Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doughboy1013
Apr 4, 2011

T-Square posted:

Yeah, basically what IOwnCalculus said. The Patron Ferraris are just that, loud and piercing. They are awesome. The new Evora that was running sounded similar to them, and that was pretty rad too.

It's too bad the Aston Martin prototype from last year was phased out, that took it to another level.

Just before the T5 braking zone is probably the best place to experience the rush after a caution. Guess who forgot any sort of ear protection...

e: random pic

doughboy1013 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doughboy1013
Apr 4, 2011

toplitzin posted:

It sure looks like it gets traction and helps pull the car from the dirt. It's rotating backwards, slows, begins to rotate forward, then accelerates and throws all the dirt up as it pulls forward.

The tire isn't rotating when the car position is sideways compared to the directional vector of the car. No force to accelerate/decelerate the tire in correlation to its desired rotational direction. Once the tire lines up with the vector the car is traveling on it speeds up to match the velocity of the car. Frictional forces cause the tire to accelerate to match the car's velocity, not an AWD driveline.

Didn't think this would be so hard to understand.

doughboy1013
Apr 4, 2011

xzzy posted:

I take back anything I said that may have been interpreted as being derogatory of this mustang, because holy hell it sounds good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qanlirrRWs

Also the driving is okay I guess.

But I just wanna hear that engine all day.

That car is God drat mental.