Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

I would drive this everywhere. It's so well done, and I'm sure it's a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007
Here's a sorta build thread:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3933492/1968-ford-bronco

and their page:
http://www.icon4x4.com/overview/br/content/mechanical
And yes, I would do terrible things for one.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

YF19pilot posted:

You and I both (except I've never owned a 2CV). I'd totally rock a 2CV around OKC.

Strangely enough, I have seen one rocking around OKC. Saw it a couple weeks back on the NW Expressway, but couldn't get a shot.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

DrPain posted:

For a second I thought that was a racetrack built into an ocean cruise liner.

This needs to be a Carmageddon track.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Octopus Magic posted:

So that means I can put a wing bigger than the Countach's on my car?

Yes, as long as it's at the same height as the Countach's.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Preoptopus posted:

I didn't know that the slammed civic thread was the Custom/Hotrod thread.

It's so nice to see Continentals in something other than black. They offered 20 colors in 64, but everyone paints them black. Maroon looks nice, I'd have to go with the Bronze metallic or the silver blue metallic though.
God I want one. Pretty sure I could put it on a Marauder frame too.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007
Saw this the other day, and just thought it looked awesome. Forgot my old lust for a pair of TSW Hockenheims. Wonder if I could find a pair for a focus.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Coasterphreak posted:

I mean, I get that it's (probably hopefully) a movie prop, but what is it?

If there was a giant explosion behind it, I'd say Michael Bay movie prop.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Peppi posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the W212 E-class, but Brabus did a thing and I loving want it so bad. That's 850hp and 1150Nm, available in 4WD.

I'd drive the poo poo out of this, but that giant cirle/B in the grill is awful. The Mercedes tristar is big enough, why do you have to go add a dinner plate in the middle of the grill?

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Terrible Robot posted:

For a minute I thought it was an interior shot of the Pantera that some crazy (is there really any other kind of Northern European?) Swede threw a Hemi into. Would you like to know (a lot) more? The website is straight out of 1999 but has a dizzying amount of information on his build and all the custom parts he designed and built for it.

Oh god I love Panteras, and this car is amazing. I want one with with pretty much everything he's done except the motor. I want to put a Coyote in one so bad.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

jonathan posted:

$75k is a big chunk of change for a vehicle, but it's only a tenth of the price of a high end pre runner.

Also, the price has gone up a wee bit. It's now $99,900.
Of course, if I had a hundred grand burning a hole in my pocket I'd be all over it.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Knobjockey posted:

1980's video quality but holy carp...

Kept expecting the whole view to go plaid.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Are you getting the FF primarily to review CarPlay? Because that car's been out for ages as far as Internet Reviews are concerned.

I'd use any excuse I could to grab an FF for a day.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Ran into this beauty the other day. '63 Studebaker Avanti with a (factory) supercharged 289 V8 mated to a 4-speed manual. The old guy who drove it in is the second owner, and just got it back on the road after a serious restoration. Apparently the paint is a Ford gold color. It sounded fantastic.

I had a guy pull out in front of me last week in one of these, same color. Plenty of time to admire that rear end as he did 33 in a 45, kept thinking "I know it's not a Ferrari, but drat if it doesn't have an Italian look". Finally got a chance to get around him and remembered what it was when I saw the nose. Why couldn't the front look as good as the rest of it (not that I wouldn't drive the poo poo out of one).

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Larrymer posted:

If you've never seen it in person, you definitely should. I was loving giggling the entire time and it was pouring rain miserable all day.

I want to so bad, but they never come anywhere close. 3 wheel drifts skimming the walls, occasional jumps on top of each other, it always looks like such a good time.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

It's really important that everyone on the street knows what kind of pants I'm wearing.

Pants!? Where we're going, we don't need pants!

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

DefaultPeanut posted:

Carving up an intake with an exacto knife, check. Oil-less compressor, check. Timmies cup next to the vice, check. Pass. Nothing of value here.

EDIT: what is with all the garbage coming from BC lately.

Think I need a shower after watching that.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

And every time I see one I wish I could have bought yours.

But lately, I've had other ideas.

Oh God, how have I never had this fantasy.
I'm gonna need a minute. And some Tuscon Bronze and Tourmaline Green paint.

Also, a set of '94 lighting bumpers showed up on Craigslist recently. Had to resist the urge. But they'd look so good on my truck.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Every single car on the track is in one big pile, I had better wave my flag like a lunatic. You know, in case anyone else happens upon this.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Never happened :colbert:

Word.
They still belong on everything, it keeps you from sucking small animals into your intakes.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Fender Anarchist posted:

Sounds like it's Manic Beattie time again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EMleegZQLw

Helicopter engine acting as a gas generator to run the turbo at full spool all the time to boost the piston engine.

I had to go hunt this one down:
https://raceenginedesign.co.uk/the-manic-beattie/
4-wheel drive
1700 cc Cosworth BDT.
400 bhp
650 kg
25 psi gauge boost with a turbine driven turbo.
Tyre burnouts are conducted at 13 psi boost in first gear but timed runs, for 2005 at least, used the higher 25 psi boost limit, manually selected from the dashboard.

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007
This may be the sexiest thing I've seen all year (although that F-350 was close).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSjnQFtAcUI