Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

slidebite posted:

Is that an old school JDM Skyline?

Some parts of Asia in general seems to be largely out of the whole "hitler was actually a really bad guy" and he/nazis seem to be viewed as edgy and cool as a quick google can quickly show.

It's a Toyota Corolla KE35 hard top coupe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

wesleywillis posted:

What would piss off Ferrari more? Lambo badges on a ferrari or ferrari badges on a lambo? I feel like the first one would more so..... But maybe not.

I think Ferruccio Lamborghini would be pissed about a Ferrari badge on a Lamborghini, as story goes that Ferruccio was unimpressed with the build quality of his Ferrari road car and old Enzo told him to go and stick it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:wtc:

A Holden Rodeo and a TE/TF Magna hellmobile

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I know Nissan in Australia were still flogging off Y61 Patrol cab chassis for ages, not sure if they still do.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That is surely the automotive equivalent of the uncle who gives a middle finger to local government building regulations and puts whatever haphazard extension to his house

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Memento posted:

Or under the sun visors

or just, gently caress it, on the steering wheel, why the gently caress not

https://i.imgur.com/7N4qCLz.mp4

it's not venomous

but please pull over and get rid of it before you hit something due to inattention you loving stooges

awww, it is a cute widdle huntsman :3:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ili posted:

Nah they don't hurt anyone they're just cool. Hang out in your house and eat insects. Every now and again one pops in to say g'day when I'm in the shower.

They are the Labrador of the spider world. Big and friendly

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I misread this as masonry and thought they were using some cement sheeting

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

wontondestruction posted:

About 10-11 yrs ago I found myself behind a guy in a convertible Jaguar with the plate YBPOOR. Wish I had taken a pic and maybe accidentally run him off the road.

He will be poor with Jaguar maintenance bills

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BigPaddy posted:

I like Junkyard Digs. Just a young guy and his friends loving around with old junk.

Totally agree, seeing him and Thunderhead 289 trying to get old junk working again is great. Plus his girlfriend is very easy on the eyes

Finnegans Garage I find more miss than hit. Some of his videos can be so boring unless he has someone else to work off with.

knox_harrington posted:

Not necessarily a "channel" but Project Binky is excellent if you haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/badobsessionmsport
Too bad Richard Brunning is a Thatcherite

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That poor 205 :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jesus Christ, did they use a can opener? :stare:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NoWake posted:

Turns stomachs everywhere, too. It's a festival of :barf: inside.

"Today on Hoovie's Garage, the dumbest automotive channel on YouTube..."

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I saw the exact same thing yesterday at my local shops, but it was an E Class convertible

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yeah, Dick Johnson used bolt in alloy roll cages in his Falcons only because of weight issues:

He's mentioned that if they had the money they should have gone for something better

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

His sponsor was a tube miller. So I'm straight out calling BS on that one esp when Chrome-Moly was available from Palmers. He also collected gum trees at 140kph which would challenge even today's cages. Cage theory and design was also..... kinda poo poo in 1983
Quote from DJ from Australian Muscle Car, issue 10:

"No not really. It was still just an alloy roll cage, which had to be bolted to the shell everywhere because it's pretty hard to weld aluminium to steel"

"I reckon if I had my time again and having seen the Steve Masterton car which had a welded chrome-moly (steel) cage in it, that would have been the better way to go"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nidhg00670000 posted:

The Pagani Zonda uses the climate control panel from the Rover 45. The Lambo Murcielago uses the climate control from the Rover 45 with remoulded buttons.

While I understand the Zonda, surely the Lambo would've been using VAG climate controls since it was under Audi's ownership by the time the Murcie was released

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I guess 2020 still had the last sting in its tail

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Darchangel posted:

Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie, and Chevrolet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYXfdnhh2Mo
so "baklava" fits.

I bet the Aussie version of that ad has more tits in it though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGW-WX77zjY

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Big Taint posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoHXsuBEAts

Edit: I can’t get it to queue to a specific time, skip to 52min.

Interesting, that was considered another Cannonball Run sequel in Australia

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Memento posted:

Just in the last 6-8 months there's loving dozens of enormous brodozer yank tanks around the streets of Melbourne. Rams, F-whatevers and Chevy trucks. I give a mate of mine enough poo poo for buying a Raptor, they're about 80k, but I was having a chat with a guy walking his dog who parked in a Ram and he said it cost a hundred and sixty thousand dollars. What the gently caress, man?

Low interest rates dude. If any of the banks raised their interest rates by .25% you'll see abandoned twin cab Utes littering the sides of roads like people do in with their supercars in the Middle East

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

dissss posted:

It's not like the 'real thing' looks any better.

I'm seeing lot of them around now since MB gave up and slashed prices to get rid of the excess ones stacked up in showrooms.

Yeah, that was a real head scratcher from Mercedes, probably hoping to jump in with the relative success of the VW Amarok. However you could buy the same ute, with I guess better support and service, from Nissan at a far cheaper price.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Humphreys posted:

What the gently caress? What model?

X Class. Barely lasted 3 years on the market. And considering how gung-ho most Aussies are for dual cabs, it was a large gently caress up:

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/mercedes-benz-x-class-ute-dropped-122661/

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

VideoGameVet posted:

UTE implies that the bed and the cabin are one ‘body’ no gap.

El Camino is a UTE. HiLux isn’t.

Subaru BRAT was a UTE.

Ute stands for Utility Coupe, therefore it was based off a regular passenger car, so in the words of the farmer who sent the request to Ford Australia: "a vehicle to go to church in on a Sunday and which can carry our pigs to market on Mondays".

Therefore anything built as a pickup first and foremost, like a F150, Hilux or Silverado already cancel themselves out there.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Powershift posted:

It's a small boulder the size of a large boulder.

The rear tyres on that truck almost look flat with that turd on the back of it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

coupedeville posted:

As a Ford dealership employee I can confirm some pretty silly oil filter locations. Have any of you had to change the oil on the new ranger? Its behind the inner fender cover in the left front wheel well attached to the engine. It's hilariously bad and totally belongs in this thread. Not even going to mention the drain plug on F150 ecoboosts that dumps the engine oil right into the sway bar on its way out to the oil drain.

The oil filter location on my Ford Focus diesel requires you to remove the majority of the plastic air intake and throttle body to get at it if you don't have the "special tool".

Then again it is a PSA diesel so we can blame Peugeot for that one

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It isn't an outright stunner but it also isn't hideous considering it was handmade, coachbuilding style by two people.

Getting a little bit of those Chrysler Atlantic show car vibes from that.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

There's a 2006 Audi Allroad near me that it is obvious the front air shocks have blown on it. Gotta be a bump steer nightmare to drive

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

There is absolutely no way I would buy, let alone drive, a Tesla. Lowest rung quality with tech that been given as much care as a Basic application made on a Commodore 64 by a kid.

That said the boot issue reminds me of the boot lid issue with the VT Commodore sedans. The issue was that during testing of the car it was always covered in that prototype cladding that manufacturers would put on pre-release cars to hide the shape of the car, and ignored the fact the way they designed the lid would channel water in a way that would soak the person opening the lid.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Scratch Monkey posted:

It’s just a Vo

Vovo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I hope it comes with the Panaphonics radio

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I feel more sad for the Integra Type R, that's probably the rarest car in that accident

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

AlternateAccount posted:

Vice Grip Garage has become my favorite auto youtube now SA is gonna tell me why I hate freedom and love hitler

VGG and Junkyard Digs are my two favourite American based car revival shows.

Dylan McCool is ok in small amounts, but he gives off a kinda creepy "Let me tell you about God" vibe to me

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jonny Nox posted:

ok, what the hell? This video is from this today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg_tFb2ohx4

Literally never heard about this car before, now everyone is talking about it.

Someone doesn't watch Garbage Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0FHMYvCzUg

Fix this immediately Jonny.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

wesleywillis posted:

Didn't some manufuckturer put a timing chain in the middle of a block?

I believe the Maserati V6 used in the Citroën SM did that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ether Frenzy posted:

A 75 year old Renault 2CV can do anything a CYBERTRVKK can do but instead of women thinking you're an incel they'll post a tiktok titled "wow this french resistance guy has BDE". Also none of the wheels will break off

Hate to be that person, but Citroën was the company that made the 2CV, not Renault