Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Boomerjinks posted:

Now I know that the "General Grant" is actually a thing.

This concept is amazing.

Content:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Darko posted:

I'm unsure of what's going on here - I don't know if it's a Canadian thing or what:

Ran across an F20 swapped Corolla with a similar treatment on tumblr, beats rolling round with one fender painted the wrong color.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Did not ask price, anything would have been too high

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

It's just the all new 2006 Opel Antara 2008 Saturn Vue 2013 Chevrolet Captiva :v:

Old cellphone pics:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Missing from this picture of Goku's Saturn is the randomly pulsing neon and LEDs all over the car.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I just watched every episode of Initial D, am I ready?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

In all fairness it looks like the truck was the one that hosed up. Wait, Japan drives on left side of road, nvm

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 20, 2013

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Nice truck nuts.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Powershift posted:

Hey, road salt crew.

CHILL THE gently caress OUT WITH THE SALT.

This was one day, the truck was clean when i started the day. this is why we can't have solid older cars :argh:

It's times like this that I'm glad my state doesn't use a whole lot of road salt, jesus.

Forgot I had this picture.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Spokane, owner really liked the Gonzaga Bulldogs I guess.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

My stupid dream idea for a Prius was to just put a turbo on it like Blitz did with theirs or like this person did.

Content:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Lack of good public transport is the most terrible car thing of all.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

TheNakedJimbo posted:

Problem: minivan is lame.

Solution: ground effects and rims.

This is actually pretty great.

Always forget to get a picture of this thing whenever I see it around town.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Compared to the ones plastered in signs on every non-glass surface that car is just a rolling disappointment. You gotta step up your game here, boring protest van owner.

TOTAL CHAOS

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

He used like, three ropes, it's cool :v:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

I like how the Prius V handles it, just a little lever/switch thing that doesn't take up a whole bunch of space:

Bad shift knob/picture handling:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

flag needs to be on the roof general lee style

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

random rear end website posted:

General Motors commissioned the construction of Alero prototypes either for testing or to gather public opinion on possible future plans for the Alero. These variants include:
Alero California - A custom built version of the Alero coupe featuring racing parts including a large rear wing, racing seats, sport tires, and custom graphics painted in brown and yellow.
Alero 442 - A set of show cars based on the Alero coupe fitted with a body kit similar in design to the Oldsmobile 442. Each Alero 442 show car had a unique color, including white with gold stripes and white with pink stripes.

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 15, 2014

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

The brown and yellow Alero is pretty rad for the time, but the wheels and front fascia push the white one over the line.

I want to give the whole idea the benefit of the doubt as something, anything, to make someone under the age of 60 look twice at an Oldsmobile. The most terrible car stuff about any Olds will be GM marketing and planning throwing the brand into the shitter via utter disinterest.

On the other hand, I still have no idea what Oldsmobile was supposed to be at any point in time. It's like they were designed to leech sales from other GM brands instead of just doing it on accident.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

powered by skullz

some kind of skull pun. variable vomer timing, idk

simpsons

pocky based biofuel conversion

i think sonic is supposed to imply speed

This is less terrible car stuff and more terrible car website stuff (turn sound on before clicking):
http://www.5speeds.com/muncie.htm

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

bro truck haiku:
found on instagram
the wheels are called "berretta"
should be shot with one

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 25, 2014

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

"My foot is my ABS, and my finger is my safety."

Don't deny it, you all know this person.

"Don't need safety equipment when you have two tons of American steel :911:"

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

I was looking around the gis to think of ideas I don't have the money or knowledge to properly follow up on and I found this:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

I thought the point was more about cheap small cars being fun at normal speeds, while something fast and exotic is only fun at flagrantly illegal speed.

"kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5dFSQ7sdxc
as you can see from the poorly shot video of this 240SX booger welded onto a blazer chassis, poor taste has migrated somewhat over to taller, more truck like vehicles

i feel like i see more of these than autozone spoilers

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

guy fuckin' loves whatever OBX is, also apparently fond of rear end

on the subject of of political cars there's never a bad time for freedom van (this is the second of these vans)

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 18, 2015

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

nitrogen posted:

Where the heck is the intake? The cabin?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

Why the hell can't they just hook a flow meter into the fuel rail like sane people

I think everyone involved frowns on doing things like that to press cars.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

:canada:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

freelop posted:

Please stop talking about fizzy pop. Some children even prefer the taste of diet drinks, I had a phase of it when younger and my sister currently is.

In all fairness, that was meant to be bad for the cellphone ads it was in.

This wasn't.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

Gasoline direct injection is literally magic.

It makes me wonder if there's a market for kits to convert old engine designs to GDI. Custom cylinder heads and/or spark plug/injector combos, fuel systems, computers to control the whole shebang, high-compression reciprocating bits...

At a bare minimum it would have to be for cars that people are willing to spend a huge amount of money on and keep for far longer than most others would. It would be sort of like those HKS designed cylinder heads that add variable valve timing to the RB26. They're more popular than HKS ever anticipated because of how many people have been holding on to the Skyline GT-Rs, and also ridiculously expensive If I remember right.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

Wait, what? How does something like this even work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnfdn1M3iis
Video from 2005 when HKS first released it, skip to 14:00 to see a cutaway version of the V-Cam head

Most of the magic is in the intake cam sprocket, like most factory setups, the only real odd thing about it is an aftermarket company building their own variable valve timing solution for a twenty six year old platform

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 22, 2015

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

I like to think of manual transmissions like mechanical watches. A phone does basically all of the jobs of a watch much better, but an expensive watch lets you show off, and the absolute cheapest watch is always going to be cheaper than a phone. As long as you can show off your manual car or as long as it's cheaper than an automatic in some economy thing, manuals will be a thing you can get, and from the sounds of things there are plenty of people that want to show off and enjoy the personal gratification and stimulation that comes with grasping and moving their sticks whenever they pull out their hot rod.

e:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Slavvy posted:

Nah. Those people aren't a big enough part of the new car market for it to matter. The new car market is thus:

- Thrill of the drive dickheads who obsess over split-second differences in nurburgring lap times and tick as many ~~performance~~ boxes as they can afford.
- People who want an appliance; some can afford nicer, more expensive appliances. Everyone else, in other words.

Neither of these people give a poo poo about manuals, and factors like economy, cost, emissions etc are all vastly, vastly, vastly more important than a small percentage of nerds like us who want to have fun. The only place you can expect mass-produced manual vehicles to continue in the next decade are light commercial vehicles.

Yeah, I'm not gonna glance over the fact the only people that want manuals are people that want to vigourously move that stick back and forth in front of everyone until they can't anymore, but as stuff like that one Cayman shows, there will be some kind of manual option available if people really will buy them, and some cheap-rear end econobox will have one as a base model somewhere

Personal car, owner is a big B-52s fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

This has been posted in the correct thread. This is terrible car stuff.

saturn died for your sins