Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ian Wright was a very good player and a dreadful pundit. I also liked his Football Behind Bars show where he made a lot of noise about his Tribulations and Hard Prison Life as though he'd done time for murder rather than two weeks for not insuring his car

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
And also the time he stormed off Match of The Day saying they were using him as a 'comedy jester' rather than a serious stat dude, which conveniently overlooked the fact that he was loving poo poo and no-one missed him when he was gone

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Arjen Robben's been scoring from set-pieces for years though?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bit crass of United to celebrate the 1996 league title on a day of mourning imo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Ten Real Fan Points™ if you can remember the score - no googling allowed

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Ewar Woowar posted:

Was it 4-3 to Leeds with Viduka scoring all four?

It was also the day 10-year-old me realised that Mark Viduka was the greatest footballer of that or indeed any generation.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Also thanks, That Programme, for reminding me that Sander Westerveld existed

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Paul Rachubka came to Leeds and was so bad he had to be subbed off at half time and never played again. rip

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Russ posted:

It's time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWP-z4O8Ddo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhwroaSFaB0

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

There are very few things I love in football more than a player attempting a minutely-detailed complex setpiece out of Roy of The Rovers that must have taken countless hours on the training-ground to get right. And then loving it up completely and looking like a total tit. I love it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Rod Hull died trying to get an mishit Emile Heskey ball off his roof, this is canon

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2012/oct/10/football-fans-tifos-pictures-gallery

I'm triggering.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Blue Screen Error posted:

Thats exactly what I want TyChan.

edit: No Akinfenwa, no Holt, shameful.

Worrying lack of Andy 'pieman' Robinson as well

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Buggerlugs posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20021766

Hope Leeds get banned from a few away matches

Nah

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I wish i was the cameraman who was in charge of looking through the crowd for miserable looking pissed blokes dressed up as knights at England matches

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Scott Bakula posted:

Alan Shearer, on Match of the Day, said something to the effect of "who'd heard of him?" when Newcastle signed Ben Arfa. He had something like 10 caps for France at the time. Journalists and pundits are all pretty much terrible

"Pele...and those guys" -Alan Shearer on the 1970 Brazil team

someone start badshearerpunditry.txt

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
That dude is clearly flexing. Brutal trolling of Welbeck's weedy physique

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

belgend posted:

Premium indeed

I want this on my wall

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Official TRP board game found

quote:

Modelled on Monopoly and selling for €49, Play Ultras swaps the car, the hat and the boot for miniature hooligans armed with belts, sticks and bars.

Players must pass helmeted, baton-wielding riot police figurines to reach a football stadium. The winner is the player who can get the largest number of his pieces into the stadium to watch the game, while avoiding a stay in hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8GhEUANlOc

http://www.playultras.com/en/home/

Secret Santa's coming up, better get your orders in soon

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Gary Lineker might be the only footballer whos actually good at banter

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lee Peltier for England

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm going to go ahead and assume Zidane junior will be putting a bunch of poo poo english cloggers to shame in a few year's time, but who were the last father and son to both be properly good players at the top level? The Maldinis? Lampard and son maybe? Kasper Schmeichel is alright as well I suppose but I'm sure there's a really obvious one I'm forgetting

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Alex Bruce does not count because he's a piece of poo poo and a bad defender. Paul Dalglish definitely does count however

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'm glad my suggestion for red cards for any coordinated celebration is gaining traction.

Straight reds for any celebrations which involve props or took longer to think up than to perform. Sorted.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Want to see Akinfenwa vs. Akinbiyi in a steel cage to determine Britain's Swolest Footballer

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Hoops posted:

Give all fans little foam balls at the start of games, or maybe some kind of rotting fruit. You can't suppress a football fans' inate violence and bigotry, but you can atleast impair it.

If a racist fan threw a banana at a black player and the player just stopped and ate it in full view of the fans would he get booked? I wrote in to you are the ref about it once but they never got back to me

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YisKIgdCgGQ

What the gently caress is wrong with this guy jesus gently caress

I don't understand why you'd go steaming in like that obviously angry and then just sort of tread gingerly on the edge of his chest and mostly just catch his shirt and maybe lean on him a bit. Surely you'd know that you're going to get at least a red for lashing out to start with so you might as well just start properly booting the poo poo out of him

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Vegetable posted:

If you do that you'll probably get an extended ban and a fine too.

But if you've properly lost your rag with a guy enough to shove him to the ground and stand snarling over him you'd have thought that getting fined and stuff would be the last thing on your mind. I suppose when you're a pro there's always a little voice telling you to reel it in a bit even when you're at that point because of training or whatever. It probably also goes a long way towards explaining hilarious 'fights' where a defender sprints a good 50 yards to get stuck in only to end up giving a few half-hearted shoves

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Finally, the proof I needed that Barnsley are the Worst Club in The World

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I do like the tiny enclave of City fans in the Outer Hebrides

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I would imagine the TRP Matchday thread and twitter would have been pretty hilarious reading for that moment actually, I never looked back to find it the next day.

It was basically a load of man u fans going 'better luck next year lovely :smug:' followed by 'NOOOOOOO' it was brilliant

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Reminds me of the Zanetti one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
does anyone have the arsenal gif where it's the scene from zoolander but with arsene and eboue etc. i just thought of that and did a tiny heh

• Locked thread