Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

casque
Mar 17, 2009

MetaJew posted:

paint cans

I believe those are propane tanks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casque
Mar 17, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

It was built by West Coast Customs for Justin Beiber.

More like Worst Coast Customs, amirite?

casque
Mar 17, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Terrible car driving... how do you even get yourself into this predicament?

Real men back it in.

casque
Mar 17, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

I've got the check engine light on in my Q7 TDI because the DPF delete didn't have spots for the EGT sensors, so it thinks there's something perpetually wrong with the Exhaust Temperature.

Also its pisssed about the EGR even though the EGR is deleted.

The terrible car poo poo here is bypassing emissions controls to pollute more.

casque
Mar 17, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Not even remotely what is happening, but thanks for playing. Catalytic converter is still installed as well.

Its because the DPF and DEF system is prone to frequent failures and once its out of warranty its expensive to maintain. I am particularly meticulous about ensuring the car burns as clean as possible and absolutely despite coal rollers.

Hey, thanks for responding.

I was hoping you could elaborate a little on this. I was under the impression the DPF and DEF were both systems designed to reduse the pollution a car is generating. How are your emissions less without these systems than with them?

Edit: sorry just read you subsequent responses. You're saying you've tuned your car so that without DPF and DEF you're cleaner than the stock tune with DPF and DEF?

casque fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 1, 2023

casque
Mar 17, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

No, don't know how you got that from my responses at all.

Well you said you deleted DPF and DEF systems and that you're "particularly meticulous about ensuring the car burns as clean as possible" and that "the engine has been tuned to burn as clean as it reasonably can"?

What did you mean exactly?

Is your car without manufacturers emissions controls in working order?

Is you car emitting less than it would be with those controls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casque
Mar 17, 2009

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I was already having a poo poo-assed day so it's a good thing this loving RV wheel cover thing appeared in the middle of the highway to cheer me up!

Cracked radiator and plenty of shredded plastic splash guards.

You didn't see it in time with all those headlights?