Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iconic Racism
Apr 8, 2009

FIRST TIME posted:

If only other manufacturers would do the same. I'm looking at you BMW. :smith:

I too shared this sentiment until I was fortunate enough to attend a seminar hosted by Mr Bangle himself. He explained that basically design at BMW was stagnating, a point he proved by putting a 3 series, C Class and A4 next to each other and deleting their 'iconic' features aka, grill, headlight, etc. All the cars were identical. He had to do things the way he did. Porsche's iconic feature is its body, so they have it real easy when maintaining brand identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iconic Racism
Apr 8, 2009

CharlesM posted:

How tacky.

Agree with this. I find it surprising that Horacio designed that hideous interior when the rest of the car is a masterpiece. Just doesn't gel.

A proper car interior should look like this

The best interior for a current production car would either the Spyker which someone has already mentioned or this

Iconic Racism
Apr 8, 2009
Just came across this ridiculously good tumbler. I dunno how to rehost the images to give an example of the content so you'll all have to trust me and check it out http://artoftheautomobile.tumblr.com/. The gifs are quite something.

Iconic Racism
Apr 8, 2009

Falken posted:

I'm interested in getting an M191. Should I go for the B or L trim level? Going to use it as a daily driver, roughly 90 to a 100 miles a week with the occasional longer trip.

What's the storage space like?

It's great, you can seat 2 people beside you and they can carry all your belongings. It's really a 3 seater spyder