Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Devyl posted:

I feel your pain :( This was the last good-looking BMW:

Counterpoint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/Bolt-in-shear.PNG

Click that.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

c355n4 posted:

lovely picture of a friend's lovely car

I lust after an e9. The things I'd do to one would make a purist squirm, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiFNaA-hrCo

This really belongs in the youtube thread, but this guy has a 2800 with an S38b38 (e34 M5 3.8L 6) transplant with triple webers. He has several videos of it, and it appears he tracks it too.

Party Alarm fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 23, 2013

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

EOS40D__010156e2 by eshaun

EOS40D__010133e2 by eshaun

EOS40D__010244e2 by eshaun

EOS40D__010207e by eshaun

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Look at the tires :ssh:

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Front end is way too busy and those look like ebay headlights but the rest looks good.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

CharlesM posted:

He actually got a fractured tibia but it's still pretty amazing, I am happy the improvements car safety has made.

Also you can bring a car over on a temporary basis if your posting in the U.S. is less than a year.

edit: is this AI car poo poo?

No, because it's Forza 5 :v:

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

So some car stuff I designed is now out for commercial sale. It feels pretty AI to be involved with it :)

Power steering reservoir as part of the Chase Bays power steering kits top, and aluminum coolant overflow tank bottom.

There are several other items I designed for them that should be in production for the coming year. I can't wait to go to car meets and see these on cars, and have the owners tell me how much they hate them and how terrible I am!

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I'm a senior BSME student. ME is such an awesome field to study if you like cars.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
http://scrmgarage.com/88-jalpa/

I looked up pictures of Jalpas and found this.

Supercharged LS1 in the rear.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

BoostCreep posted:

Even in poo poo brown.

Brown is the best car color :colbert:

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Track One image dump. My brother gets to work on some cool poo poo nowadays

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Raluek posted:

Oh poo poo, nice. That over/under 911 shot reminds me of a "before/after" weight loss ad.

For some reason I thought "Track One" was just you and your brother in a garage working on your own cars, or something. I didn't realize that it was a Real Deal, that's cool as hell.

Track One was originally all Mike. I just helped out - I did some part sales, some wrench work, helped build the first shop, move stuff, ect.

He had to close his doors last year, but ended up getting sucked back into the automotive world and went into business with a friend who was his business mentor towards the end of the original Track One when things got rough.

They just recently moved into a new two building complex and have had a ridiculous amount of business.

e: That e46 M3 is a SCCA car some customer recently purchased. It's easily the LOUDEST car that has been in the shop so far, including the 800hp Ford GT

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
3D scanning is cool as gently caress

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Both, it looks like the guys on the bigger bikes aren't using anywhere near the entire width of the track in the corners. The guy on the 250 has much better lines

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

A history of F1 from a non fan:

Inception
Invention
80s
A bunch of people kept dying so they made things safer

FTFY

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
They just need to make a version with the 5.2L flat plane

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Noise

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
The rear end on the GTA car looks better

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Rotas suck mostly because they steal designs. Someone worked hard to come up with those designs. Many cheap wheels are fine for road use, but if you like a certain aesthetic design you should buy the real thing or not buy it at all. You're taking some designer's / engineer's hard work and making GBS threads on it.

If it's a replica of a factory wheel / something out of production it's not particularly egregious, but reps of aftermarket wheels that are still available are lovely practice that should not be rewarded with your business.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Don't be so quick to judge that, I have a friend who flew a few states away and drove back an old Nova he bought with his own money. He was 14 at the time. He's like 21 now and is almost done building a 37 model t hot rod

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I don't know poo poo about cars that old, so 37 Ford I guess? Flathead and stuff

e: '30 Model A with a '47 flathead

ee: He graduated high school here in TN and moved to Ventura to build hot rods immediately afterwards, kid's AI as gently caress

Party Alarm fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 19, 2015

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

The convertible is gorgeous. The coupe not so much.

Better Daytona

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
The Vintage at the Vineyards

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Look at that brake caliper. SHENANIGANS

Also that's probably an interfooler

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
That caliper really looks like a fake cover and its triggering me :(

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Would it be frowned upon to start a rainbow based car game given the ruling today?

Here's a nice red Alfa 33 Stradale

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Here's a giant pride flag for reference, and a nice orange 2002!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I think you need to change your username to Them Folk.

I have a boner for third gen vipers. I hope they're cheap one day