Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

If this isn't AI, I don't know what is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

:downs: The car. Who's a special lil' guy? You are!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Then:

And now:

Same driver.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'm still butthurt that the G8 Camino never happened.

Oh, but it did. Just not in the American market, you'd have to travel to Australia to get one. It was the Holden SS Ute: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Ute

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Poontach.jpg

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Hog Obituary posted:

If this isn't AI then I don't know what is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqy98hcMV9w

Actual movie scene, but embedding appears to be disabled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z20VLywhpnY&t=519s

God drat! Tommy Lee Jones looked like a caveman in the 80's. Some people really do get better with age. Oh yeah, I was supposed to focus on the cars huh.. :eng99:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I think this goes in here:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

It's been too long..

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

My parents had a Chris Craft Capri when I was growing up and every year from 8th grade to my senior year in high school I had the pleasure of scraping/sanding/filling screw holes/refinishing the bottom. All I see there is a maintenance nightmare gently caress wood boats in their sorry asses. That boat alone turned me off of ever wanting to own a boat in my life.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

rscott posted:

My grandparents had a fiberglass cabin cruiser, which wasn't so bad maintenance wise, just had to scrape and paint the hull every year but at the marina their boat was hosed at there were a few pretty big cris crafts and the amount of money/time those things take to keep in shape is ridiculous. Would never own a wooden boat unless I was a millionaire.

My parents got a fiberglass cabin cruiser a few years after I moved out, they're close to AARP age now and they just got probably their last cabin cruiser until they get too old to be bothered with boating anymore.
To answer a question earlier, the reason we took care of it is because my dad is a hands on type person. He grew up in the poor part of a lovely town and woodworking was something he enjoyed as a hobby. When he wasn't doing his regular business tell people what to do and when thing, he was woodworking and a Chris Craft was in his eyes the crown jewel of wood working/restoration. I didn't do all the work myself, obviously the first 2-3 years I did everything along side him until he was comfortable enough to let me do a side and he did the other. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing some wood/restoration work myself, but not exercises in futility such as what a boat in the delta is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Saw this, this past weekend: