Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That Jaguar CX75 video, they're really getting 500hp out of a 1.6litre engine?! HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Also that above Riviera is the hotness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

He was very close to his dad and doesn't want to ever get rid of it, nor make any major changes. Just wants to improve upon what's already there.

You'd be mental to get rid of it whether it was his father's car or not. I love it.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jul 4, 2013

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

We had a 59 Biarritz sell at my auction, unrestored, for $80,000. Restored they go for a quarter million. 59 Caddies are the end all, be all of Cadillacs.

Holy poo poo, I never knew they were that much. No wonder that guy parked a million miles from the other cars.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I live in a city with a somewhat strong motoring heritage and the local transport museum has meets seemingly every Saturday during summer. Today I was rushing past and glimpsed this sight...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It comes with a fridge and a motorbike. Sold.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah that thing is absolutely stunning. Wow.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I went for a trip to the seaside (Cornwall) for a few days over the weekend. I saw absolutely nothing of interest on the roads down there at all, there were a million VW campers of varying vintages of which a good 60% were broken down by the side of the road with the engine bay open and owners sat staring teary-eyed in defeat while their girlfriends/wives sat in the things looking mightily pissed off.

Anyway I found this Mercedes 300 in the car park of a tiny little village on the coast about 100m from a couple of pirate ships in dock. It was in pretty good condition, obviously well loved.

I also saw this amazing hearse but failed to get a picture of it. :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Nidhg00670000 posted:

If by silly you mean awesome! Did I say awesome? Citroen SMs are AWESOME.

(click for big)

God drat this looks so loving cool.

And this because wow...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

sadnessboner posted:

Chevelle on a NASCAR chassis, build thread is here

I actually said "OH gently caress!" out loud when I saw this. Wow, it's perfect.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 24, 2013

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

YF19pilot posted:

I'm missing something, could you clue me in? Not that a Chevrolet Silverado that can do wheelies isn't awesome, but obviously there is a connection I'm not getting.

I assume you were asking for a link...?!

http://youtu.be/zcPHHEea3lE

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I thought stanced meant silly camber and such? That monster is just bagged and dumped and totally in the right thread considering it runs 1/4 mile in 10.9@127mph and weighs as much as my house.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Am I the only one that thinks that gold Maserati doesn't actually look that bad? The colour combination works quite nicely...

I know there's at least one person here from my home town of Coventry, I'm sure they've seen the vile chrome vinyl DB7 that used to roll around the university at times. It wouldn't be that bad if it was a more modern one but it's like a 1997/98 with the original rims and it just looks stupid.

Not it, obviously as the sky is never blue in this city;

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This was posted in the wrong thread (awkward/ugly in pyf). Needs whitewalls and hydraulics.

Jay O posted:

So, there's this guy in my apartment complex that owns something I'd place pretty firmly under Awkward and Ugly, but some of you may think it's great, I dunno. Behold the Majestic Orange Hearse:

(Reflections are a bit wonky there, but the steering wheel's chains and the stick shift a skull...

THE LAST RIDE.

For what it's worth, the car's much funnier if the guy's behind the wheel. He's picture-perfect :emo: , thin unwashed grease-mop, perpetual smug yet tortured expression...the last of a dying breed of goth...in a bright tangerine hearse. I almost took a picture of him checking himself out in the side-view mirror, but it would have been real obvious and he would have seen me doing it, so I abstained.

This is a man who laughs at your slavery to the illusion of normalcy and the fleeting falsehood of life's brief embrace. He laughs at you, DEATH ITSELF laughs at you, and this Hobby Lobby gargoyle laughs at you...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I just noticed the saw blades on the centre caps... Farkin' 'ell.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I want this.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It appears a certain forums poster (ex poster?)'s ride has become a meme due to this whole gubbmint thing you boys got going on over there.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I have no idea who this is by but man I like it...

Edit: Liberty Walk apparently.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Oct 31, 2013

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Good because it's loving sweet.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

angryhampster posted:

I don't remember if I've ever posted this beast that I saw a few years ago in town:

I was about to say "WRONG THREAD" until I noticed I was in the awesome thread. Vanup.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I went looking for some words on that concept and they included the words 'CVT auto'.

C'mon now... :flaccid:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

asmasm posted:

Is it just me or is the bugatti veyron the uggo of the bunch?

Not just you, I've always thought it was a hideously ugly piece of design work.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The best:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Can we get this in windscreen format?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDlHGhKHIdM

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The latest OctagonalPaul photoshop is this beauty, a JDM inspired Volvo 480. I really like this.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:staredog:

...how did that not end up down that crevasse?!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I want this. And the glorious sunny weather that would accompany its every voyage...

Oh and the XKSS too please.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

jamal posted:

Yeah that's mad mike's 4-rotor. With one turbo per two rotors. From another angle I found they appear to be about a 71 or 76mm compressor, so somewhere around 800-1000hp total depending on fuel, which is average for a top drift car these days. Daigo Saito's SC430 has well over 1000.

4 rotors but only 2 turbos? Pff, I thought he was 'Mad' Mike not 'mildly unhinged' Mike.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

So they have this gorgeous curved vent arrangement on the back end and then just throw some sharp edged light units in there?

Hmm. Still like it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BlackMK4 posted:

For some reason, I'm on the love it side and I absolutely hate how the C7 looks. Weird.

Thank Christ someone's admitting the Corvette ain't poo poo. That loving Crossfire inspired bonnet ain't doing much for the look. I much prefer the Viper but even that is just a basic redesign of the first one.

At least the Toyota is a bit left-field and ultra modern.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Phy posted:

Hey, whatever happened to the guy whose boss gave him a replica Cobra? I remember the start being all "YOU WILL DIE" and people posting pictures of the trippy part of 2001 and then I don't know if he ever posted again.

I wondered about that dude myself. I figured I'd rather not know if he did indeed end up dying at the wheel of that car... :/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

dubzee posted:

The owner:

For the record, I would absolutely drive a bedazzled Lambo.

What animal toy is sat in the front intake of that silly leopardlambo?

Also I love this.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This is beautiful.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Viking Blood posted:

It's not even good in an ironic way. c'mon.

My wife? Yes
My dog? Maybe
My Dodge? NEVER!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

dubzee posted:

OK I was on the fence but this is just too great. It's like disco never died.

So the above picture of the picnic, is this where the term 'tailgating' came from?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

echoplex posted:

Coventry Transport Museum?

That's where they live, yeah. I haven't been there in a few years which is a bit poo poo considering I pass it virtually every day. I love the gatherings of cars they get together outside in the summer, just wandering into town on a Saturday afternoon and seeing a whole load of Americana is pretty awesome. There was a gaggle of Corvettes at one point from Stingray up to virtually brand spanking new. Oh and this random ratrod...

I should really keep an eye on the events schedule and see what's gonna turn up.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I didn't know you lived here.

For my sins, yeah. I've seen you posting about stuff around Birmingham way before now.

Never knew the Corvette selection was for a TV show. Jag day is usually pretty cool though last year they parked them right in the centre of town so people could have a proper nose.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

What is this gorgeous monster??!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I am in love with this.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

wallaka posted: