Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
Snapped this on the way home today. You could see the cuts in the wheelwells so the tires didn't rub on them. I like some lowered cars but all the cliches on this one were just too good to pass up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
Drove by this a while ago and couldn't figure out what the hell it could be used for. It's in Albuquerque, NM in the middle of s desert if location helps at all. Click for huge.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
So I was driving along when I saw, this thing...

I pulled into the parking lot to get a closer look because something was just wrong..

Any guesses? Well this should confirm for you what it originally was...

Seriously what in the world? I thought they only did that to old vw bugs..

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Dr.Caligari posted:

That movie owns so hard. In a terrible car-movie way

I started to look and I can't seem to find the movie anywhere (not trying :filez: )

I did find a full size movie poster for it and decided I had to get it for the garage wall. So the kid in me thanks ya'll for bringing it up but my wallet hates ya.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Dr.Caligari posted:

Care to share where you got the poster? :D

Here ya go. It's an original movie display poster, had a friend look at it that collects them and he confirmed. Going to make an obnoxious "go fast" frame for it and put it in my garage. The guy sent it nicely rolled up with a protective sheet of thin paper but it's got a couple of nice creases from people folding it in the last 33 years.

Tindjin fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 4, 2014

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
Saw these two beauties this week.

First up is someone who decided to order everything in the catalog for his new jeep.

It was truly a garage queen extraordinaire.

Second up for your enjoyment is this little gem. Now you might be thinking, "hey some kind of super sports car" but NOPE!. It's a fricken Ford Mustang, 4th gen, probably around a 2002-2004. It turned before I could get a side shot. The roof was chopped, windows were about 6-8 inches high and a ton of Pepboys specials added onto it.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
Saw this on another site, can't remember seeing it in this thread.. Its hard to think of a worse waste of time than building thing thing..

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

razorscooter posted:

I thought the point was more about cheap small cars being fun at normal speeds, while something fast and exotic is only fun at flagrantly illegal speed.

"kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Posted this one a while back..

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
This pulled up at one of my favorite breakfast places in town. Did not think that I'd see one in town and it had local plates.

I know some people might argue this is the wrong thread but in person it really does look idiotic. I watched them pull out and it just didn't look really stable pulling out of a dirt lot and the bumps trying to get onto the street.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
The new Polaris Slingshot

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot?gclid=CPDY_emk58MCFRRgfgodbQ8AsA

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Baller Witness Bro posted:

How does a trike "not look stable"? What does that even mean?

So I was behind it when it was pulling from the parking lot up onto the street. There was a few small divots in the dirt that led up to about a 2ish lip onto the street. They took it at a slight angle and I saw the leading front wheel actually come up off the ground when the other front wheel bumped up to the lip. The whole thing did a bit of a lean over to the back side. Dunno I've ridden one of the Can-Am Spyders and never got that kind of a feeling that I saw happen with what I saw with the slingshot.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Motronic posted:

The story goes that wasn't a a simple matter of being high centered. It was some "dump the suspension" protection measure that got tripped. Of course, everything about the vehicle down to it's weight are classified, so we probably won't know with certainty for at least 50 years.

(note the front suspension as soon as you hear the noise)

You can also hear the BMW that comes out first scrape over the apex also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

atomicthumbs posted:

we usually go on about cars that have spoilers and don't need them. here's a car that needs aero and doesn't have it

Someone please photoshop in Darth Vader using the force to toss the car with some cute saying like he was assaulting a storm trooper who pissed him off.