Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Meanwhile Abidal 'upset' with Barcelona following release: "I do not understand it. I've fought for them and I'm in great shape. I feel better than two years ago. They gave me no reason, other than it was a 'professional' decision,"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i'd hit it

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Think he was trying to look like coolest dude Miguel

but ended up just looking like a tool

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

take your racist merchandise somewhere else, we don't want it

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Ninpo posted:

Reminder this guy is on Murdoch's payroll.

Yeah, I was going to say, how can you be that self-righteous when you're getting paid to speak on TV by a criminal yourself, especially when your whole argument hinges on ethics and morals? Hypocrites, the lot of them.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Wasn't aware of that, that's even worse. It doesn't really hurt his argument (although I don't really care much for these debates about ethics in football since they're inevitably colored by people's club preferences) but jesus, get off your high horse you smug prick, good job in being more informed than an ex-footballer, they're all borderline retarded anyway.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 2, 2013

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

What is he smug about, Mean Bean Machine?

He's being smug and condescending about Chelsea fans liking Abramovich's effect on the club for "football reasons" and because they "can't see the big picture" of how Roman got his money, unlike his morally irreprehensible self who apparently abhors such practices even though he's employed by the same type of corrupt criminal himself OP.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Blue Screen Error posted:

Arranged to show his date of birth

haha

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Breath Ray posted:

Is he really old then?

Not only is he old but as with most Nigerian players nobody knows their ages for sure as they lie about it when they get to Europe with the aid of the Nigerian FA and government, so the joke is that 9/11/17 might as well be his real birth date for all we know, google it. Or maybe the joke was just that he's old in which case it does not get my "haha" seal of approval as previously conceded.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

tattoo artist slipped in a huge boner on di canio

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i wouldn't know, i just hang around the house in my underwear all day

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'm glad they're having a good time and taking funny pictures for their fans before their inevitably disappointing and trophyless season begins and their fans turn on them for not pulling their weight, until next season's Asia/USA tour helps fans forget their crap season thanks to some Wenger and Podolski in funny clothing pics. Snake eating its own tail and all that.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

T. Finninho posted:

That's Cool As Hell

He was probably a big time Nazi, mate.

Here's Sporting's oldest living member (nš5), Maria de Lourdes Borges de Castro, who's been with Sporting for 90 years and was honored this year in the stadium by the president:

Definately not a nazi.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 25, 2013

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
She's crying because she thought Liverpool was the one with Ronaldo.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Bale is dressing like Ronaldo to get the Big Man's attention, maybe he hopes that once he joins Real Ronaldo will take him under his wing like a big brother and they'll be hitting all the beaches with their short shorts but in truth Ronaldo will hate him from the first minute and he'll tell everyone to make monkey noises whenever Bale's around and he'll invite him to weightlifting contests with bros like Sergio Ramos and Casillas watching, real alpha males, and they'll be laughing since Bale prob doesn't even lift until the boy's nothing but a useless husk of a chimp and goes back to whatever poo poo club he came from while Big Cristiano "Ronnie" Ronaldo bangs his missus and plays with his kid lmao

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
cool Zlatan interview, talks about mourinho, guardiola etc

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Left to right: Bouchra Van Persie, Sam Cooke (Chris Smalling), Helen Evans, Laura Christ (Alex Buttner), Kaya Hall (Phil Jones), Nicky Pike (Ashley Young), Daniela Martins (Nani), Misse Beqiri (Anders Lindegaard)

Now we know why Ashley Young is so good at diving, having a whale in the house probably helps hahaha #alphamale #nofattiesallowed #doessheevenlift

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

JP Money posted:

Despite the US qualifying easily at the top of the group it doesn't actually count you see because we don't play Spain, Argentina, Brazil and Germany in our group. Someone should just tell the US that it needs to move its landmass to Europe so we can be better at soccer. Maybe then we'd even have players in the British Premiere League of Barclays London UK League some day.

I don't really follow soccer but from what I hear the US is pretty bad at it right? Has this changed recently?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Wow, Torres looks old. Definately not the young vibrant player that once shone in the BPL. He's now a husk of his former self. What is he, like 27 or 28? Someone take him behind the shed and put him out of his misery. Sad. Ronaldo is triste.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

CisSTAR 19 posted:

http://instagram.com/p/f8Q1KNxtix

I'm a fascist and I want to punch all of them in the face.

When Messi is the guy with the biggest arms maybe it's time to put on a shirt.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'm laughing, what a funny guy. Great impersonations! That's exactly how Ronaldo plays, like a commander, strutting around the field...Haha, oh man, I'm cracking up just thinking of Mr. Blatter imitating him. He also got Messi spot on, I never could quite put my finger on it but he found the perfect way to describe Messi's style: like a dancer. Whenever he's on the field, doesn't matter if he has the ball or not, there's some grace and fluidity to it akin to...I don't know much about dancing, but maybe Ballet? Yes, Ballet! That's what it is! Wonderful, just wonderful. Wish I could've been there to listen and absorb Mr. Blatter's amazing stories and phenomenal impressions, but that's the beauty of the internet I guess. Hahaha, oh what a treat, this has certainly made my day.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

El Hefe posted:

You mad?

Do I sound mad? I actually think people (Real Madrid, Ronaldo, the media) are making a big fuss over a completely inoffensive comment from a moron, who has previously said gay people shouldn't act gay if they want to watch a world cup in Qatar in safety. The only thing I found funny about this whole business is that the highest representative of football worldwide can only come up with the most cliched platitudes like "Messi plays like he's dancing" when asked to describe two players. Oh, and that people actually went to listen to him in person when they could've taken the time to do something more productive like watching paint dry.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

dox posted:

Neymar can't do it in Europe etc etc.... scores a hat trick in his 6th game (C. Ronaldo scored his first goal in his 27th)

And yes, that's a meg

Actually Ronaldo has been playing "in Europe" all his life and scored 2 goals in his league debut when he was only 17, while Neymar was only deemed good enough to move to Europe when he was 21. He also has a much better body than Neymar, who's skinny, emaciated and has no muscles. Maybe you weren't aware but we don't enjoy the presence of trolls around here, so if you would kindly fly away. Thank You.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

belgend posted:

So this won https://www.facebook.com/sporza

e: And the dude in the banner already got a fanpage and a FB page http://beta.sambal.be/updates/mitch-rode-duivels

I voted for that banner because of your previous post btw, glad it won. that's art.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

gross. just gross.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I think he's covering his penis OP.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I like the direction this thread's taking.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Here's Vitor Pereira, former Porto coach and now at Al Ahli, going a bit crazy at a press conference after a club official tries to prevent him from talking about a specific player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZWjdbLnE_Y

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
A woman gamer that's into sports?! Now I've seen it all.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Thirteenth Step posted:

I hope he switches back when City end up walking the league it'll make my season.

He looks like he might have a bit of a case of down's? Probably the best decision he will make in his illness-afflicted life, Chelsea are definitely a top team and will walk with the league. I hope I see Brett by my side when we celebrate the league win.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Look at this oval office laughing at his teammate getting brutally assaulted and maybe having a concussion. Probably thinks he'll have the spotlight back on him if Ronaldo, who's ten times the player he'll ever be, is forced to end his career because of major head trauma. Awful player and even worse human being, can't wait for him to be sold to some poo poo club like Betis or Barca.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
It was a pretty light shove and the Atletico player just happened to land really awkwardly, it's a contact sport. Also, when you're built like a truck sometimes it's hard to control your own strength, not Ronaldo's fault that his touch causes mere mortals to do backflips in the air and land on their heads. Do you even lift?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
It's the only way to rationalize a draw at home with Frankfurt after being up 2-0, poor guy is broken, probably thinks he's in the CL or something.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Bubble-T posted:

Most of the comments I've seen have been this but about Carragher.

I can't believe people are saying this about Carragher and Mcmanaman...when Paulo loving Ferreira is in the photo. Look at him, he's right there next to Figo. Was he Figo's driver to the event? I can just imagine Ronaldo and Zidane looking around wondering why the handsome waiter is posing for the pic.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

lmao

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Popehoist posted:

AVB's first training session at Zenit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpvXBPnqqB0

What a poof

He's going to fail so hard in Russia and Porto won't take him back because he just stole their GK coach without a word beforehand and the president is all salty about it lmao.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
multilingual lmao i hate those infographics

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Thirteenth Step posted:

Some good ones on the antique football twitter recently.

These are great, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

what the hell

• Locked thread