Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3227202641.html

This... is pretty loving bad rear end. I love the modern twist on an old classic. Even the dash looks almost like it belongs in there. Though the center console kinda blows.

Edit: http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3227201056.html

This is a drat good price for a relatively clean wagon. It would be easy to throw something decent under the hood, a little bit of body work and a nice paint job, it would be a drat fine boulevard cruiser.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

stump posted:

Since the p38 range rover used the BMW M51 diesel lump* from the 3/5/725 TDS I guess this is actually not that out of the world, since they were already used to fitting BMW sixes into holes made for rv8's.

So what your telling me is... Next time my head gaskets let go, because they are made of swiss cheeses, I could transplant a M60/M62 into my basket case of a rover?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

stump posted:

I guess so, in theory! Also, the M62 was fitted to the L322 Range Rover.

Is there any thing an M62 can't do? :allears:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

1987 Audi 4000CS, Riding Mower with airbrushed flames and power leather seat, 1987 Maserati Biturbo Si, 1985 Scrambler.

I wanna know more about this powered seat. Though the seat on my folks JD 425 is pretty god drat nice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Cakefool posted:

Ha, I got this the other day from a friend on Facebook

"Why did you buy a bmw? They're really expensive, you should have got a lease car from work"

Yeah, £280 per month for a beige econobox I won't own, versus £2500 for a bigger more efficient (more awesome) 10 year old car I can do what I want with.

And yet, in a year its already paid for plus taking care of it?

I still don't get the concept of "BMW is expensive to own" concept. After replacement of the GOD drat COOLING SYSTEM and suspension wear components, they are pretty easy to take care of. Same typical poo poo that other cars need replaced, IE brakes, tires, oil changes, etc.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Bob NewSCART posted:

Yeah I did actually look at it, and I like it a lot. Could you give me some examples of some "grown up cars" since apparently the corvette is made by children?

Its a matter of poor design. Quite a few cars seem to forget the rear part of the car and often end up looking like mini vans or "Oh cock, we forgot to put the tail lamps on.... well here this looks good."

Its not just American cars, the Japanese and Euro cars have been doing a fantastic job of loving it all up. The new Range Rover which looked incredible in L322 form looks down right awful, "here lets make a 100k SUV look like a 30k Ford Explorer". Though I admit, I do like the rear design of the Charger. To bad they can't get the front fixed.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

PainterofCrap posted:

My wife would kill me.

I got a couch for yah. That is sheer awesomeness.... though you could sleep in it! Worst case scenario, take her with to see it. That's how I ended up with my current poo poo heap in the garage.... she said well if you can keep it mobile I don't see why not.

But I upgraded this time around. She really doesn't care about the rides.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
How much of a gain is this over the regular S62?

I feel like it was a short term gain over a long term of headaches.

This is with the impression that the S62 is a relatively long lasting motor. If this was done to an E46 M3 or the E60 M5... yeah I kinda see that with all the main bearing problems the engines are dealing with.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Edmund Honda posted:

Bit of detectiving and it apparently makes 500whp compared to 320whp with the standard engine. The above pictures are what it looks like now (he's trying to sell at $22k obo) but this is what it looked like when the swap was done three years ago:

Yeah, its cool, but the god drat body kit is so off putting.

My only real issues with doing giant engine/transmission swaps is the whole "how many people are really going to want this thing". Upgrading a 305 to a 350? Yeah smart upgrade that 90% of the world would never have a problem with. This? Its been for sale for quite some time.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

GramCracker posted:

One of my best friends and I actually went and drove it. Unfortunately they couldn't agree on a price. Let me know if you want more of my thoughts on this.

I think quite a few of us would be interested.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
for every one awesome car Ferrari makes... they make at least one flop.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

front wing flexing posted:

1:1? I would say that's a bit much.

Well, maybe 3.25:1 ... But when they make a flop its a big grandiose flop

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Isn't PA and NJ have the hosed up liquor laws that you have to buy beer at a bar or liquor store?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
In my previous town, I could jump in the car or walk 3 blocks, get a case of beer, bottle of Jack (not that I drink it) and as much wine as I want, a tank of fuel and a hot dog at the gas station.

Now I have to go 6 blocks :smug:

Speaking of 6....

:getin:

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Honestly I am shocked truck manufactures have not gone to what trains have done for years, by using a diesel motor turning a generator which in then turns electric motors.

I would think we have the technology to do this by now right?