Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Octopus Magic posted:

Naw, I think it's okay too.

It would be forgiven if it were a Brabus, but as it is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

The NJ DMV has webcams at their state inspection locations so you can see how long the line is before you go. I don't think these guys are going to pass.

Really? It's probably the safest car in that lot and it also doesn't pollute, I don't see what DMV's problem would be.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:downsbravo:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm guessing it is the Micra (that is a Micra, right?) based on where the drivers' seat is. Unless it's a one way road, in which case who knows?

Nope, that would be me in the Miata, duh :) I did get a warning for this once before, but generally nobody cares because the other option is to drive around two blocks to turn around and also gently caress reversing up a hill while parallel parking (the horror is coming from inside the thread, etc).

As jammyozzy, I thought that was rather lovely that the tiny Micra is parked in such a way that anything larger than a miata would be difficult if not impossible to park there, and that's the same spot I parked this

next to this

before without exchanging any paint.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure that when the manual says not to park with only part of the tire on the curb, this isn't the implied solution:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just came across this in YOSPOS, reminds me of a certain Jeep photo:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Das Volk posted:

What the hell? Is the car filled with cocaine or something?

Well it can take a whale in the trunk, so that's gotta be worth something.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm more upset about the bike taking up a whole car spot :colbert:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So this is now a thing that exists:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/06/acura-tl-gets-its-top-chopped/

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I was quite certain that anything is better than a stock Trabant, but I guess not :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Those are pretty rare in the wild so you should be safe. I've never noticed it before, but is that the fuel tank right behind the passenger compartment? Because that must be pretty convenient for siphoning fuel out.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think that was nearly as bad as this classic: OI OI OI OI!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You can't improve on perfection, indeed.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It sounds like a tractor and makes Commie embarrassed in front of the cute cashier.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Throatwarbler posted:

I don't really follow F1 but this probably counts as a bad thing.

Micheal Schumacher hit his head on a rock while skiing and is reportedly all hosed up.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/29/sport/motorsport/michael-schumacher-skiing-f1-motorsport/

poo poo, and they say motorsport is dangerous! And he was wearing a helmet, too...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Suck it, lovely rental car havers!

It drover a bit lame compared to a 328 I drove just before it, but screaming "PLAY ARTIST SLAYER!" at SYNC more than made up for it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EightBit posted:

Impressive police incompetence. I wonder how many tires they ruin annually with misplaced puncture strips?

Cops trying to toss the strip across like three lanes and failing was my favorite part of the clip.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
They could be just building them better - that's what their manufacturing process is about.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

xzzy posted:

Because they think they're super clever for having a tiny car and stuff themselves into parking spots in all kinds of stupid ways.

This one has the plates "hi iq 42" (which is amusing to me because 42 mpg wasn't even all that great when the car was introduced, especially in a car that is nothing but a chair and four tires).

Used to park rotated at a full 90 degrees but eventually site security got tired of the complaints and ticketed the thing.

People probably give them a kick in the door as they walk past.

That plate sounds more like "Hi, my IQ is 42" :downs: to me.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kastein posted:

Am I supposed to be surprised?

Well yeah, I thought he'd be in FYAD.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e65_1397351213
You're welcome!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I actually wanted to include a warning about that, but really, what did you expect from the people involved in that?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Can I bitch about a terrible ticket here?

Got one for parking about where that box truck is. Why? My miata takes up too much space on this quiet street where the only traffic is from the people living in like 10 houses on the left of the photos. Going by that rule, there's probably nowhere else to park in a 1km radius except for the handful of spaces directly below my apartment :argh:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No signs, but it's probably technically not allowed anyway, because after parking there isn't a certain amount of space left in the lane. I haven't measured it but the street isn't very wide so it's possibly correct. However that's the first time I saw people get fined for it. Previously I got a warning once (same street, different car) for parking in the wrong direction and too close to an intersection, like that VW there.

As I said, the fine is probably technically correct, but it still pisses me off, because who actually cares? Why did it take them two years to notice this? Why is the fine twice higher than for driving the wrong way down a one-way street? And what the hell is everyone supposed to do now?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nitrogen posted:

But this is OK because this is my car. There are several things that are terrible car stuff about this, but I dont care because I'm a huge nerd.

I see you've upgraded from a Mazda!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Galler posted:

How many Deloreans does it take to get one to a car show, or do they just cut to the chase and trailer it there?

We know it takes two to go for a cup of coffee, so, like, all of them?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Imported"? That's how they make them at the factory :colbert:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nice wheels you've got there bro, on your TDI Octavia!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Postal posted:

You need a throttle/break on a stick on the other side, just like on a fighter/airbus. Then your feet can be free to whatever...

Hands on Throttle and Steering would be pretty cool, but I honestly would prefer that setup, as it leaves on hand free to... do whatever.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno, that just might be the most accurate statement ever, actually.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a bit conflicted on the correct thread for it, but I'm gonna go with this one by a narrow margin:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Let me just park my piece of poo poo perpendicularly when there's more than enough space to do it like a normal person :argh:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

eyebeem posted:

Nobody who isn't into cars/bikes knows what or cares what a Ducati is. My wife and I were at the San Diego auto museum on Saturday and she had never head of Ducati as a brand, let alone as anything "special."

A $1,200 stroller in front of a 1966 Bizzarrini P538 and an (Arguably terrible car stuff) Dino.

Look at all the cheap hard plastic. Shameful.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MRC48B posted:

Classic.

Commodore_64 posted:

I do this. It's great. Sometimes I put cleats on the sides for both the bracket and the battery, making sure any fasteners are well recessed.

As far as I'm concerned, wood is the standard adapter for converting between different battery sizes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cakefool posted:

I love the side exhaust :yayclod:

You're gonna reajly love this, then:

Edit: larger image. And yeah it's not offensively terrible jut kind of a :downs: for the car

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 4, 2015