF Al Kaline
"3B" George Brett
3B Brooks Robinson
SP Mickey Lolich
SP Cakes Palmer
SP Lefty Gomez
SP David Cone
3B Al Rosen
LF Matt Holliday
SP Max Scherzer
SP ('19) Cicotte
SP Vida Blue
SP Lefty Grove
SP Frank Viola
SP Billy Pierce
SP Derek Lowe
IF Red Schoendienst
IF Joe Cronin
IF Tony Lazzeri
BPA

Sorry, Smasher.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Aaaaand it begins.

I need pitching and am not going to take crafty lefty Jim Kaat in the first round, considering he came from my first team, which was cursed. I wish to offer my third round pick to the Radbourns in exchange for '77 Rick Reuschel and '97 Andy Pettitte. They're not world-beaters, but you could use another pick to shore up your doomed brave experiment.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
The eight division arrangement seems best, if unfortunate for some.

Super-League VII Roster

Lineup

LF 1985 Rickey Henderson
1B 1987 Eddie Murray
2B 1978 Bobby Grich
CF 1954 Willie Mays
SS 1995 Barry Larkin
RF 1987 Dwight Evans
C 1978 Brian Downing
3B 1989 Mike Schmidt

Bench

C 1991 Don Slaught (Personal catcher of Rijo)
IF 1954 Hank Thompson
OF 1989 Lenny Dykstra
OF 1995 Reggie Sanders
UT 1989 John Kruk
UT 1989 Von Hayes

Pitching

SP 1978 Nolan Ryan
SP 1978 Frank Tanana
SP 1977 Rick Reuschel
SP 1995 Jose Rijo
SP 1954 Johnny Antonelli

CL 1954 Hoyt Wilhelm
SU 1989 Steve Bedrosian
SR 1995 Mike Jackson
SR 1995 Jeff Brantley
MR 1995 David Wells
LR 1997 Andy Pettitte

Minors

AAA UT 1978 Don Baylor
AAA IF 1954 Alvin Dark
AAA SP 1954 Sal "the Barber" Maglie

Adjusted Dimensions of Bourbon Field: Home Stadium: Bourbon Field (Open, natural grass, Fair visibility, 327/365/415/395/363)

Adjusted Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)

Hit and Run: -1
Stealing Bases: +2
Aggressively Tagging Up: -1
Making Cutoff Throws: -1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: -2
Bringing in Pinch Runners: -2
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +1
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: +2
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: 0
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +1

Archie Goodwin fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 20, 2012

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
It's completely irrational, but I actually have a hard time keeping track of which day to look at the thread for updates, what with there being one every day, you poor man.

Loved the Don Slaught patter. And he's still hitting above .500; obviously, it's destiny.

Would '95 Reggie Sanders and '54 Sal Maglie serve as collateral for '37 Red Rolfe*? I could add '78 Don Baylor as well, I suppose?

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
/\ Rodgers seems to have it well in hand. And hasn't New Orleans had enough done to it, Commissar?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Dubai Dervishes
Wes Ferrell (SP) (Swallowed by Empty Quarter) - 25 days

Haha, nice one.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Lombard St. Gumshoes
Brian Downing (C) (It was raining that night, and miserably cold, much too cold for this time of the year. A man was lying in the alleyway, half dead. Someone had wanted him out of the picture for a long time, and they get their wish. Brian Downing wasn't going to play another game for a long time. My name is Don Slaught, P.I., and I was the new starting catcher for the Gumshoes...) - 16 days

It was inevitable, wasn't it?

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

I guess try Sal Maglie for Antonelli.

I'd like to propose a trade with the Imperialists - in exchange for offering my second round pick, which should be pretty high, sadly, I'd like some of your spare parts, since I have a number of holes. Would you really miss very young Chipper, Harold Baines, and, say, Mel Harder?

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Young Chipper replaces old Schmidtty immediately at 3B, rest him in the minors, and also send down Von Hayes and Hank Thompson. Platoon Harold Baines and Dwight Evans in right; call up Dykstra for 4OF duty. No, Lenny, that's not a felony code.

I expect I'll be slotting Mel Harder in for Maglie, but let's see if he exploded this week first.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

quote:

VOTE OR ELSE!

DL

C:
Johnny Bench (DUB)

1B:
Mark McGwire (POR)

2B:
Eddie Collins (BUR)

3B:
Eddie Mathews (SXE)

SS:
Honus Wagner (CLU)

LF:
Rickey Henderson (LOM)

CF:
Oscar Charleston (ROC)

RF:
Frank Robinson (ROC)

DH:
Ted Williams (NYF)

Manager:
Marauder (NYF)

SL

C:
Josh Gibson (IDA)

1B:
Willie McCovey (IDA)

2B:
Rogers Hornsby (COM)

3B:
Howilliams Monsoon (RRS)

SS:
Ray Chapman (TED)

LF:
Brian Giles (FIN)

CF:
Joe DiMaggio (LUN)

RF:
Hank Aaron (LUN)

DH:
Jim Thome (JUN)

Manager:
ForeverBWFC (SLA)

Have to go SP with my one pick. It would be fate if I got '67 Tom Seaver, given that he saved the Orchids in their first Gauntlet run and sunk them in the second.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
I am fine with my one pick.

Never despair. This won't be a second Greenbrier. right?

Let's try to rest Tanana's arm, Mel Harder in the rotation for Frank Tanana. Probably just for the one start, then I can replace him with Eddie Plank.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Let's slip Eddie Plank in for Reuschel, please. Reuschel to long man, Pettitte to the minors.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

quote:

Analysis

This will be the end of the Mel Harder experiment, I suppose.

I'm afraid so. Bring Reuschel in from swingman to replace him, call up Tanana to replace Reuschel.

Rest Larkin with Alvin Dark, as well. Thanks.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
I like that new format.

I don't like where I am in it, but so it goes.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Please put Barry Larkin back in at short. It's obviously SSS, but Rickey's tired, and Don Baylor's hitting .625, so put him in left for the week.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

One day, Det. Don Slaught will get to the bottom of these titles. There's a backstory there somewhere, and he's just the man to find it. Right after some hair of the dog that bit him....

Dwight Evans appears to be totally broken down, which is a shame, since he had two good seasons after this one, where he was fourth in MVP voting. Anyway, send Evans down, call Hank Thompson up, rest Bobby Grich with Thompson.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

We swept the week! Hooray! Our closer's broken and we have no replacement! Boo!

I guess Jeff Brantley moves to closer, Wilhelm to the DL, and Andy Pettitte bumps Boomer Wells into Brantley's spot in SR.

How would Don Baylor's defense be in right? I should really be using Rickey.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Go ahead and move Baylor to right and put Rickey back in left, thanks.

It is nice to see Mays hit well across the board. And Schmidt for the Radbourns, mind you.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

I keep forgetting to put Grich back in at 2B. I'd also like Don Baylor in right, if his defense isn't any worse there than I expect (bad, but not awful, and no worse than Baines).

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

quote:

Analysis

Back to .500! Detective Don Slaught will not let this case/season go!

He deserves a reward for his lonely, hard work in finding the answers in those sordid, dark corners of San Fran bars the League.

Add Slaught as personal catcher for Sal "The Barber" Maglie, because that seems thematically appropriate.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Tim Teufel living in the dank tunnels under Rochester seems very true to life. Nil desperandum, Don.

DL The Barber and The Rickey - Don Baylor back to left, Baines back to right. Call up, um, Von Hayes. Stick Tanana back in the fifth rotation slot, bump Boomer to long man, call up Pettitte to middle relief.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

theacox posted:

Why are people using 4 or 3 (?!) man rotations for the gauntlet? Is this a viable strategy?

For whatever reason, probably because of all the travel days, the fifth starter almost never gets used in the Gauntlet. 3, well, I don't know about that.

And thanks, Smasher, I've survived the Gauntlet with a scrubbier team, I'll try not to disappoint.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
You know, I actually like the Orchids in the Thornton Lee Division up there. At least, if everyone else's Babe Ruth exploded.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

I really don't want to let Smasher down, but my team is not going to be the most consistent save-to-save. Maybe that's a good thing.

Gumshoe Gauntlet Roster

"I came to San Francisco for the baseball weather. I was misinformed."

LF Rickey Henderson
CF Willie Mays
1B Eddie Murray
RF Don Baylor
2B Bobby Grich
DH Harold Baines
C Brian Downing
3B Chipper Jones
SS Barry Larkin

C Det. Don Slaught (catches for Rijo)
OF Lenny Dykstra
IF Alvin Dark
IF Hank Thompson
UT John Kruk

SP Nolan Ryan
SP Eddie Plank
SP Jose Rijo
SP Rick Reuschel
MU Andy Pettitte
CL Hoyt Wilhelm
SU Steve Bedrosian
SR Mike Jackson
SR Jeff Brantley
MR David Wells
LR Frank Tanana

I read the obits, but I feel like kind of a kiss-rear end if I tell you I enjoyed each one. You do good work, and I hope you'll keep doing this as long as you feel obligated to enjoy it.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Goddammit.

MY Pete Alexander didn't save the Orchids...

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Archie Goodwin!

I hope you're still around dude, because your team may not be as dead as you think!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Okay, so, for those of you who weren't in the channel, this happened:

Meaning that the Gumshoes have taken the Woodchucks place in Super-League VIII, as per a deal I made with Bruzer.

So, Archie Goodwin, your team lives! And, I'm going to do something nice for it since it just saved my rear end, the details of which will be forthcoming.

Wait, what? Haha, I'll take it!

:neckbeard:

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

First, in honor of the Gumshoes defeating the Woodchucks, I hereby award them Sadaharu Oh to handle their DH hole and THE Thornton Lee because he is THE Thornton Lee.

Well, that is just awesome. And excellent news, though a rotating door of Old Evans/Older Schmidt/Kruk/Baines would have been funny, if tragic. And now I have a fifth rotation arm that won't make me drink like a down-on-his-luck shamus!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I also award them the Larkin-Downing Award of Excellence, which they shall hold until another team mounts a 4-run comeback against them in the ninth.

Given my knuckleballing walk machine Hall of Fame closer, I am confident I will hold this honor for approximately three series the foreseeable future.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Anyone want to trade up?

Not up, but if you want to trade out entirely, I'll offer you '84 Harold Baines, who hit .304/.361/.541 that year. A young right fielder who played a bit of center as well.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Bernie Williams is still on the board. Which I imagine you already know. Anyway I've got larry walker AND carlos beltran, so that doesn't really help. Open to offers though. A relief ace would be good, and I think a relief ace for Bernie Williams or Mickey Lolich is a good trade for someone.

Bernie Williams can't play right field, or hit reliably enough to be a DH, but OK. Not sure why you'd imply I'd be drafting him to apparently replace Willie Mays, either.

No one's going to trade you a "relief ace" for what's on the board, brother. Face it.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

The Gumshoes will be rolling the dice on rookie Jered Weaver.

Nobody ever made a buck betting on a three-time bum to straighten up and fly right, but sometimes a kid, unstained by these mean streets, can rise above all of it....

Mayor Humungus is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Super-League VIII Roster for your Larkin-Downing Award-holding Gumshoes:

Lineup

LF 1985 Rickey Henderson
DH NPB Sadaharu Oh
CF 1954 Willie Mays
1B 1987 Eddie Murray
2B 1978 Bobby Grich
RF 1978 Don Baylor
SS 1995 Barry Larkin
C 1978 Brian Downing
3B 1995 Chipper Jones

Bench

C 1991 Don Slaught (Personal catcher of Rijo)
IF 1954 Hank Thompson
OF 1989 Lenny Dykstra
UT 1989 John Kruk
RF 1984 Harold Baines

Minors

AAA UT 1989 Von Hayes
AAA RF 1987 Dwight Evans
AAA IF 1954 Alvin Dark
AAA CI 1989 Mike Schmidt
AAA 2B 1995 Bret Boone

Pitching

SP 1978 Nolan Ryan
SP 1911 Eddie Plank
SP 1995 Jose Rijo
SP 1942 (?) THE Thornton Lee
SP 1977 Rick Reuschel
CL 1954 Hoyt Wilhelm
SU 1989 Steve Bedrosian
SR 1995 Mike Jackson
SR 1995 Jeff Brantley
MR 1997 Andy Pettitte
LR 1995 David Wells

Minors

AAA SP 2006 Jered Weaver
AAA SP 1978 Frank Tanana
AAA SP 1995 John Smiley
AAA SP 1954 Sal "the Barber" Maglie
AAA SW 1989 Terry Mulholland

We've exchanged 1937 Mel Harder and his extreme hittability for 1995 John Smiley, who might conceivably be less so; and 1954 Johnny Antonelli, who Mogul hates, for 1995 Bret Boone, who might be useful to someone.
e: and also 1995 Reggie Sanders, who disappeared from my roster without me noticing, for 1989 Terry Mulholland, because my plan for the back of the bullpen is "lots of disposable lefties."

Dimensions of Bourbon Field: Home Stadium: Bourbon Field (Open, natural grass, Fair visibility, 327/365/415/395/363)

Strategy

Hit and Run: +1
Stealing Bases: +2
Aggressively Tagging Up: +1