Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

hosed if I know where this goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It does remind me that I ought to be referring to Cybertruks as Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrusts whenever I see one.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That's absolutely hilarious. Wrong thread.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Is… is it a Fiero?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm thinking more golf cart.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

david_a posted:

Is… is it a Fiero?

Uh, it's pretty obviously a CYB3RTRUKK.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Uh, it's pretty obviously a CYB3RTRUKK.

Its dash is a P-P-P-Powerbook!

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

The Door Frame posted:

Why are plastic retaining clips not standardized in any way? I want to be able to go to autozone and replace the ones that inevitably break, not have to go to a dealership and hope they have a weird shaped clip in inventory, and then pay $3 apiece so I can finish working that same day

Harbor freight has assortments that I use for exactly this reason. I’ve asp bought packs on eBay as well.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Into the trash

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

goofy golf cart parade floats are always good car stuff

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Probably more reliable and more even panel gaps

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Speleothing posted:

Car wash mode is because they didn't include "Neutral"

Random weird car trivia poo poo...don't judge me...

Ferraris from years back have a car wash mode. More of a gearing thing if I recall correctly for the transmission.

My Merc, wish it had a car wash mode. Going through, it's a usual array of faulty German engineering sensors that would make you think you were in a launch silo for a nuclear attack with all the warning poo poo.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

The Door Frame posted:

Why are plastic retaining clips not standardized in any way? I want to be able to go to autozone and replace the ones that inevitably break, not have to go to a dealership and hope they have a weird shaped clip in inventory, and then pay $3 apiece so I can finish working that same day

13 types of clips?
We should just just make one standard clip for everything.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Speleothing posted:

13 types of clips?

Why are there 14 types of clips?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Speleothing posted:

Why are there 14 types of clips?
14 types of clips?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

14 clips are enough for everybody.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

They should come up with a new name for it, then.

Data Graham posted:

This is obviously some strange meaning of the word “stainless” that I wasn’t previously aware of

Yeah, "stainless" steel is a bit of a misnomer, especially since it's applied to a wide range of generally rust-resistant steel alloys. Some are better at not rusting than others, but all of them show fingerprints and such like gangbusters...
The one chosen for the Cybertrukk is not the best choice.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Theres several grades of stainless and musk slammed his face on the one common grade that rusts because it can be hardened. The delorean solved this 40 years ago and that only gets pitting corrosion, not huge rust stains, because its made from a sane grade of stainless.

There are stainless steels with great corrosion resistance and are able to be hardened but those are expensive and the processes needed to work them and harden them also expensive.

This.

quote:

I am impressed at the depths of denial about musks grifts and how these total marks keep falling for it

VV because he keeps getting rewarded for his mistakes and praised by sycophants and when he does face material consequences theyre so tiny to him relatively it doesnt matter

He's king stupid. All of his followers are stupid, possibly more stupid, OR are committed to the grift, knowing that Elon is stupid and will never catch on their con.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Has any person in the history of humanity ever fully exposed what a know-nothing dipshit they are faster and in a shorter time span than Musk?

Trouble is, no one but us seems to care, and we have no power. That's what's disappointing. There's never been more proof that money is the only thing that means anything to a disturbing number of people.

The Door Frame posted:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

maybe find a bag of 500 of them on ebay

I got a big variety pack in an organizer.
I can also 3D print them, because a lot of nerds with 3D printers are just as annoyed as you.

Hello, blast from the past.
Still one of the greatest trolls of a scammer ever.

Krakkles posted:

14 types of clips?

Why are there 15 types of clips?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

if the eu can finally force apple to adopt usb-c, anything is possible

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Data Graham posted:

It does remind me that I ought to be referring to Cybertruks as Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrusts whenever I see one.

That is clearly unfair to Geoff, as he actually underwent rigorous crash testing.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Elon doesn't believe in trains, proof :

https://i.imgur.com/gdsUYPO.mp4

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 19, 2024

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Darchangel posted:

He's king stupid. All of his followers are stupid, possibly more stupid, OR are committed to the grift, knowing that Elon is stupid and will never catch on their con.

penelope scott // rät (lyrics)

quote:

You promised to be Tesla, but you’re just another Edison

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

that's really fun, thank you for sharing

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
And seemed to match my own experience. I vaguely remember having positive feelings of him and that seems like a lifetime away, but that's probably like few years.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

he didn’t seem so bad when he came off as just an eccentric business guy trying to make mass-market EVs. the combo of “richest guy in the world” and “alt-right memelord” is a really insanely rotten vibe though. also it seems like the cars kind of suck now

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
The cars were always one trick ponies that overpromised and underdelivered. Not that they had bad engineers - their engineers were fantastic. But the ownership instilled a culture of mediocrity and leader worship that pushed out the good folks and, well, you see the results. The cybertruck is the result of yes-men.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Data Graham posted:

This is obviously some strange meaning of the word “stainless” that I wasn’t previously aware of

Bet the Dentrassi could get it cleaned up though.

On further thought - the Cyberturd definitely seems like the sort of car a Vogon would drive.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Anyone want to armchair scientist this? My thought is that as an EV they (manufacturer) assumed it would be utilising regen for a significant amount of braking force generally. So when that was turned to low or off on the track the little pads in the calipers simply could not handle the physics of a 5000lb car braking heavily on a track.

https://twitter.com/DriveGreen80167/status/1778523665627595238?t=Jt0nGsIdx-TvAjIGCfjU4A&s=19

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Anyone want to armchair scientist this? My thought is that as an EV they (manufacturer) assumed it would be utilising regen for a significant amount of braking force generally. So when that was turned to low or off on the track the little pads in the calipers simply could not handle the physics of a 5000lb car braking heavily on a track.

https://twitter.com/DriveGreen80167/status/1778523665627595238?t=Jt0nGsIdx-TvAjIGCfjU4A&s=19

That looks like even less pad area than the big reds on my 987 and they've only got 3k lbs to deal with. What a disaster, especially with how big the actual calipers are. Looks like there's plenty of area available on the pad, too, so I'm not sure why they've got that funny step in them. Maybe to save wear and tear on the discs?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The absolute gently caress? Those are the kind of pads you would use on the rear of a single pot setup and like said there is plenty of pad area availible even with the absurdly small area allowed for, I have zero idea why you would even consider that outside of pedal feel? Second thought was those can not be possibly be Brembos, Tesla use a similar sized one that is a Brembo made in Mexico with much lager pad but even if the car is Chinese, surely Brembo would come after them for illegal brand use?

Then I did have a thought, they may be compensating for lack of brake boost, a large four pot (and I'm pulling this out of my rear end, someone can run the math) exterting a lot of force on a small area would allow for a lower pedal pressure (with approriate brake master) required esp given EV's cant have engine vaccuum assisted brakes thence with an pad that actually IS the right size,the pedal may have been too heavy / lacked any feel? The more I think along those lines, the more likely it seems to be - that pad would be able to generate a lot of force in a narrow area at the cost of heat and need less brake pressure to do it.

Again straight pulling that thought out of my rear end, feel free to disprove the idea but I think it's the likely explaination

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is a tragedy but also funny.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Again straight pulling that thought out of my rear end, feel free to disprove the idea but I think it's the likely explaination

I mean that's why I asked for people's thoughts on it!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I mean that's why I asked for people's thoughts on it!

My back of a napkin math is saying the pad size and shape would lead to a three fold increase in clamping pressure for the same force extorted on the master cylinder due to the reduction in surface area the pad is working on over a regular Brembo pad and if I dig out the Willwood brake master sizing quite possibly with pedal ratios factored in lead to not needing a booster at all.

I have to underline this is still to be taken as a straight out rear end pull thought tho and I may have done it very wrong. If someone wants to prove or disprove, you can have a avatar change on the house because I'm interested to see if my reasoning here stands to scrutiny.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The winner should get an avatar from Tommy Boy

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

charliemonster42 posted:

Bet the Dentrassi could get it cleaned up though.

On further thought - the Cyberturd definitely seems like the sort of car a Vogon would drive.

While screaming out the third worst poetry in the universe. Or was it the second worst?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The third worst.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

ili posted:

The third worst.

Got ya.

So elon is pretty much grunthos the flatulent then eh?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s a Chinese car. A giant caliper with a tiny pad is entirely on brand. It’s like an SSD but when you open it it’s merely a thumb drive and some lead weights.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

It’s a Chinese car. A giant caliper with a tiny pad is entirely on brand. It’s like an SSD but when you open it it’s merely a thumb drive and some lead weights.

BMW does the same on the New i7, what part of China are they from?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its a tech company making a car having stupid ideas is a trend at this point.
Similar offerings from BYD dont have this problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

BMW does the same on the New i7, what part of China are they from?

Hahaha what in the gently caress