Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

This just turned up at work and I would love the exact thing but in a short wheelbase
Ive got a weird decision to make. Focus ST, Librty GT wagon or Defender 90 in Keswick green as above.....

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Cross post from GBS
I had a cursory look but didn't see it anywhere here, look at this rear end in a top hat:

After looking at Toyota Lexcen ads I wondered if anyone had made a sleeper out of one, how have I never seen this before?
http://www.motormag.com.au/features/1605/toyota-lexcen-ultimate-sleeper/
sorry if it is a bit AI but loving hell it is ridiculous
stroked 6.6 litre L98
home made AWD system using chevy blazer and holden adventra bits
home made independent suspension
The owner describes himself as "a tinkerer"

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Sorry for this repost, I jumped 300 pages ahead. I remember reading a bunch of facts about Top fuel dragster. Like comparisons to the power output of the first 4 rows of an F1 grid, and the fact they have totally destroyed their sparks plugs halfway through the 1/4 mile and are actually dieseling the rest of the way

https://youtu.be/w1DHXazF6D4

That g Meter and fuel guage....

Apparently they use a quarter of their fuel in staging and burnout. I don't get passionate about drags but gently caress me do I respect it

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

https://www.facebook.com/aufalcons/

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I assume all camira's rusted into the earth in the early 2000's at the very latest. I remember there being a trend for hotting them up along with geminis around 2004-06 but once they all rusted out they seemed to have fully disappeared which I can't say I'm entirely sad about.

My mates dad was a holden salesman in the 90s and I used to think it was cool how he got driven around in all these different coloured cars that smelt new

Just how in the gently caress did people "hot up" front wheel drive holdens though? Geminis would have been fun to hot up at least, before they rusted

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Great pics but this one would be great to show how turbos work

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

It's important to note that the GR Yaris has very little to do with the standard Yaris outside of a few small things like wing mirrors and interior fittings. It's made on a totally separate line, like the Focus RS vs Normal focus. For 30k pounds, they cannot be making money.

It was initially sold here in Oz for a ridiculous 39990 +orc, but they ran out in minutes. They are now $55 drive away for the standard, and about $60k drive away for the Rallye. For what they are, they are genuinely cheap.

Golf's are boring and absolutely everywhere, but you can get 5 doors I guess?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I drover my brothers ex girlfriend Kona and was shocked at how well sorted it felt. You are a lunatic if you think modern Hyundai's are junk.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Night Danger Moose posted:

Gonna throw my 2c in with Enkei RPF1s. I haven't seen a vehicle they look bad on yet. I don't run them myself but everything I've seen them on looks great. Of course, I've only seen them on newer vehicles - I think the oldest was a 2013ish civic? - but nothing has looked bad.

I am trying to work out what wheels to put on my altezza, and RPF1s are certainly in the mix. However I feel like both TE37s and RPF1s are a bit overplayed. Would love something a bit more unique but still cool

edit: at the moment it is sitting on loving 18MY corolla wheels or similar, because thats what it came with when I bought it. I have no doubt it came with amazing wheels when it was imported and they swapped them out for these wheels

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Very good suggestion. In a similar vein, I saw some compmotive lancia delta style wheels on facebook, and while they would probably look loving weird on a rwd toyota, I would love to see if they would work.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

big dong wanter posted:

It's still going to blow a headgasket somehow

Also it will blow a bearing if it revs about 20k RPM

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

With a couple of very high profile yooootooobers using El Caminos as drag car or burnout cars the chances of getting a cheap El Camino to manual convert would be getting slimmer by the day

Is this not true for literally anything these days?
We can no longer have nice things

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Anything Prodrive is rad and AI as gently caress, get outta here with your logic and financial arguments

It's also not that pricey when you consider the cost of a clapped out 22b

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Had I the means, I'd sooner have one of these than a faster much more expensive cookie cutter hyper car. I mean all your Koenigsegg and McLaren's are cool but honestly I can barely tell them apart.

I agree with the comments on the tweet above about the wheels being too big though. If it's necessary for the brakes I guess it's ok, but asthetically it's the only thing I don't love about that car

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

/\/\ maybe. But there could be one or two of the 25 that just love the concept and want to drive the gently caress out of it. I imagine with such a tiny production run there would be some sort of vetting process

Why the malaise posting? Sheesh (not directed at poster above me)

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Frankly I don't even think £500k is all that much for a 1 off 25- unit run of a car like the Prodrive. The economy of scale really doesn't favour such a production run

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I remember seeing the press shot like a year ago. I am shocked its running Subaru boxer tbh

This one

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 3, 2022

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Hyundai designers have been belting it out of the park recently. The cars themself have been good reliable cars for a long time now, but recently with the concepts and the N line they genuinely have become desirable. A work mate recently got a loving Sonata N-Line of all cars and it looks fantastic.

Korean cars are the new Japanese cars

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

this is potentially triggering to anyone who is overly precious about cars.

https://twitter.com/akira_nvrsuc/status/1556917975051284486?s=20&t=T4ohTGtlM7xHfvYMfsowVg

Needs muddies to get the real tears flowing

I like it. Drive the loving car. If you can fix it up and make it nice and new, even better

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I love that poo poo. Not to state the obvious, but a manual would complete it. The wheels look like a nightmare to keep clean though.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Ah, that explains why the car was going backwards. (It's a "drains go in the opposite direction" joke, not a "Australians can't drive" joke.)

Actually it's drains in the northern hemisphere that go backwards and it's the northern hemisphere that is upside down.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

How about this fun fact

A (middle aged) workmate made something disgusting with his late father

https://imgur.com/a/WjN3poR

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 23, 2022

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

:hmmyes:, Australia is a simulation

Everything outside of Australia (and New Zealand)is a simulation. You're all paid actors. Donald Trump, America and the world in general is a psyop by the ANZAC armies on their respective populations. Nothing exists outside of Australia and NZ.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

This would be fine if it was cut sooner, so it wasn't obvious he was going to drift off the road onto the grass at the end

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

As an Aussie I feel sorry for you poor sods over in the US as it is a veritable JDM paradise over here and it rules.

Thankfully they are sort of loving that up with their 25yo rule.
Thanks to cool cars aging out, as well as yanks paying out the loving nose for shitboxes and hero cars, we all lose out :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

You think that price is crazy, this thing has been for sale for like 5 years from the same dealership in Perth (Aus) and it's dropped in price by about 15k in that time

https://carsforsale.com.au/for-sale/honda/s660/2016/wa/dianella/3WNaKfBsE5AONJ3EL13VfQ

This was an insanely bad buy by this dealer. They have other non liberty walk s660s going for closer to 20k, for comparison.