Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

echoplex posted:

I want this so badly. You know how people put Rolls Royce fronts on Beetles? Well this is actually good.

I get distinct droopy dog impression from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
If you clear coated it afterwards that would actually kind of be cool. Or even if you didn't and let it rust up a bit and then clear coated it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Sorry my brain is mush from staring at spreadsheets all day :downs:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
We plate our steel bushings in cadmium that go into aluminum drag lings fwiw

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Warcabbit posted:

It could be worse!

(comes with own hipster)

By the way, the Brabus Smart, this year, comes with no horsepower or handling improvements. The older version did.

I would drive the gently caress out of this

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Now I have a burning desire to take like a GAZ-21 or something and turn it into the Comrade Lenin :ussr:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

altezzzzzzzzzas on an E250, strange. Do they use the same tail light housings as F150 pickups?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Pretty much, nothing exists in a vacuum, but it's still annoying to see people whine about fuel prices in the US.

I also don't really understand the issue some people have with tax-funded primary healthcare. If you take the cost of the NHS and set it against the number of people actually employed in the UK, it's something like $6,000 per worker. That really isn't that bad, when you consider it's funding the same level of healthcare for the other 53% of the population (all the under-sixteens and non-working adults) as well.

Not sure what the average employee health insurance package costs in the US (for equivalency, you have to include the ones with spousal/offspring cover as well as the freewheeling singles, and both emploer and employee contributions), but I'd be surprised if it were significantly below that.

Unfortunately, I believe the UK legislation is set up in such a way that it is subject to fuel duty - I did a quick search, some VP Racing C12 would cost me about $25/gal, compared to more like $16/gal in the US. Ouch.

A more apt comparison is diesel, as we can get that duty-free ("red" diesel for agriculture etc) - this costs $4.40 for a US gallon, compared to $8.90 for the road stuff. Google tells me the US average for diesel is $4.13 a gallon, so your assumption was quite astute.

The US pays about twice per capita of any other OCED country to provide inferior service to 5/6ths of the population. I'd trade spending 9 bux a gallon on gas for UHC any day.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Obviously the solution here is transparisteel

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Just ride inside the refrigerator, that way if it falls off you have something to cushion your fall!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Found some stills:

:911:

Must be a big U2 fan.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I once high centered a Corolla on a snow bank while loving around in an empty parking lot after work and it only took 6 of us to lift the car enough off the bank so I wasn't stuck anymore.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Probably more or less "it was a hit and run with zero known witnesses it's not worth the manpower to have someone come out for a crime that has a very small chance of being solved". They should at least send someone out for a police report so you can claim it properly on your insurance though.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I don't have a picture but yesterday I saw an Accord sedan with a vinyl top. :911:

(That particular style isn't popular anywhere else right?)

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Steve French posted:

Was it this one?

Yup, just blue instead of white with a darker blue cover.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I can confirm that it looks like the loving Dust Bowl down here in Wichita

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
It's a Renault Alliance.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Yeah my dad had a 4 door one for a little while in the early 90s and it was an unreliable piece of poo poo. It was horrifically slow even by the standards of late 80s econoboxes.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Couldn't decide if this belonged in here or in the horrible mechanical failures thread when it inevitably tipped over or took out a traffic light.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
at least they put it on blocks first and they even oriented them in the right direction!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Climax, eh? Seems like someone had some drunk sex

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Cayenes and Panameras subsidize all the cool/good Porches so I wouldn't be too terribly sad that so many people buy them.

Until they decide to coast on their brand name cachet and stop making 911s and Boxsters and poo poo.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

A guy I work with has an automatic E36 325i with the same wing on it, I mock him mercilessly.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I'm pretty sure that's a reference to some poster here a while back who was talking about Contour SVT's being as fast/faster than an M3 of the equivalent vintage

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

are there like, paint by number guides that JC Whitney puts out for specific models of cars?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Chevy Tracker.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Willfrey posted:

Edit: Beaten and I am wrong.

FWIW, the grand vitara and the chevy tracker are the same thing, I just noticed the chevy logo on the wheel caps

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Quick someone make an Accord Crosstour convertible so all the awful can coalesce into one monstrous vehicle

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Yeah if we replaced every fuckstick with a lifted up f250 that has never seen so much as a sheet of plywood in the bed with an Outback the world would be a much better place.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Because wood is pretty strong and that H2 only weighs like 3.5tons or something

e: Hell that might even be an H3 which is like 5500 lbs

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Oversteer is an efficient anti-theft device?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Shampoo posted:

I think you mean Massachusetts.

:420: is legal in Washington

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

JP Money posted:

Whoa, A&M no longer hates UT now that they're in the SEC. You can be sure that UT is still bitter as gently caress that they didn't make the deal to get out first though.

Wait what, why would Texas leave the Big 12 when the reason why everyone else wants to leave is because Texas dominates the league?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Forza can put a loving PT Cruiser in their game but I can't get an E34 M5? Talk about horrible car stuff...

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

E34 M5 got added in the April '12 DLC. It looks nice between my E28 and E39 :)

Welp time to buy a 360 again.

FogHelmut posted:

You can see his stripes but you know he's clean.

I can see what you mean

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
You can just barely see the steering wheel and it is LHD

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That poo poo isn't even American so they don't have an excuse that way either. Surely there had to be some better donor car in Europe than that.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

JP Money posted:

Red cable goes on the black post right? It's a battery so obviously opposites attract like a magnet does and therefore the battery must charge right?

You joke about this but I got my car jumped by a roadside assistance contract company and the guy tried to jump start my E30 backwards and blew up both of his battery boxes in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That actually sounds objectively less stupid than Billy the bass flopping on the back of your trailer hitch