Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Practical Demon posted:

They probably won't be able to out-weird the original, in this case. I can't wait to hear that behind the bonus where they find out how hosed up that book gets, though. I have no idea how that thing became considered "literature".

I don't know, some of the stuff that comes out of Spontaneanation (PFT's improv podcast on which the other Superego cast members guest often) is at least as twisted as anything I remember from Stranger.

But yeah, I am definitely looking forward to this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

docbeard posted:

I don't know, some of the stuff that comes out of Spontaneanation (PFT's improv podcast on which the other Superego cast members guest often) is at least as twisted as anything I remember from Stranger.

But yeah, I am definitely looking forward to this one.

You may have read the version his editor cut down to something just really weird. The uncut version published later is extra bonkers.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Practical Demon posted:

They probably won't be able to out-weird the original, in this case. I can't wait to hear that behind the bonus where they find out how hosed up that book gets, though. I have no idea how that thing became considered "literature".

Hippies, mainly . I kinda like it though

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
Pistol Shrimps Radio is back and better than ever, I'm really impressed they can comment on the games while driving

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
"This stadium was originally built.....and it remained that way".

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm making a PSR thread in the sports forum, someone give me a better title quote than "Brought to you by Pasadena fuckmansions".

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Pistol Shrimps Radio: shut the gently caress up free throws

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Han Mahboogie

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Now with a slightly better understanding of Basketball

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Started listening to Pistol Shrimps Radio last night. Two episodes in and it's hella funny.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Dire Straits

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I have to say, as a dumb nerd I love Matt's Star Wars deep cuts. And Looove Mark's annoyed reactions.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Other possible titles: Freethrow Confessions, Halftime Sock Report, Brought to you by Boston Market

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Man I am glad that I paid for the live stream ticket so I could get this level of production quality.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Authorman posted:

Man I am glad that I paid for the live stream ticket so I could get this level of production quality.

It's been going for 20 minutes and no one has been informed that the only audio on the stream is the Macbook that they're using for stingers. Jesus christ.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Authorman posted:

Looks like there is a video up of the show. https://www.lapodfest.com/___archive/#hollywood

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

I'm making a PSR thread in the sports forum, someone give me a better title quote than "Brought to you by Pasadena fuckmansions".

"No one asked them to do this"

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I hope people just keep sending them 5-pound bags of candy from now on.

"My cat can only eat so much of this."

"Brought to you by adult doo-doo drugs."

Also that rule where a player can't score more than 20 points is some bullshit.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 7, 2015

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I hope their fundraiser for the charity has some sort of "For every $X raised Matt will eat a god drat salad" rule.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

I hope people just keep sending them 5-pound bags of candy from now on.

Agreed, since clearly it's the only way they'll get a good number of the Shrimps on mic.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Matt's reaction to seeing his first elbow shot in a basketball game was amazing, like a little kid who watches wrestling and gets adorably mad at the cheating heels.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

Matt's reaction to seeing his first elbow shot in a basketball game was amazing, like a little kid who watches wrestling and gets adorably mad at the cheating heels.

I was getting "mom in the bleachers of a youth soccer game" vibes from him actually

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Oh, we saw this side of Matt last season in the game against the male pro team. He got pissed.

By the end of the season, Matt's going to rush the court to fight a ref, and Mark won't be able to help because he'll be buried in boxes.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Leospeare posted:

By the end of the season, Matt's going to rush the court to fight a ref, and Mark won't be able to help because he'll be buried in boxes.

The introduction of that Pistol Shrimps letter opener and this prognostication leads to a rather ugly outcome.

Better watch your rear end, T-Braid.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

thefncrow posted:

The introduction of that Pistol Shrimps letter opener and this prognostication leads to a rather ugly outcome.

Better watch your rear end, T-Braid.

"As police dragged him into a squad car, the suspect repeatedly screamed, "DIRE STRAITS!'"

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Pistol Shrimps Radio has somehow managed to become my favourite podcast. Also, that last game was intense as hell.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Eel hovercraft posted:

Pistol Shrimps Radio has somehow managed to become my favourite podcast. Also, that last game was intense as hell.

I somehow missed whenever they explained who Han M'Boogie is. Is it Amanda Lund?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Tacier posted:

I somehow missed whenever they explained who Han M'Boogie is. Is it Amanda Lund?

Her name is Ingrid Walla (guessing at spelling). She's new to the team and they didn't know who she was at first, so they just started calling her Han M'Boogie.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

No, she's the new center they got this season. In the first game she played she didn't have a jersey with her name on it yet.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
A few things about Tuesday's game vs the Lisas:
--The Lisas had a major changeup from last season, where the Shrimp rolled them by double digits;
--The entire mood in the gym changed after the elbow-to-the-face; what was kind of an evenly split crowd completely abandoned the Lisas.
-Mark got a LOT of stuff. A tremendous amount.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Did the Lisas improve that much or was it just that the Shrimps didn't have Jesse Thomas?

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

A few things about Tuesday's game vs the Lisas:
--The Lisas had a major changeup from last season, where the Shrimp rolled them by double digits;
--The entire mood in the gym changed after the elbow-to-the-face; what was kind of an evenly split crowd completely abandoned the Lisas.
-Mark got a LOT of stuff. A tremendous amount.

Was the Sock Report as awkward as it sounded? Did that guy really go to rehab?

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I think they're setting up a character arc and at the end of the season, they're going to kill off Jensen Karp.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Poopy Palpy posted:

Did the Lisas improve that much or was it just that the Shrimps didn't have Jesse Thomas?

Can't wait for a game where the Shrimps have both Stephanie Allynne and Jesse Thomas on the court :getin:.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

SoupyTwist posted:

Was the Sock Report as awkward as it sounded? Did that guy really go to rehab?

I thought it was legit until last week, even when he gave Matt an opiate on mic.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Never met the guy. Even if you sit close you can't hear what Mark and Matt are saying.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

If you still doubt they're doing a bit even after Matt gave a recovering addict opiates on the air because their halftime segment was too low-key then I don't know what to tell you.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Oh no, I think Jensen Karp fell off the wagon.

Also, that was Booty Time from The Adventures of Ford Fairlane that Matt was singing. Tweet him that and become famous.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Turns out the game where the Shrimps both have Allynne and Thomas on the court went pretty much as I excpected. I really hope they can continue the streak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
"Jesse spins the ball up but it doesn't toilet bowl flush, instead rests on the side like a gas station mistake"

• Locked thread