Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
People have paid ~$200,000 for a Range Rover

think about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Godholio posted:

Side pipes own, but THAT side pipe looks like a piece of chainlink fencepost he cut down himself.

need 4 zoomies for a propor miniceptor, anyway

also,

740 horsepower, 980 pounds with fuel

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

slide jobs rule

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

That's an M62 locomotive, which weighs about 128 tons. I don't know how much a loaded missle launch platform weighs but I wouldn't be surprised if it were close to that.

I think the theory is that it is intended as a mobile power plant. The engine output is 1974 hp, or just under 1.5 MW.

pretty sure it's just the sheet metal cab of the locomotive and not the heavy rear end frame to it

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Godholio posted:

That's really loving cool, and tells me never to start my summer car in that weather.

It's also a pretty neat visual to use when describing why the German army ground to a halt in Russia

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Lesson learned. it felt fast at the time.

the lesson is: buy more expensive tires, add horsepower, and drive fast enough to potentially die, and return to the thread in triumph!

this will actually make it worse, don't do this

post trackday vids

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

HandlingByJebus posted:

k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTzG00CbrA

(I'm very happy at the end because I broke my own lap record by a significant margin)

man, that in the sun, uphill between 9 and 10 looks fun as hell

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

NitroSpazzz posted:

:drat: I've always wondered about taking one of those and setting it up for road coarse racing. They're fast, light, cheap, plentiful and easy as hell to get parts for and work on.

They are fast and light, sure, and some of the parts are common, but in TYOOL 2016 a supermodified is neither cheap nor plentiful.

There are only a handful of tracks that run them (and none are rear engined now). Converting them to road course use would be a feat of engineering, because even the chassis themselves are constructed with a built in left offset. The right side suspension looks like that's how they achieve the offset, but there's actually inches of offset in the chassis from the motor mounts all the way through the driveline.

It would be a bitch to pull off.

That's a scale model, but it illustrates bulkhead location, mounting points etc pretty well.

Supermodifieds are the bleeding edge of "turn left" technology.

e- oh yeah, and the engines are laid over so that the rotating mass helps the car turn left

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 12, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

McTinkerson posted:

This is apparently in the WTAC pits (as per a FB friend who's there).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D57GWhSBQYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

xzzy posted:

Really blows my mind that something like an F40 could ever get into a state where it needs a full on restoration.

I would have thought that as soon as its racing days were over some collector would snatch it up and baby the gently caress out of it.

It sounds weird but old race cars were still just trash until like the late 90's.

I mean, in a lot of ways they still are. Dunno many LMP-1 cars in private hands, ya know?