Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

FIRST TIME posted:

I like how each new model is the natural progression from the previous without losing the aesthetic appeal that makes it so recognizable and iconic.

If only other manufacturers would do the same. I'm looking at you BMW. :smith:

I feel your pain :( This was the last good-looking BMW:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Terrible Robot posted:

Your dad is so much more AI than mine, not fair :saddowns:. My dad would maybe impress the guys in SH/SC but this is soo much cooler, goddamn.

Your dad never read Chilton's guides to you when you were little? :confused:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Not enough :911: in this thread.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Devyl fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 8, 2012

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Surely not...

Also, where does one find an old Viper engine?

The guy found the motor & engine on Ebay for $600! Also, it mounts to standard Dodge Ram motor mounts; and those motor mounts fit almost anything. The only problem is how BIG the motor is.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

VikingSkull posted:

The SRT Ram motor mounts are specifically designed for the SRT Rams. The whole chassis under an SRT Ram is noticeably different than a regular Ram is, you couldn't just buy a Viper V10 and slide it into a Hemi Rams engine bay. It's not that different, though, so you could modify a regular Ram quite easily to accept a V10. The V10 and 6 speed gearbox was only offered in the SRT-10 package, so all the crossmembers and such are different.

Really? Because the guy building it said he used the v10 mounts from a 3/4 ton and they fit ok. Of course, fab from the mount to the chassis might require some work.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
It looks like they're trying to just stuff everything into & onto the motor. For space and weight savings, this is a brilliant idea... But the first time you have to do more than change the oil it looks like a nightmare to tear into.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Ain't got nothin' on a quad with 20"s.

Now, let's get this thread back on track. Enjoy some wheelstands:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Nelson Racing Engines' 1969 Camaro got a bit of an update:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Tusen Takk posted:

engineering stuff

A buddy of mine has an Engineer's Guide from the 20's for a coffeetable book. It's pretty cool to see diagrams of overly complex machinery with close-up exploded views of small parts.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

drgitlin posted:

I imagine the danger is being told "sorry sir, your warranty is no longer valid and we can't say your car is safe anymore because you didn't replace the wheels at 10000 miles like we told you to" if you don't do it. It seems that most of these cars get sold rather than have people worry about that.

You don't have to purchase new wheels every 10k miles. Every fourth tire change, you have to get them X-Rayed for hairline fractures caused by driving at high speeds. No cracks? You're good. If they find one, you need a replacement wheel. The X-Ray service costs $45,000.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Although optional, the X-Ray test is a bit of leverage (and smarts) for Bugatti(VW) to keep themselves in the clear in case of a high speed failure involving the wheel fracturing at extreme speed. If someone were to drive a Veyron to 250 mph and have a wheel shatter due to cracks, that's a potential lawsuit. This way, Bugatti can simply state that the person involved in the accident didn't follow suggested maintenance, so it's not their fault.

*edit* Awesome wheels. I love these. Are they stock?

Devyl fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Dec 6, 2012

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

The only car thats ever made me vom.

Is... Is that Keanu Reeves?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Endless Mike posted:

I saw this while walking around yesterday.

I agree with this. Any more pics per chance?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
No one cares about batteries. We care about awesome AI car poo poo.

(technically a boat motor, but it's still AI as hell)

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Get tons of pics of the McLaren F1 next to it. Also, you must drive it. For all of us.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
*edit* ^^^ THAT SPOOL-UP, HOLY poo poo.

Devyl fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 9, 2013

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Is it just me or has the XJ220 been popping up a lot? I've always wanted one.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
You want a different kind of AI awesomeness? This:

I'm currently writing an article about the woman in the white shirt. Not only does she build and work on cars from the 50's & 60's, but she's also one of the women responsible for wrenching on the SEMA Mustang Build Powered By Women. Oh and this picture? Well, when she isn't busy working on cars, she's busy working with a few middle and high schools with a program that helps younger teenage girls realize that anyone can work on cars; not just guys. That's pretty friggin' awesome in my book!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
From a technical aspect, the C7 makes me happy. I'm absolutely FLOORED that Chevrolet put this much effort into the Corvette. It's just that body style that I can't get over yet. Maybe I just need some more time with it. Enjoy some awesome high-res parts pics!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Considering previous generations of the Corvette? Yes. Guess I should've seen it coming though with the ZR1 and the ZL1 & 1LE Camaro.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Willfrey posted:

Not going to lie, that Ford Fusion looks pretty cool

Glad you like it, because the 2015 Mustang will be taking some serious styling cues from it. I have a feeling when it finally gets revealed, it'll be in the same three threads as the C7 Corvette.

Tusen Takk posted:

GM has really stepped up their game, especially with all the European and Japanese sports cars that it's competing with on top of the American Pony cars. I wish that they'd do more with the sport compact lines, though I do think the new Buick Regal RS is incredibly good looking :allears:. I'd really love to see an AWD Rallysport come out of the American car companies, GM especially. Ford has the Focus that it can play with, and it looks like they've made an AWD Fusion that looks like a baby Jaguar/Aston Martin/Evo X mashup.

I'd like to credit the GT-R 35 for that; as it dominated everything put against it for the first year or two it was out. Rally racing isn't too popular on the American side... Yet. Red Bull and Monster are in the process of changing that though, with people like Travis Pastrana & Ken Block making huge splashes with all the kids now.

Devyl fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 15, 2013

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Tusen Takk posted:

I never really thought of that till you mentioned it; I've always considered the GT-R R35 as a supercar only slightly more obtainable than a Lambo or an Aston Martin. Isn't the cheapest model like $90,000? I'm glad Red Bull and Monster are getting more people into it, I've noticed that alot of my friends that I grew up surfing(in Australia), skateboarding, and longboarding with have moved from extreme sports to things like drift-events and Rallysport events. At least Petrolheads are getting to be better thought of than just rednecks who want to go fast, though here in Detroit, where a huge amount of people have some sort of hot rod or classic car, it's more common to be a Petrolhead then when I was in Australia.

Brand new you're looking at around 95k plus dealer mark-up. Depending on the alignment of the stars and planets, you can get an '09 or '10 model for around $50,000 used. I want one so bad too. Yeah, it's becoming the big thing here in the states to find top-tier athletes in extreme sports and shove them in a Subaru/Ford on a rally course to get big profits. Of course, there's also the video game sponsorships. For example Vaughn Gitten Jr. and his role in NFS:S2. Great game, but you can't bypass the screens of him talking and plastered in Ford & Falken logos. Of course he does drift and was never an extreme sports athlete, but you get where I'm going with this.

Devyl fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 15, 2013

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Also, Koenigsegg is trying to bust the Veyron's balls at the top speed record.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

angryhampster posted:

Click for huge.

Get ready for another three pages of talking about how big wheels on old cars should/shouldn't be there and why you should/shouldn't bag a big old car.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Shut up about that "sheer" crap. Post more awesome AI poo poo!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Must be nice to have access to something like a 23 axes CNC machine and the ability to use it for whatever you want. Also, it was great until it got painted the Gulf livery.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
When I become rich enough to do so, I'm buying about 100 acres and building a dirt track, paved track, and 1/4 strip.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Please make my life complete by telling me that isn't a photoshop. I love the thought of hitting the straights at 160+ and mashing the banana button.

Thanks for the new wallpaper :)

Devyl fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 29, 2013

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Sagebrush posted:

For now. Is this the third or the fourth time he's totaled it?

He's only totaled it twice, but this last bill for his insurance company was insane. £900,000 ($1,400,000 for us 'Muricans) was the total cost.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Tusen Takk posted:

He reminds me of all the kids I tried to avoid in highschool.

I'd have a beer with him. That RX-7 is the ultimate in automotive trolling, next to the horribly painted procharged Corvette.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Ultimateforce's great-great-grandpappy:

Great life insurance plan:

People and cars were so much more fun and care-free back in the day :allears:

Devyl fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 13, 2013

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Indeed. But I love the red color they used in one of them. Gallery

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

jamal posted:

Yes, I'm sure you see one of 500 cars ever made drive past every 1/2 hour.

Maybe it's the same person doing practice laps?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
A pretty beat-up Kaiser that was saved from the junkyard for $150 went from this:

to this:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
The new MCM episode was great.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!