Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't even remember where these are from or why i have them on my computer, but they certainly belong here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What about the stripping and polishing of aluminum? i've always wanted to strip and polish a jag XJ or series 2 land rover, even if it would land in this thread.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm not sure, someone here should be able to figure it out from the interior

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Neptr posted:

I'd like to think the owner put on the rims, took ten steps back, and thought, "Nailed it."

People buy those rims. They can't be the only four.

That's actually a pretty simple 2 dimensional design, they could quite easily be one-off

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Budget Monty posted:

What truck actually came with a 7-Lug axle? There is a 7 lug rear axle pulled from a truck at my local pull-a-part junkyard sitting no-where near a vehicle. First one I have ever seen. Good luck finding aftermarket wheels, lol!

Edit: It looks like ford did this for "A Few Months" in 2002, from what i have read so far.

they did it for longer than that, it was the 7700lb gvw package. For a few years it was just called the f-250, for a few years it was a package on the f-150.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

metallicaeg posted:

That must go really fast in reverse for those flame stripes there.

well he ordered them for both sides of the car, but when he got them all the flames were going one way!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 8, 2012

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Can we get a title change to "PYF: gas prices and toy cars."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Motronic posted:

There's nearly no visibility out of the back. Fortunately, they put cameras that come up on the center screen all over the thing.

I kinda like them. They look mean/sporty but admittedly a bit ridiculous. I wouldn't buy one, but they are at least full of all sorts of interesting ideas/design details.

I think these illustrate your point pretty well:

"Belt line? We'll show you a freaking belt line!"

It's even worse when it gets dirty, because the rear windscreen is only about a foot tall, the rear wiper is only about 10 inches long, so it can only clean a very small portion of the rear window, as this high tech rendering demonstrates.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I bet it doesn't even float.

edit: dammit, russia, stop doing this poo poo.
potential :nws: ads http://www.yaplakal.com/forum11/topic482740.html

Choice cuts:

This is what i think of when i hear "rebuilt title"

Powershift fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 5, 2012

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

nm posted:

Note that many European cars have subtle differences that allow greater towing. For example, in B5 Passats, the V6 passats came with bigger front brakes in the US.

I also suspect a factor is the lack of serious inspection like TUV or MOT. No company wants to be liable (well, at least be sued) when rust eats the crap out of a unibody and someone tows the limit.

Not only that, but speed is a massive factor in towing, and most European countries limit cars towing trailers to FIFTY miles per hour. it's scary enough seeing inexperienced drivers try to hold on to hold onto small pickups towing trailers at 65mph, let alone a loving passat.

I don't care what the European tow rating is, or what people think the tow ratings should be, i don't want to see a god drat focus flying down the highway at 85mph towing this, which is within the European focus's towing capacity.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's happening again.

At least the A pillar isn't an important structural member.

http://autobotanik.livejournal.com/31952.html

There's a whole bunch more of these here: http://autobotanik.livejournal.com/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I too love this photo everytime it gets posted. What makes my head hurt is how do the front tires steer? Does he have to raise the bags? Please educate me, goons!

The trailer is actually a permanent part of the vehicle. it steers like an articulated loader. flexing at the hitch

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

That video is particularly hilarious, has V10 TDI engine is rather powerful for its size, its got nearly the same torque as as 2010 Dodge Ram Cummins.

Too bad the V10 bit the dust due to emissions.

the v10 is 6 liters, the duramax is 6.6, it's not that large of a gap.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's turning into a morgan :haw:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

and now, a winner of terrible car bingo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

That's one of those cars that we can kill the aesthetics of all day, but at least the fit and finish is good. More money than brains club. If it's anything like most show cars of that quality, it probably has some cool go-fast stuff on it too.

I hate that I have to occasionally defend show cars in this thread, sometimes it's really hard to do :negative:

e- even that loving horse, though it looks like it was hit by the Mustang, is actually fairly good quality work. Not the greatest, but the dude that did it has some legit chops.

oh yeah, tons of go-fast stuff. it's got a cold air intake, headers and exhaust, and nitrious, that's gotta be 500+ horsepower.

It also has a monitor in each door and 2 in the trunk.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1994-Custom-Ford-Mustang-Convertible-W0QQAdIdZ443849550QQfeaturedAdZtrue

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Polymerized Cum posted:

Going to trade the Outback in towards a compact pickup. Suddenly, from around the corner, the '80s came screaming back to life:

Please tell me this is just some slovenly car dealer's idea, and not an official Nissan style choice.

stickers are making a comeback, you can order this on your new f-150.

http://www.fordcustomgraphics.com/f150.php

edit: pretty much everything in there is hilariously 80s.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 9, 2013

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They're at it again.

NSFW Ads http://www.yaplakal.com/forum11/topic529891.html

We should send these guys a pile of rusted out muscle cars, give them something productive to do with their skills rather than spending thousands of man hours fixing $8,000 hyundais

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

It's decorated for a special event my SCCA Region does every year to commemorate Pearl Harbor; it's an Allies v. Axis themed thing. I couldn't find any pictures of the new paintjob and fenders he's got on it now.

EDIT: Nevermind, found one!

And now the russian version.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Quit giving attention whores attention for attention whoring.

Instead, LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT WHAT I'M POSTING!

http://autobotanik.livejournal.com/34093.html

How the gently caress could this be worth the cost?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrChips posted:

Don't kid yourself, Calgary drivers are just as bad, if not worse.

Really, Albertans as a whole are completely loving clueless on the road.

Hey, they've got places to go, and a foot of snow on the highway is not a good enough reason to slow down to 130.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ferremit posted:

Body lift blocks arent meant to be 4x4 lumber!

It's a morgan lift kit :haw:

This piece of poo poo is still for sale somehow, but they've added new pictures

Even the wide body kit doesn't want to be associated with the car, and is trying to leave.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 4, 2013

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

More here. http://autobotanik.livejournal.com/34899.html

Part of me is scared.

Another part of me wants to ship these guys a seacan full of rusted out muscle cars and put their skills to good use.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 16, 2013

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

26" wheels on a classic truck :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kastein posted:

I see a monster energy logo too, truly the best of owners.

Fortunately it's just a KK body Liberty, so nothing of value has been lost.

That's a jeep commander, you need to get your eyes checked :rolleyes:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kastein posted:

Apparently I do. I still want nothing to do with it either way.

It looked like a late Liberty to me due to the hatch glass opening... guess I was wrong.

It was a joke, the liberty and commander look almost identical, one is just bigger.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gotta take the plates off for the pictures, don't want to mess up the body lines.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

OSI bean dip posted:

Stupid poo poo you pull with your car:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=04a_1370304152

Yes. That is a tree.

Hey, sometimes the tools you got aren't the tools you need, you gotta make due.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 4, 2013

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can only imagine this is the driver.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Ahahahaha that car is rural Saskatchewan as gently caress (see: that big-rear end egg in the background).

Rural alberta, the egg is in vegreville, and is the worlds largest.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GutBomb posted:

I know this thread is usually for when people gently caress up their individual cars but I think this counts as Nissan loving up a car.

What the poo poo is this?

$52 grand worth of regret!
e: i guess they dropped the price to $42k, that must be because it sold like 60 units in the first year.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 6, 2013

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A Quick lesson in imgur: if you paste the direct link to the large thumbnail size imgur link generated for you on the imgur site by clicking "large thumbnail" under all the embed codes, the forums automatically turn it into a link to the full size image. It's fantastical.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's a terrible color for an audi TT

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The guy is asking TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

John Cenas Jorts posted:

Looking at this thing makes me feel like I'm having a stroke

But it's only $4,900 bucks!

http://youtu.be/EIdrr5S5hCM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

How many people with -real- handicaps are able to ride a motorcycle, then put a tarp over it after they get to their arrival?

For people with -real- handicaps, the can-am is probably the only factory bike they can ride.

The guy could be 90, barely able to walk, but still too cool for a cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

JaysonAych posted:

Seems like the handicap placard would be very easy to steal.

It wouldn't be hard to identify when stolen either. You would probably end up with one of those mugshots where the guy is duct-taped to the chair so he can remain upright.