Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah that interior really drags down the A+ exterior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Keep carpet rolled up under a bench seat, like a thing of saran wrap. Roll out a new section when the old one gets grody.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

right thread

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Admire the effort, but that looks like absolute poo poo. Wrong thread.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

NoWake posted:

I've been following the manufacturer of the kits for a while, so I've seen quite a few finished ones:

These all look great, which makes the original posted look even worse in comparison.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I've never had the chance to sit in a kei truck, how well would a 6'4" large rear end human fare?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Motronic posted:

The swing down sides and hundreds of tie downs is something I've only seen outside of the US. Even the previous run of Rangers in rest-of-world configurations had beds like that available. Always pissed me off that we never got the useful upfits here.

Features that are also available on the $20/hr truck rentals from Home Depot here, which is enough to cover the needs of a ton of people that buy trucks. I rent probably 2-3 times a year, hatchback is plenty the rest of the time.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

lol, defensive much? I don't know that I've ever mentioned truck rentals here, but if you say so. Wasn't commenting on your need or lack thereof at all.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

Maybe I've got the brain rot, but seeing this nice Aztek in the wild made me smile

Breaking Bad is one of the best shows of all time, still wrong thread.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I know it's boomer poo poo, but my office mate is retiring in a few months and got himself a super clean '56 Chevy. Replaces a '71 Corvette convertible that caught fire and burned up earlier this year.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

StormDrain posted:

Also if you want to rib him a bit in his final work months you should point out it has the same paint job as a porta John.

Oh man, it really really does.

Hadlock posted:

:hmmyes:

There's ribbing and then there's soul crushing. I don't know if I could do that to someone

He was already on the fence for a week before pulling the trigger because it was a lighter shade of blue than he wanted, I think that would absolutely crush him.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That's a Geo Tracker I'm pretty sure. Friend had one in HS, used to get in all sorts of crazy places with it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Just came across this pic of Steve McQueen in his '57 300 SL, what a gorgeous car.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I need to hear this

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah that thing rules.

I want one but made up like the A-Team van.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hadlock posted:

1931 Invicta Type LS 4.5 Litre Low Chassis Coupé

http://www.autoconcept-reviews.com/...2nvicta-s1.html

Clown shoe of the 30s vibe, I dig it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

Spotted this bad boy outside my friend's bar last night:

I happened to be shooting an event there - lots of portraits and group shots - so I had my camera with a 50mm prime lens. Someone pointed at the road and I spun around, let out a huge *GASP* and screamed "THAT'S MY FAVOURITE CAR!!!"

I hope you track this guy down and send him a print, because that is badass.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/CPcI4xg.mp4

I have to see this IRL at some point

Monster Jam is such a good time. Extremely glad I have a 4 year old nephew that's super into monster trucks, or I might have never made it to an event.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wrong thread! I hate everything about that.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hadlock posted:

Is the CLA was the mercedes ford taurus for the $30,000 millionaire crowd

My uncle bought a Mercedes 300E in 1990 and tried to trick all the kids into thinking that it was a Ford Taurus with fake badges. My youngest brother is still convinced that it was.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That is cool as hell, I love how excited Mike gets about it. Wheeler Dealers is still the best car show on tv, I hope Elvis sticks around for a while.

In other news, I knew Australia was crazy for utes, but I somehow have never seen this glorious bastard before.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Humphreys posted:

We have the same thing as a wagon too. This is a little modifiied but I used to have one as a 'softroader' to carry my camera equipment around the western parts of QLD and NSW to sites.

Glorious!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Still rear-engined too

And air-cooled!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

:hellyeah: working condition?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Finger Prince posted:

When a Cadillac and a Pontiac love each other very much, and decide to make a baby, despite being too genetically different to produce viable offspring.

And then that baby grows up and develops an inflation fetish. Wrong thread on that beast.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I wish I had a better pic handy, but my buddy has an M5 in "snapper rocks blue" and it's one of the best colors I've seen in person.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Holy gently caress

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I still can't get over the color on that beauty. Just absolute perfection.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

:perfect:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Every vehicle in both this and Fury Road belongs in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMuhwVlca4

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

This is pretty awesome AI poo poo, local guy just took his Suburban past the 1-million-mile mark. Had the valves redone around 400k miles, but it's all original aside from that.

https://journalstar.com/news/local/...aa47362afa.html

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Large Testicles posted:

both my parents had og 70 240z's when they were younger too, mom had a green one and dad's was black and i've never forgiven either of them for selling them

My dad had a '74 RX-3 and sold it after I was born, and you'd better believe I still give him poo poo about that.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Looks like it's finally happening, and the N Vision 74 is going into production. Sadly it's a monkeys paw situation, only 100 will be built and 30 are reserved for internal use.

https://jalopnik.com/hyundai-n-vision-74-ev-70-street-legal-examples-sale-1851107872

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Those Lada Nivas own bones. Speaking of, the new Rivian R3X give me strong Niva vibes, as well as Lancia Delta and I'm now thinking about putting a deposit on one when able.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Darchangel posted:

:same:
Also early VW Golf/Rabbit with big tires.

Edit: to be clear, this is a good thing.

Yup! I once owned an 84 Rabbit so this is ticking all the right boxes for me.