Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

MiniFoo posted:

giant SUV.

Kia Sportage.

Anyways, she couldn't shift into neutral because she was too busy using her right hand to hold a cell phone so she could cry at 9-1-1 dispatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

The End posted:

I'm inclined to think this is awesome, but I figured this is the safest place to post it. I hope some stupid BMW suv driver pays through the nose to get this plate one day.

I will never understand using a custom plate to say what your car already says less than a foot to the side of that same plate.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Paul Boz_ posted:

My boss just got the curtains done (5% limo on every window except the windshield) on his TL and you literally can't see out of the windows on a sunny day if you're wearing sunglasses. It looks cool but I can't imagine that driving any time after dusk would not be a huge hazard.

My old Supra had 15% tint on the back windows (hatch and triangles) and backing up at night was very scary. I usually rolled the windows down so I could use my mirrors.

I bought the car with the tint, and since I usually only drove it during the day I just left it on.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

drgitlin posted:

I wonder if there are any statistics on how many accidents have been caused by horrible fake spoilers actually increasing rear lift at speed, resulting in horrible oversteery crashes as the back wheels leave the ground in corners?

I doubt any of these cars are fast enough to have it be an issue.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Poing posted:

I honestly can't believe that people are proud of running a half marathon.

Considering how many people who have told me they "can't even run 1 mile," I understand why they might be proud. Americans (in general) are lazy, and proud of it.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Mcqueen posted:

Holy cow, what a dick thing to say.

Running it quickly is one thing. Just about anyone can sign up for a half marathon and finish it in a few hours. The sticker doesn't really elaborate.

Now, finishing an Iron-man Triathlon? That takes some serious guts.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Why can't I see IOC's last post in this thread?
edit: after posting this it popped up. How strange!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, Chooch is working on it.

Does it only happen with moderator posts? Sounds like entrapment, to me. :D

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I thought NC was one of the last places to use an actual sticker, but they went electronic a couple years ago. Y'all need to catch up!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

General_Failure posted:

I'm sure that's terrible car stuff. I'm a horrible bastard at times :(

Yes you are. I hate bashing my shins and knees on removable hitches sticking out from the back of trucks/SUVs when it's dark out. I'm just trying to walk through a parking lot, jerks t:mad:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
And for all that, you still have a windshield which reflects more than enough radar signals.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Seeing the base of the cage poking through the floor of that pic is the worst part.
Did the driver survive?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

drgitlin posted:

At a glance that could be downtown near Archives and the old post office, although thinking about it more, the water feature doesn't familiar.

Isn't this where JFK was shot? I sorta remember it from JFK: Reloaded (yeah....).

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

88h88 posted:

This turned up for a go on the dyno at a place my friend works at. Ford Probe with (the dude said) 30k of stage 3 mods done to it.

So ugly as sin and not very impressive either. Someone else worked out that as the standard V6 Probe came with 164bhp the guy has spent a grand per hp on top. Ouch.

During my first trip to the drag strip with my Supra I got passed by a guy in a Probe.

At the track I located him and found out he was running a turbocharger with some upgrades, and was dying to get into the 13's. He ran a 14.03 on his first run, and on his second he blew a headgasket and dumped a ton of coolant all over the track.

Poor kid :(

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 7, 2013

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

Holy poo poo you're a psychopath. Yeah, I love my stupid car too, but Jesus Christ.

Seriously. The last time I saw someone posting like that was the psycho who killed his neighbors over his pumpkins.

Get help, Dave.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Physical posted:

:stare: Is there a SAclopedia entry about this?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1854

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

YF19pilot posted:

You know how you live somewhere for awhile and you start to think people are cool. Then you find the one thing to ruin it all?

Just found that yesterday. A small pickup (I think it was a Toyota Tacoma) with a plackard that stated "$3.85 a gallon. Jew Bastards." I didn't have chance to catch it with a camera, but if you're near Tallmadge, OH, you might stumble upon it.
I grew up in that area, and that doesn't surprise me in the least.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

DILLIGAF posted:

I am going to guess that this goes here, but my prognosticatory record on AI tastes is not stellar.

An International unlike any I have seen... seems to be going after the Ford F650 market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_CXT

Ashton Kutcher drove one, the douchebag.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

SaNChEzZ posted:

No words for this one.

I've got two: "wrong thread."

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Geoj posted:

Nothing classes up your Infiniti like a giant Fox sticker.

Rt 8 in Akron, by the University?

edit: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=univ...,348.99,,0,2.11
Yep! I haven't lived there in nearly a decade, but still recognized that horrible area. Traffic is bad, and the short ramps make it hard for people to merge and exit.

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 9, 2013

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I worked on an early 2000s Kia Sportage of all things that had a real oil pressure gauge. That was one thing he had us checking on, he was worried because the oil pressure was acting like a tachometer. I took it for a test drive and confirmed that yes, his oil pressure raised when it accelerated.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Mighty Horse posted:

If it ain't on the verge of stalling, its not lopey enough.

My dad was in the car scene back in the day (and actually had a '69 Charger). He tells stories of guys with a stock V8 that would pull a spark plug and idle around the lot, sounding like it had a lopey idle.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

JP Money posted:

Can someone elaborate on this story and why he was permabanned?

Lowtax posted a bunch of data on how many people were using which browsers. There was one guy who was using WebTV and Lowtax banned him because (and I'm paraphrasing) "WTF, WebTV? Really?"

edit: I guess it was Radium, not Lowtax.

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 6, 2013

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Charge that rear end in a top hat and get him convicted for the hit-and-run. He's lucky he doesn't have a DUI hanging over his head as well.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Polymerized Cum posted:

Maybe the owner had difficulty sourcing a replacement hood for the most common make and model loving ever.

This is a blog my friend keeps updated:
http://thetancamry.tumblr.com/

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Throatwarbler posted:

I don't understand what is happening here. It appears to be a collection of pictures of Brown Toyota Camrys?

Yep. The dude who runs it has a Tanry with some significant body damage. You see tons of tan Camrys all over the place, so he put up the blog for fun.

He's the kind of guy who drove to see Tommy Wiseau (of "The Room" fame) and get his picture taken with him. Sometimes people just want to be goofballs.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

BraveUlysses posted:

I don't know how anyone could take that site seriously, just look at all the pics he takes and doodles over them. I thought it was pretty funny at least.

If you can't laugh at "Fake Tan Friday" then you have no sense of humor.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

joat mon posted:

"Officer, this man has refused to spend his money at my place of business! Please take his property from him and destroy it!"

I think it's more of "this car is unsafe to be on the road, please make sure he doesn't kill himself or someone else while driving it around."

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

The Midniter posted:

I'm even a born-and-bred Yankees fan, but this was just too much.

It should have no badges, Yankee mystique and all that.

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 12, 2013

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Well done sir. I bow to your color sperginess.

I prefer the street name for Plum Crazy: Statutory Grape.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Coasterphreak posted:

Everyone should read the first comment on this article, it is hilarious

For those too lazy to click the link:

quote:

Welcome to Jalopnik!

Today we're featuring an article on the babyability of the Wienermobile. We understand the type of comments this article may attract, so we've created this automated system to assist you. If you want to make a comment on the Kosher qualities of the Wienermobile, please say Kosher. If you would like to make a comment featuring innuendo, please say innuendo.

"Innuendo"

Thank you for your selection. If you would like your innuendo use the common noun wiener, please say wiener. Otherwise, say more options.

"More options."

More options. If you want to base your innuendo on the wienermobile's handling, please say handling. If you want to base your innuendo on the wienermobile's exhaust system, please say exhaust. If you want to base your innuendo on the wienermobile's event schedule, please say schedule. If you want to base your innuendo on current events, please say current events. If you want to ba-

"Current events."

Current events. Please state the area in which the current event is or did take place.

"New York"

Is that New York City, or New York State? If City, please say City, if State, ple-

"City"

If you want to reference a recent wienermobile appearance in New York City, please say yes. Otherwise, please say no.

"No"

I am currently searching for current events in New York City. If you wish to expedite the process, please give a topic area.

"Election"

Is this for a past election, or a future election? If past, please say past. If future, please say future.

"Future"

My records show that the next New York City election is a city government primary election is scheduled to happen on September 10. Is this the election on which you want to base your innuendo? If yes, please say yes. If no, ple-

"Yes"

If you wish to base your innuendo on a candidate, please say candidate. If you wis-

"Candidate"

Please state the party for which the candidate is running for nomination. The options are Libertarian, Working Families, Liberal, Gre-

"Democratic"

Please state the nominee on which you want to base your innuendo. Available options are Sal Albanese, Ceceilia Berkowitz, Ra-

"Anthony Wiener"

Please select the following innuendo. For "I'd expect the bottom can stick out more than the top of the Anthony Wienermobile," please press 1. For "The Anthony Wienermobile wouldn't curve like that," please press 2. For "Shouldn't we call it the Carlos Dangermobile?" please press 3. For "How is #Anthony doing in the votin-

beep

You have selected option 3, "Shouldn't we call it the Carlos Dangermobile?" Your comment has been posted. Thank you for using Jalopnik! Goodbye!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
The elusive SHELB Mustang.

Seconds later it roared limped across the street on 7 cylinders.

Also, the rear window was completely missing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
The CR-Z is a failure on almost every level. The car isn't quick, doesn't get good gas mileage (for a hybrid), only seats 2 people, and is pretty ugly to boot. Is there a silver lining I am not seeing?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

SaNChEzZ posted:

Your opinion, I think it looks great, it's fun and sporty with a bunch of aftermarket. Sure it doesn't get 80MPG, but I have no qualms with 44-45 on the highway. I assume you hate miatas as well, pretty much the same thing.

I'm actually in the market for a Miata once I sell my Camry. I drove my neighbor's and it was a blast. Now that I'm getting a car for work, I might get a fun car again, and the Miata is at the top of the list.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

amenenema posted:

Dad had a early 90's GMC pickup with white paint. Exact same problem. I think the body shop told him it was a primer issue for a few years?

IIRC, they were experimenting with a primer and paint in one and didn't get the mixture right. Lots of cars from the early 90s had these issues.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Negromancer posted:

In the US there was an option TRD SuperCharger for the 1mz v6, which is now pretty sought after for mr2 swaps. This awesome s/c V6 sw20 mr2 is on ebay right now

Thank god that is across the country from me.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

veedubfreak posted:

I'm sure they'll ship it for you :getin:

Don't tempt me. I need to sell my '07 Camry first or my wife will kill me.

I honestly would want to test drive/look it over before buying it, but I have a soft spot for Toyotas from the 90's.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
That Celica is beautiful. Take good care of her!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

FatCow posted:

Babyseat in the back.

Is that a 2010-ish Nissan Altima? My parents had their wheels replaced under warranty due to being a bad casting from China. They only had a hairline crack, not a catastrophic failure like that one.

88h88 posted:

It's been mentioned that this is a Supra kit?? The gently caress?

I swear there are almost no aftermarket add-ons for the Supra that don't look like total rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

FatCow posted:

It was an RX-8.

Durrr. I should've at least looked at the fender instead of focusing on the (blurry) wheels.