Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Looks kinda like the bottom of a vacuum cleaner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

The Door Frame posted:

The 05 style was sold as new up until 2015

That particular nose only lasted until 09, later S197s had different looking noses.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

PainterofCrap posted:

You beached the frame on the curb.

I beached an '06 Windstar, overloaded far over gross with people & luggage, driving over a concrete parking-lot stop. The sound was horrendous - but there was no damage.

IOW the sound's the worst part. Had you actually pranged something, it would show up in your front-end alignment (steering behaving slightly wonky)

The little air dam under the radiator on my Crown Victoria just scrapes almost every parking berm, shortly before the tires touch. It doesn’t make much noise going forward into the spot, but oh boy it sounds horrible backing out. No damage, but what a noise! So I tend to back in a lot - which is actually easier to line up and get as close in as possible because I have a reversing camera and actually adjusted the lines to approach reality.

wesleywillis posted:

I've never driven a Kei truck, but I've driven a few cab over hinos and while I can vouch fir the forward visibility and turning radius, I can tell you that every other pick up truck I've been in, from gmc 25-3500s, various Toyota tundra, rangers, fords of the f 2 and 350 variety has been infinitely more comfortable both loaded and unloaded, anywhere from marginally (single cab) to way more ("four door" but not crew cab) spacious and was much faster also loaded and unloaded. Which is nice for merging safely on the highway and fuel economy for the cab overs was worse because keeping up with traffic, going up steep hills while loaded and merging pretty much required the pedal to be glued to the floor. So much so I actually had problems with my right Achilles tendon for a while because I had to keep my foot at a weird angle to keep the poo poo floored just to get anywhere. God help the poor bastard who g
Has to sit in the middle seat in one of these things.
I understand that trucks these days don't need 5000 million horsepower and torque, that's just a dick waving contest, but given the choice, gently caress that poo poo. I'll take the fuckin pick up truck.

I guess I am weak and have a small dick because I enjoy comfort.

The solution to the merging problem there is the NPRs that had a Vortec or LSx V8 in them from the factory!

Midjack posted:

25 year rule in the US, anything newer than April 1999 is federally illegal for road use.

And some states even that’s not good enough, which boggles my mind.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Q_res posted:

That particular nose only lasted until 09, later S197s had different looking noses.

this argument is terrible car stuff

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I will defend this.

This is in no way good, but I will defend it. We need occasional madness like this.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

now i want to see a youtube video of the builder taking it to various volkswagen and/or mustang meets

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I will defend this.

This is in no way good, but I will defend it. We need occasional madness like this.

Modifying the front of bugs was a cottage industry in the 60s and 70s. Some of them were really good, or at least really fun.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Deteriorata posted:

Modifying the front of bugs was a cottage industry in the 60s and 70s. Some of them were really good, or at least really fun.

That Beetle rules.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Deteriorata posted:

This should be posted in the other thread.

Not trying to invoke anything by saying this, I know you're posting it as an example only.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Deteriorata posted:

There was a company, Wunderbug, that specialized in these front ends. They fit really well. My neighbor had a '37 Ford grille on his '71.

Rolls-Royce eventually told them to knock it off.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Gives me an AI vibe

slidebite fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 17, 2024

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Deteriorata posted:

Giant, empty front trunk

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Major contradiction.

It thirsts for crowds, but it’s so slow that they can all easily get out of the way.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Needs a whale tail, but still wrong thread.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

So they were billing this as something you could drive on another planet, a car fit for the apocalypse aaaaaand it breaks if you take it to a car wash.

I LOVE THIS STUPID CAR SO MUCH! ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT!

https://twitter.com/StonkKing4/status/1780306557538050532?t=x8668nqlD7DWbjMt8qhz1A&s=19

*edit: can we talk about the invention if something called car wash mode for this special snowflake of a vehicle? I just fire water at my car and it's fine, it's not even supposed to be a tough car, it's a little shitbox and yet it somehow doesn't die because it gets wet.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 17, 2024

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Car wash mode is because they didn't include "Neutral"

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I have no idea what a car wash mode would do on a vehicle other than turn off any rain sensors and make sure the windows are closed all the way. Unless it's a snitch mode to secretly rat you out

E: oh yeah, there isn't a shifter

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Olympic Mathlete posted:

So they were billing this as something you could drive on another planet, a car fit for the apocalypse aaaaaand it breaks if you take it to a car wash.

I LOVE THIS STUPID CAR SO MUCH! ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT!

https://twitter.com/StonkKing4/status/1780306557538050532?t=x8668nqlD7DWbjMt8qhz1A&s=19

*edit: can we talk about the invention if something called car wash mode for this special snowflake of a vehicle? I just fire water at my car and it's fine, it's not even supposed to be a tough car, it's a little shitbox and yet it somehow doesn't die because it gets wet.

That first caution is :psyboom:

Can someone explain that to me?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

That first caution is :psyboom:

Can someone explain that to me?

You really shouldn’t wash any car in direct sunlight due to the potential of the soapy water drying on the paint, but the CyberDumpster is stainless steel, and will literally stain if you do it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

You really shouldn’t wash any car in direct sunlight due to the potential of the soapy water drying on the paint, but the CyberDumpster is stainless steel, and will literally stain if you do it.

They should come up with a new name for it, then.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Speleothing posted:

l
m
a
o

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This is obviously some strange meaning of the word “stainless” that I wasn’t previously aware of

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Inflammable means flammable? What a country!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Do not wash happy fun ball.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theres several grades of stainless and musk slammed his face on the one common grade that rusts because it can be hardened. The delorean solved this 40 years ago and that only gets pitting corrosion, not huge rust stains, because its made from a sane grade of stainless.

There are stainless steels with great corrosion resistance and are able to be hardened but those are expensive and the processes needed to work them and harden them also expensive.

I am impressed at the depths of denial about musks grifts and how these total marks keep falling for it

VV because he keeps getting rewarded for his mistakes and praised by sycophants and when he does face material consequences theyre so tiny to him relatively it doesnt matter

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 17, 2024

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Because Musk refuses to do lessons learned and wants to reinvent the god damned wheel all the time for no reason.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

CommieGIR posted:

Because Musk refuses to do lessons learned and wants to reinvent the god damned wheel all the time for no reason.

dude doesn't know how the wheel works in the first place

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

KakerMix posted:

Which is why he thinks it's so easy

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Data Graham posted:

This is obviously some strange meaning of the word “stainless” that I wasn’t previously aware of

It stains less. Unless it’s a Tesla. Then it stains more.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Has any person in the history of humanity ever fully exposed what a know-nothing dipshit they are faster and in a shorter time span than Musk?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

*edit: can we talk about the invention if something called car wash mode for this special snowflake of a vehicle?

Car Wash mode is a thing on all Teslas. What it does is disable all of the stupid automatic features that might be triggered by the brushes and then break, like the automatic windshield wipers, automatic trunk opening when you stand in front of it, automatic charge port door opening when you touch it, etc.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

Car Wash mode is a thing on all Teslas. What it does is disable all of the stupid automatic features that might be triggered by the brushes and then break, like the automatic windshield wipers, automatic trunk opening when you stand in front of it, automatic charge port door opening when you touch it, etc.

The amount of bad engineering in this post hurts.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Look, just because you have to disconnect the negative from the battery every time you get out of the car in order to avoid getting an electric shock, that's simply you being overly critical about a feature that many people enjoy.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Again: Tesla is now (since Musk bought it) a computer company that makes huge (occasionally) self-propelled computer enclosures.

The CYbertrvvcks (which I believe are Musk's vanity project) are not motor vehicles as defined by how they have been designed and built for 120-years, and come to be known by the public; they remain a giant rolling X-Box and fail the same way when used as a motor vehicle outside in the world.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Speleothing posted:

Re: what Sagebrush noted, "free roll mode" is an entirely other stupid thing you have to do to go through a car wash.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Why are plastic retaining clips not standardized in any way? I want to be able to go to autozone and replace the ones that inevitably break, not have to go to a dealership and hope they have a weird shaped clip in inventory, and then pay $3 apiece so I can finish working that same day

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Door Frame posted:

Why are plastic retaining clips not standardized in any way? I want to be able to go to autozone and replace the ones that inevitably break, not have to go to a dealership and hope they have a weird shaped clip in inventory, and then pay $3 apiece so I can finish working that same day

i think you just explained yourself why clips aren't standardized

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

:capitalism:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
maybe find a bag of 500 of them on ebay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

KakerMix posted:

excuuuuse me?