Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

veedubfreak posted:

Sweet 2.5 second reaction time there.

You can tell he's still new to it. No cage and a laptop just sitting on the seat next to him. And we all know pros use a good two-step launch control to spool up. Still impressive for what he's done to an old Fairmont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

KozmoNaut posted:

It's aged at least 4 years, but they don't print it on the bottle for some reason.

Tastes like rear end compared to real whisky, anyway.

Jack Daniels is aged 7 years. That's why it's called number 7.

Awesome car stuff: I still love the Mazda Furai concept

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I love advertisements from the 80's & early 90's. Most of them were in your face with "our car is better than their car" attitudes. Volvo was probably the best at it.

(if anyone can find this in a bigger resolution that would be awesome)

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

zinc68 posted:

I work at a print shop, and need to cycle the ink in our large format printer. Think I just found out my "test' print image. Awesome.

I would LOVE a huge print of that picture. I have a weak spot for McLaren though.

Lately I've really been getting into turbocharged S2000s.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Stardotstar posted:

Cattiness aside, can anyone explain why one would want twin turbos on an I-4 application? Or is this just a "because I can afford it" showcar frivolity?

See also: content

As long as you use two smaller turbos on two cylinders each, you'll get pretty close to the same thing as one bigger turbo. But it's mostly just to say "Yeah well I have a twin-turbo S2000".

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Speaking of Lotuses (Lotusii?), I came across an Evora S Today.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
That pink beetle makes me think of lowriders. And I love well-executed over-the-top lowriders.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I wonder what the comp ratio is... Because if it's low enough I'm pretty sure two of these are mandatory:

:getin:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

If I owned that, I would constantly be looking for excuses to go to the store.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Gassers are pretty awesome :)

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

What're they for? Wheelies? I don't understand the purpose of the front lift, or much else for that matter.

To be totally bad-rear end and awesome. The entire concept of the gasser was to go against the trend of sleek low cars on the strip and to piss off the neighbors at 3 in the morning on your way back. Read this.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Team140 posted:

This is why gassers came about, not to be all "LOOK AT ME!!!"

During this time, the power cars were putting out were much more than the tires of the day could hook up with. Racers tried all sorts of things from lead bumpers to fiberglass and aluminum front ends to get a higher percentage of weight on the rear tires. With the front end lifted high in the air, the engine raised on its mounts only in the front and moving the rear axle forward put the center of gravity higher and further back in relation to the center of the wheelbase allowing for a much harsher force pushing the rear tires down upon launch when the weight transfer happens. Not long after that someone at a tire company decided there's a market for wide, sticky tires and the gassers faded away as the tires became the easiest thing to do to get traction.

EDIT: The altered wheelbase design was originally thought up by the factory Mopar race team to give them an advantage over the rules imposed on them for stock-type cars.

Just repeating what the old guys who race them told me a few times, but we all know how they are :) You're 100% right in the technical aspect!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Pagani doesn't get in because it looks like a steampunk convention took place all over the dash :colbert:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Linedance posted:

what is this one from? Gorgeous.

The Bugatti is very nice but completely let down by the terrible generic VW negative LCD in the middle. RR, as usual, pure class.

It's actually a SAAB piece from their Aero X concept. Here's the full dash:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I think the GT-R should only come in obscene colors.

(this one looks kinda photoshopped. If not, that's drat bright yellow)

And black.