Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Das Volk posted:

I've been looking at these, and I dare say it's one of the last of the models focused solely on going fast too. The Z4M doesn't compare because it's not as focused. Knowing BMW somehow they'll make the USS ///M6 run the 'ring faster.

The Z4M kinda sucked at everything but looking at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ugh, I want to get rid of my E46 sedan for a G35 sedan....

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Wait, is that first one twin charged?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Prolly get hated on here but saw this clean Integra at school.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bojanglesworth posted:

The 96-97 JDM DC2 ITR is 4x114.3

Next time you think you know something you should probably check your facts first, instead of making a stupid rear end incorrect statement. Those wheels are even from a JDM Type R. Perhaps you should move to a different section of the forums.

Hmm, I didn't know this either. I figured it was a really clean clone with Volk CE28Ns so I didn't really look close (to see if it was RHD). Now I'm curious if someone brought an ITR over and plated it... there is an R32 GTR in the parking lot occasionally so it wouldn't surprise me.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Another pic of that 997 race setup.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I think the wheels on the red car are Volk CE28Ns, or a knockoff of them.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Went and checked, the Integra is LHD.

Pretty nice looking E30 in the lot today.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 31, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I have no idea, I get your point completely.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 31, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

(take a second look at this, it's not what you think it is)

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 31, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

nm posted:

Look at the plates. Now imagine you're looking at it in a mirror.

Hahaha, I didn't even notice that. Niiiice.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
What in the actual gently caress is going on there?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Someone posted this in my G+ stream today. :stare:

Mid engined, RWD, H22 powered teggy. I'm really curious how it drives and expected it to be horrid but the builder is apparently a NASA driving instructor so it can't be too bad.

Article linky

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/19-projects-diy-article-talk/66688-94-gsr-mid-engine-rwd-h22a4-conversion.html
Build thread

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ash with a five posted:

It's a mirror.

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

Someone let me in on the 959 above, what is it since apparently at least one other person gets the joke.

It's not a 959, it's a 969 prototype. I guess no one else actually got that though. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Comrade Flynn posted:

Sure wish I knew how to take a decent photo. Ended up driving over 70 miles through the Santa Cruz mountains. This car is more satisfying to drive than the Lotus.
Cliffs: Polarizer, drop down level with car instead of shooting down at it, early morning or late day.

Terrible-rear end picture, but here is a Noble I saw three years ago.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 3, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Few random unedited pics from the local Saturday 'car meet'. Didn't have a flash.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I need a car/bike worth taking there again, it's been years. :suicide: Never been a bike night or car show guy but...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Good in theory isn't always good in practice anyway.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That's why I cover my vehicle with those vortex generators. Went from 18mpg to 27mpg, poo poo cray.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Porsche picture dump time.

Random/BMW

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 10, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

McMadCow posted:

I thought it was in reference to taking pictures and looking at your LCD screen to confirm exposure/composition. I guess I'm a racist rear end in a top hat, too. :(

Same here :v:
The build thread on this makes me want to build one.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

a big fwiggen terd posted:

Wheres the build thread I need to see the build thread!

also ash is from teeside so hes obviously a massive racist :v:

http://www.trackculture.com/category/bmw-e46-m3-v10-conversion/

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It's time for a picture dump.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yeah, that's a prius :lol:

The red/blue levers adjust the sway bars and the tall black one is the sequential shifter... as for the buttons... :psyduck:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

quote:

Super GT cars aren’t allowed to have electronically shifted gearboxes so cog selection in the BRZ’s Hewland sequential is done by hand via a conventional shift lever, which is why you don’t see paddles behind the steering wheel. The steering wheel is equipped with your usual switchgear as well as a small Motec digital display to relay important engine parameters to the drivers.

Other things we can observe is the switch panel and LCD screen, which acts as a rearview mirror, seeing there is no rear window to speak of.

The main Motec ADL3 display and data logger is something the drivers don’t need to worry about too much, so may probably glance over at it only a few times during a race. It’s more for the race engineers.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

edit: Also, timg-ing pictures makes poo poo load slower than actually having the full size image. By far. Try scrolling through the big timg posts on the last page in Chrome and watch your browser choke, it goes away the second you scroll into the full size pictures in the next post.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 1, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Style and maybe for the drag cars to adjust cam timing easily, but I'd probably guess that they don't actually mess with that at the track?

edit: Also, that ugly silver Miata was posted because it's rotary swapped and goes with the silver rotary engine bay a few pictures down. Don't know how it got out of order there.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 1, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

tbb9 posted:

What's the deal with the honda powered Elise

I don't know much about Hondas but that's an Exige with a supercharged K series, probably a K20A2.
It's a pretty popular swap - more power / aftermarket, more racey engine stock, and reliability

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 1, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

tbb9 posted:

I didn't realize the k series was good enough to warrant a swap
I don't want to step on toes, but it's probably the best 4cyl ever sold in a production car.

That noise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMyQ9XbCfss

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

travisray2004 posted:

It's Tail of the Dragon in North Carolina and as far as I recall they don't close it off from public traffic but I could be wrong.

They close it for the Chasing the Dragon Hillclimb. It's closed in that picture.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Nait Sirhc posted:

You have angered the 4G63.

I'd totally pull out the crankwalk poo poo butttt..... :v: turboez

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Little -too- sideways :v: Seriously though, the S2000 is probably one of the more unforgiving cars I've driven once you find yourself a little too far. Kinda like the Z4M. :lol: I think that's the only car I've ever 'tankslappered' hard in.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Oct 2, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hahaha, that one is great. I pulled the exact same poo poo. On the street. Because I used to be am a loving retard.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I do architectural copper coatings as my second (under the table) job... it's all fun and games until someone melts their skin off trying to get back into the car after a warm day. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

rcman50166 posted:

Let's fast foward a few years:

I'm sure it's coated to prevent petina, but I like to think it's not :allears:

Copper can patina more than that in a day, trust me. :smith: Copper can still patina under clear, it sucks if you get fingerprints on copper and then clear it. Come back a few days later and the finger prints are black on the otherwise brushed/whatever you did to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I passed a bunch of those cars on my way back from Vegas around like June 10th or something this year. There was also a Veyron in the group.